Please help with new gas pistol slide issue

KingR

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi, I am new to this forum so apologies if this was in the wrong section or what not,

Anyway, I recently received a new fairly good GBB pistol (it cost like £130 I think, I didn't buy it you see) and when I first put gas in it, it fired 3ish shots okay, but then the metal slide started going back and forth up to three times per trigger pull even though it is only semi automatic only, much like some full auto pistols I have seen. Also please note it doesn't seem to fire them when it does this. It doesn't always do this, sometimes it's fine, but it's really eating up the gas I think because I only get like 8-15 rounds (mag is 23rnd) from a full mag of gas.

I am using kickass gas at the moment (unfortunately I only have this stuff around). I am not new to airsoft, but I am use to using AEGs really and not so much gas pistols. Can anyone suggest why it might be doing this? I am also using this in a reasonably warm room (13-18C ish). Thanks in advance.

From what I can gather from various pictures online I believe it is an SRC SR92 semi auto GBB (the box is at my friends house unfortunately).

Is the hammer fixable? Do you know what goes wrong with them exactly?

Damn. I know most of their guns are pretty cheap but it's a shame because I think this one's quite good compared to some patrol base guns I have. So is the hammer mechanism just faulty you reckon?

Damn. I know most of their guns are pretty cheap but it's a shame because I think this one's quite good compared to some patrol base guns I have. So is the hammer mechanism just faulty you reckon?

I would say so yes (not the most experienced) probably to do with high tolerances.

*edit*

Just to make sure but sometimes my pistol does this when running out of gas soo

Are you filling mags upside down? (if fill valve is at the bottom)

Are you sure your gas can isn't nearly empty?

Luckily I didn't buy it myself, my buddy gave it to me new in return for a low end AEG :P I'm no expert on gas blow backs but perhaps it's because the environment I'm using it in is too cold, hence the gas can't evaporate and it acts like it is running out of gas, idk. Hopefully I'll try again later and use it where it's slightly warmer.

Update: If that's true maybe that's why it seems to work okayish on the first few shots.. Although I could be wrong.

Can anyone recommend me a good GBB brand/model for £100-150? Which types are the best?

A we glock is a good first sidearm for around that budget (can buy them second hand with 1 or 2 mags for about £70) bit like an m4, most people have one, but in the same way wont do you wrong. We is ok for pistols but avoid there 1911's like the plague with tm it would be hard to go wrong by. I'd recommend finding a pistol you like then asking about it on here.

Always bad to buy something and be told it's useless :(

Ok thanks that's very helpful. Bit off topic but is the WE F226 (http://uk.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/Gas_Pistols_SMGs_WE_WE_F226_Rail_Black.htm) any good you reckon? Also just out of interest, when you take the slide off and put the mag back in, is all the gas meant to rush out at once (maybe it's supposed to idk). This seems to be the case with my gun :/

Ok thanks that's very helpful. Bit off topic but is the WE F226 (http://uk.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/Gas_Pistols_SMGs_WE_WE_F226_Rail_Black.htm) any good you reckon? Also just out of interest, when you take the slide off and put the mag back in, is all the gas meant to rush out at once (maybe it's supposed to idk). This seems to be the case with my gun :/

The we f226 should be fine and yes that happens with the gun field stripped i.e you've taken the slide off.

I can vouch for the newer WE psitols, I own a 226, 228 and XDM 3.8 love them all, the 226 isn't always 100% reliable in the cold being all metal if you just use it for the occasional shot during games it may be a bit sluggish or vent a bit but it's not like it doesn't work, it's just a GBB thing, one thing I will say is it's a fairly large handgun and being all metal it isn't the lightest, I personally love this feature but if you're new to pistols might be something to consider, my advice is if you've got a proper airsoft shop nearby go in and ask to handle and play with all the handguns they have, then you can get an idea of which suits your hands/style best

I have had grand experience with we pistols. And they are very simple inside so quite easy to work on and modify.

I spent years playing with a TM P226. As a pistol, it was flawless. Comfortable to use; easy to strip and clean etc. The RIS on the underside is seriously helpful for torches etc.

I should never have traded it 😕

Never used WE, so I can talk manufacturer. But I'd go back to a F/P226 in heartbeat.

Played with Glocks for a time, but it never really sat right with me.

Your best bet is to actually have a hold and a feel of them. I find a lot the time with pistols comfort is a huge part of it. Personally, I can't get in with Glocks or 1911 variants - but a lot of people swear by them!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.