M4 Advice

cropzy

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I am finally going to cough up and purchase a decent m4. Instead of owning multiple sub-par RIFs I want a decent M4 platform.

I am torn between:

The top end Combat machines.

Krytac.

BO Dynamics with lonex internals.

Now I am heavily leaning towards krytac...I guess I don't need to explain why.

But the BO dynamics are really tempting considering the fact that they have lonex internals and I have skirmished with one before and it was a blast to use, the recoil is unf.

The combat machines are good overall.

I plan to acquire this new RIF on saturday.

Budget is around £320.

Any advice guys?

Krytacs are probably regarded as being the better all-rounder right now. G&G make some decent low end and high-end stuff, but they are certainly better known for their entry level and mid-tier stuff. I don't have the experience with one to comment on the BO Dynamics M4.

Well I am super tempted to get the krytac sdp, because I like it and such. I am just curious can it be modified for a different stock or out barrel if i ever wanted to in the future.

Combat machines have always been good and I have used them before too.

I am so torn at the moment, but I need to make up my mind.

Does anybody have any experience with any of these 3?

• Supporters

Well I am super tempted to get the krytac sdp, because I like it and such. I am just curious can it be modified for a different stock or out barrel if i ever wanted to in the future.

Combat machines have always been good and I have used them before too.

I am so torn at the moment, but I need to make up my mind.

Does anybody have any experience with any of these 3?

If you buy the krytac crb or pdw there is a conversion kit to turn it into a sdp. You could get the sdp and go the other way but that works out more expensive. I had a krytac briefly and it was nice but now its dead. I have played around with a bo dynamics gun and it was a good bit of kit. Have a heard a couple of stories of reliability issues with the Bo but the person I know with one has had no issues.

Either one will do you proud.

Edit; With your budget I wouldnt even consider the G&G the other two are better.

I've got a G&P M4 Special Operations. Can't fault it to be honest. Brill for CQB and outdoor games. It comes with a couple of bits and bobs, though I've taken the scope off of mine.

Let me know if you need any more advice around it.

So essentially the BO dynamics or a krytac.

With the krytac sdp is it possible to put an aftermarket stock or out barrel on? I assume so, I just havent really done much with changing a gun before.

• Head Moderator

Yes you can turn it into a standard m4 but it will cost a lot more to go from krytac sdp to a crb than the other way round.

http://store.krytac.com/krytac-sdp-aeg-kit.html

I am not a fan of key mod rails, esthetically speaking, but I do like the quirkiness of the SDP (although I would have to attach a flashlight to the top rail).

http://www.landwarriorairsoft.com/airsoft-weapons-c38/electric-rifles-c45/krytac-krytac-trident-sdp-p4372

This Krytac Trident PDW could be a contender too, and apparently 320fps out the box:

http://www.landwarriorairsoft.com/airsoft-weapons-c38/electric-rifles-c45/krytac-krytac-trident-pdw-p4371

I have the PDW (as well as the SPR) and it is a cracking lil gun. I have removed the extendable stock to make it shorter, kinda wish I'd got the SDP instead as it is my backup gun for my sniper.

• Supporters

Can't order from them as they only sell in the USA

Yes but proffrink says you can just use a remailer service.

You could contact patrolbase as they are a krytac distributor and maybe they can get one for you.

The other option is ask Seniorspaz to send one over when he goes back to the states.

Hes a friendly young lad who I am sure if you gave him the cash would remail it back to the UK for you.

Edit; I only used that link as it shows the kit well.

• Moderators

The other option is ask Seniorspaz to send one over when he goes back to the states.

Hes a friendly young lad who I am sure if you gave him the cash would remail it back to the UK for you.

I can see that method being rather useful for other items as well :), few surplus stores wont ship to the UK / charge a bit to much

Quite a few US retailers sell them too. Or you could try a PO box forwarding service - shouldn't cost more than £20 or so.

It is registering that is the problem, my billing address is UK for my card and won't let me set up that address. I actually have a mate who has a permanent hold space on a plane so I can avoid postage costs from the USA but only if they let me register my billing address.

• Root Admin

There are loads out there that are specifically for people ordering stuff from abroad and getting it forwarded - they should expect you to have a foreign card or PayPal. You don't need an official PO box like those provided by USPS.

Or do you mean billing address for the sites you buy from? I've not really encountered any that wouldn't let me put in a different billing address to my shipping address (i.e. the post box/forwarding service's address).

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.