ASG mp9 and KWA KMP9 differences?

add123

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Firstly hello i'm new to the forums :)

OK I'll get straight into it, so for a while i've been considering getting an mp9 but seeing as the kwa kmp9r is out of stock at most UK retailers i've checked out, such as firesupport, i've now started gathering info on the ASG mp9 which is available at most UK retailers. However I am confused...

So from the information I have gathered the ASG mp9 is made by KWA and is just licensed by ASG instead of KWA.

Does this mean that

1) It has the same internals and externals as the KWA KMP9 and therefore uses the NS2 system so they are essentially the same gun just with different licensing?

2) If they are in fact the same gun then the magazines for the ASG mp9 and KWA KMP9 should be identical? If so why does the ASG mp9 magazine cost £47 at firesupport whereas the KWA KMP9 magazine costs £37 at firesupport.

3) Do any KWA made MP9s not have NS2?

Thanks in advance for any help! =]

• Root Admin

Short answer: Yes. Any MP9 built after 2009 (which will be the case if you're buying one new today, but it may be worth asking the retailer just to be ultra sure).

Wouldn't rate anything KWA based on the supposed 'NS2' system as it's just a silly marketing term for their new blowback revisions that they made in 2008/9. If you're asking if the gun has decent gas efficiency then yes, it does. Nothing to write home about but it's ok. Still pretty susceptible to cool down, but all are really (even the very newest stuff that people like Tokyo Marui come out with). Cooldown will always be an issue with a GBB - 'NS2' or not.

Basically, forget NS2 and rate the gun on how it actually performs (which is pretty good).

I have to ask, but what with being new to the forums is this your first gun?

Short answer: Yes. Any MP9 built after 2009 (which will be the case if you're buying one new today, but it may be worth asking the retailer just to be ultra sure).

Wouldn't rate anything KWA based on the supposed 'NS2' system as it's just a silly marketing term for their new blowback revisions that they made in 2008/9. If you're asking if the gun has decent gas efficiency then yes, it does. Nothing to write home about but it's ok. Still pretty susceptible to cool down, but all are really (even the very newest stuff that people like Tokyo Marui come out with). Cooldown will always be an issue with a GBB - 'NS2' or not.

Basically, forget NS2 and rate the gun on how it actually performs (which is pretty good).

I have to ask, but what with being new to the forums is this your first gun?

Hey thanks for the insightful information!

And no this isn't my first airsoft gun, but it would be my first GBB smg if I were to buy it. The only other GBBs I have are the TM biohazard sentinel 9 and the KWA G18C which is currently broken. I have two AEGs, the g&g top tech t418 and an mp5 by JG.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.