LBX Kit ? Whats your thoughts ?

RandomTrashy

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi Guys,

I had a Coffin sized box of LBX kit turn up before Christmas, It's half the price of LBT and seems like great quality ?

Any of you guys running LBX ?

Thoughts on its price ? " This is great targeted at the Airsoft / Milsim market ? "

Video reviews coming soon to my channel - www.Youtube.com/RandomTrashy

• Head Moderator

OK, I will bite. What is LBX? A quick google search comes up with Japanese cardboard and plastic toy robots, are these going to be used as targets? No idea what LBT is, lesbian, bisexual and transsexual? Or are they something provided by Tactical Kit, if so some context and a link might help.

• Supporters

LBX are the foreign manufacturing arm of LBT (London Bridge Trading (http://lbtinc.com/) who make lots and lots of very solid equipment for various militaries.

I've had a look at a few bits of LBX kit, honestly I couldn't tell a massive difference from the LBT stuff in terms of materials and quality of stitching. It seemed like well made durable kit, of course only time will tell and it's all pretty new to the market, I don't think they've been going for much longer than 2 years which isn't really long enough to call something durable.

Their own camo patterns are f*cking hideous though, taipan especially makes me want to tear my eyes out!

OK, I will bite. What is LBX? A quick google search comes up with Japanese cardboard and plastic toy robots, are these going to be used as targets? No idea what LBT is, lesbian, bisexual and transsexual? Or are they something provided by Tactical Kit, if so some context and a link might help.

You're so funny, its so obvious this is a clickbait post intended for us to do our own research an be like "oooo" "oooh" "where can i buy" this guy is treating us to some very special advertising psychology - as though we were children.

If uk tactical dont sell it the im not interested. And i also dont know why im even posting in your thread as they are only ever self promotional. Im sure your coffin sized box was free for advitising purposes anyhow...........yawn

You're so funny, its so obvious this is a clickbait post intended for us to do our own research an be like "oooo" "oooh" "where can i buy" this guy is treating us to some very special advertising psychology - as though we were children.

You need to relax.... take a deep breath .... I'm asking for opinions from other people in the ecosystem.

Don't want to comment or be involved don't respond !

Yes the kit was sent to me, and yes I will post my reviews and opinions thats why its sent to me. Don't want LBX kit don't buy it, do want it, watch the overview.

LBT - http://lbtinc.com

LBX - http://lbxtactical.lbtinc.com

< There do some reading.

LBT - http://lbtinc.com/

LBX - http://lbxtactical.lbtinc.com/

< There do some reading.

Man, I can't be sure if you've repeated here the same thing I accused you of; these links are both 404.

As for calm. I am calm. Problem is you acting like a spammer, instead of a reviewer. Your community engagement is at an all time low - now you ask, why does this matter? Because you keep posting threads outside the review section of the board, which clearly belong there - thus, spammmmmmmmer.

EDIT:

You're not irredeemable, not by a long shot.

Furthermore, this does not belong in the news forum.

Should be stuck on the end of the "what have you just been given thread?"

So your saying you don't like LBX kit ? Is that it ?

So your saying you don't like LBX kit ? Is that it ?

I don't need to know what it is to know this thread, in the format of the Original Post, does not belong in the news forum.

I'm sure you're a nice bloke, you seem level headed in your vids, but you presence here is awful, and your videos leave far too many questions. In the last one I saw, you said loads of stuff, some of it interesting, but left out "why buy". I could only conclude that you didnt buy it, since you didnt appear to be able to justify it. Now, this is airsoft and a hobby, you don't need to justify it, but you could at least try and convince people why they should buy it instead of "rad kit innit".

Furthermore you copy your video descriptions in your review posts... without making any attempt to be clear that you didn't publish the original composition of the text. If someone clicks on one of your reviews and does not run the vid, but reads the text, it's no different to being on a retailer website.

I suggest you remove the retailer copy paste from your future postings, even if you just post the youtube links and nothing else. I'd also suggest you don't deafen those of us with headphones (the music) and use some bloody scripting and editing, but I doubt you're interested in what I have to say at this point.

Edited by Sacarathe

I don't need to know what it is to know this thread, in the format of the Original Post, does not belong in the news forum.

I'm sure you're a nice bloke, you seem level headed in your vids, but you presence here is awful, and your videos leave far too many questions. In the last one I saw, you said loads of stuff, some of it interesting, but left out "why buy". I could only conclude that you didnt buy it, since you didnt appear to be able to justify it. Now, this is airsoft and a hobby, you don't need to justify it, but you could at least try and convince people why they should buy it instead of "rad kit innit".

Furthermore you copy your video descriptions in your review posts... without making any attempt to be clear that you didn't publish the original composition of the text. If someone clicks on one of your reviews and does not run the vid, but reads the text, it's no different to being on a retailer website.

I suggest you remove the retailer copy paste from your future postings, even if you just post the youtube links and nothing else. I'd also suggest you don't deafen those of us with headphones (the music) and use some bloody scripting and editing, but I doubt you're interested in what I have to say at this point.

This would have been great at the beginning not after a barrage of bullshit :) Thanks for the feedback

This would have been great at the beginning not after a barrage of bullshit :) Thanks for the feedback

Aye, that paragraph is bullshit, sorry.

Gotta respect a man who is willing to appolafise for a mistake.

But have to agree that with more general forum posting and comment you would recive a much greater posative response when you post links for reviews.

• Moderators

Jedi....they do 'grey kit' and snow raptor....looks grey, I could see you in it! :)

website very sloooow though :(

• Supporters

IMHO, they're far better at marketing than they are manufacturing (and to an extent designing) tactical gear.

Pricing wise, they're just slightly above the mid-range; Tru-Spec and Propper. Though in the US there's tons of discount codes floating around to use on the actual LBX site and in the UK we have Hueys who have 10% sales fairly regularly, so you'd be silly to pay full price anyway. Either way, that said, looking at the apparel line (only product from them I personally own) they use 65/35 Poly/Cotton which yeah, is fine for airsoft, but when I can get the 50/50 NYCO stuff from Tru-Spec for the same sort of price it doesn't make a lot of sense to go LBX. I slight prefer their aesthetics but, if I was telling someone what to buy in terms of value for money (obviously the main concern for most folks), it wouldn't be the LBX.

My primary gripe with them isn't material selection though, their stuff will hold up to airsoft usage for a while, but they commit what is to me the biggest cardinal sin in gear manufacture; which is lacking quality control/checking. I wouldn't personally buy any of their plate carriers anyway because the clips for the placards are a proprietary spec and won't work with the Haley Strategic stuff or Mayflower/Vel sys panels. At least they were made that way for a while, they should really update to the normal 1" QASM buckles but that seems unlikely as it would then make their own older gen panels incompatible with new PCs. That aside however I've got a few mates who've bought the Armatus rigs and found the stitching to be shoddy and generally looking like the person operating the sewing machine was pissed. Or, far more likely, poorly trained and being pressed to work too fast in the Peruvian factory. In one particular case one buddy had a nightmare with their CS; took literally months of hard work to get his PC sent back and get a replacement after showing LBX the evidence of what was wrong (decent company would've sorted this out in no time at all) and when he eventually got the replacement after another long wait, that was also sewn like s*** and he had to go through the entire cycle again. After all that and him exhibiting a frankly saint-like amount of patience with them, the second replacement was again badly made and it took him even longer and more unnecessarily hard work via e-mail to eventually get his money back. Could be an unlucky example of course, but you wouldn't get anything even remotely like that sort of trouble with LBT themselves I'd wager.

On the design side of things, yeah they got Costa in on it (maybe) and no doubt some of the LBT team and they really popularised the concept of the quick swap front panel, which is definitely a good thing. The co-operations with S&S (briefly) and HSGI on making some really good placards made a lot of sense. Their proprietary camos I'd agree with jc are nasty looking to my eye, but they were one of the first to bring a grey uniform and gear to the market which was again, good to see at the time. As mentioned however, the proprietary clips on the carriers ruin the basic cocept a fair bit and really limit you. I'm not sure why the Gen1 Armatus is so slick either, it's a setup that would make sense in the shooting/home defence realm but their gear isn't built to a quality that befits such applications; it's entirely airsoft grade stuff and I wouldn't dream of trusting my life to any of it. With that in mind they really should've added load bearing options (PALS or otherwise) on the cummerbund and back of the PC, which would've made it much more appealing in terms of airsoft use I think. Hopefully the Gen2 will be available after SHOT and that'll address a lot of those issues.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.