Cheap M4 parts?

Twice19

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've been looking into doing a custom job on my M4. Currently is a Frankenstien of whatever parts I had in the bits box to make a working AEG again.

Tokyo Marui front end

JG Reciever & internals

Unknown stock 😕

Looking around for something a little different j came across these;

http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft-outer-barrel-ris-rail-systems-hand-guards/acm-magpul-style-7-inch-ergonomic-front-hand-guard-black.htm#.VoT4BdkgGc0

http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft-outer-barrel-ris-rail-systems-hand-guards/big-dragon-outer-barrel-set-m41516-rifle-cqb-black.htm#.VoT5bdkgGc0

These are perfect for what I'm looking for, but they seem REALLY cheap (by most airsoft kit standards).

I know Patrol Base have some good reviews, but has anyone had personal experience with these manufacturers/parts? I've never heard of Blue Dragon until now!

Advice is appreciated.

Cheers 😃

2x19

• Supporters

Big Dragon - cheapy china parts

most is semi-crap to ok-ish, m160 motors are the bollox though

the handguard is a clone of pts magpul

only thing is getting the exact length right

or it won't fit/clip together without some modding of guard or front ring

in fact be prepared for little modding up towards the top front where sight might be

you will need to fit a front sight on the outer barrel

there are ones that bolt on or small front sight rail rather than the pins running through

other types of barrel on fleabay have about 4 sections so you can make a number of outer length options

just be prepared for a little modding if changing classic m4 carbine handguard to magpul type

might get lucky but the APROX 7" really can vary a LOT

your best bet is to post a pic of ya gun + some info n stuff

others can give you an honest opinion of what's what

some guns/receivers can be a ball ache to change front ends

think Mr B had a cyma that didn't like some threads and a couple of others have had to "persuade" some stuff to fit

so there comes a time when you weigh up where ya start/stop especially if a cosmetic look is gonna be a bollock-ache

and offer little improvement in actual real term use if you know what I mean...

sod what it looks like - you could get another gun along the lines of what you wish

and keep that funny ol' thing as a backup/spare

Thanks Mr Duck,

The TM front end is a classic M4, so have the typical pinned front sight. I'm fairly sure that can be taken apart with a bit of brute force and some WD40 on it. Recon this should give some wiggle room if the front "Magpul" isn't exactly the right size.

£13 just seemed a little too good to be true.

I'll check out Fleabay for other options on the outer barrel.

Inner workings wise, I'll always pay the little bit extra. No point in compromising on working parts.

I do like the plastic Magpul front-end, still got mine on my G&P MOE however these days I switch out everything to free-float rails as it allows you to ditch the barrel nut and triangle front site.

The "Magpul" is just the clone version which is why it's cheap, nothing wrong with it though.

If your budget allows take a look. I have some Keymod 7" rails that I used for testing lying around somewhere. As duck said maybe post a decent pic of your AEG up.

Thanks guys. Still waiting for battery and some internally bits to arrive to make sure everything inside is working. Then I'll be getting externals to make it a little fancier.

AK, thanks for the offer, but at the moment I'm sticking as cheap as possible - which is why I was looking at the Clone parts. Then save up long term for "decent" bits.

Once I've got it out and running I'll probably get some pics - and a lot more questions.

Playing side I've got the hang of. Technical side is all new ground for me.

Also, what am the best LiPo to get to get to fit the handguard?

(Joke...I've been warned about lighting a DuckBomb 😃 )

• Supporters

wait until it is all up n running and handguard sorted - see what room ya got

tbh - cheap ris or something might be a consideration as ak2m4 charges very modest shipping

but that might entail rewiring to rear or a peq box etc.....

see how you go, get her functioning ok, and by then you may have a good idea on what your next step might be

The gearbox is rear-wired, so handguard is purely cosmetic & comfort. Thinking of packing out the inside of the handguard with some dense foam to help combat the dreaded barrel wobble. Another anchor point can only be a bonus.

Replacing the bulky Solid Stock for something a little lighter too. Maybe a magpul clone on that too.

First step is to get internals working, then maybe an upgrade or two. But I always like to plan ahead the upgrades, build up a little wish list, otherwise I'll keep changing my mind as to what I need.

It's a long term project. A little here and there each month. But, once it's finally done I'll get some pics done.

Thanks for the advice; you'll no doubt be seeing more of this in the "what have you just broken?" Thread! :-)

What was the problem with the TM Front End?

Plan is to replace the outer barrel with the Blue Dragon, so I can get a slightly shorter barrel. Probably use the TM sight as a fixer-upper for now. The Reciever is JG (I think).

Most if the TM front end will be taken off, just salvage the D-Ring etc from it, so I'm *hoping* it won't be an issue...?

• Supporters

the D-ring and the end-cap are the problem, TM didn't do things to correct spec back when they made those and so neither the D-ring or the end cap (near the foresight) will fit anything but a TM handguard. If you're looking to change out the front end, you're going to need to do the whole lot.

Good to know. Thanks Cheese 😃

I know some companies were known for only making parts that work with *their* kit (ICS?), but I didn't realise that TM was one of them.

Looks like a whole new front end is the way to go.

• Supporters

From the sounds of it you got a M4 carbiney thingy majigy poohs 363mm barrel- ish

running to rear with maybe a full size stock - black or painted 2-tone ???

if that is the case on the rear stock part you will need stock tube and then magpul copy or crane adjustable stock I think

if the full size stock is a tad too long then a stubby M4 stock perhaps - but still be a 363mm front end

not much wrong with that though normally you may have a stubby-ier m4 using up to a 275/300 barrel max

still don't matter - its your gun do what you like.....

But like I said the front end can/could be a ball-ache like jcheeseright said

plus the adapting of the rear end too.....

if its actually working even in its thrown together mish mash form - so what ?

if anything - see if you can get some of the other bits n bobs running

or flog the bits and save time/money getting another starter gun that nearly ticks all your boxes

know your limits, learn what you can easily change and more importantly what you can not

(or in other words - don't make a bigger headache for yourself)

post a pic up - seriously its gotta be better than my Bulldog B500A1

it sounds like an old R20 or R21 - made by Well which me thinks is a low end JG brand of M4

From the sounds of it you got a M4 carbiney thingy majigy poohs 363mm barrel- ish

running to rear with maybe a full size stock - black or painted 2-tone ???

if that is the case on the rear stock part you will need stock tube and then magpul copy or crane adjustable stock I think

if the full size stock is a tad too long then a stubby M4 stock perhaps - but still be a 363mm front end

not much wrong with that though normally you may have a stubby-ier m4 using up to a 275/300 barrel max

still don't matter - its your gun do what you like.....

But like I said the front end can/could be a ball-ache like jcheeseright said

plus the adapting of the rear end too.....

if its actually working even in its thrown together mish mash form - so what ?

if anything - see if you can get some of the other bits n bobs running

or flog the bits and save time/money getting another starter gun that nearly ticks all your boxes

know your limits, learn what you can easily change and more importantly what you can not

(or in other words - don't make a bigger headache for yourself)

post a pic up - seriously its gotta be better than my Bulldog B500A1

it sounds like an old R20 or R21 - made by Well which me thinks is a low end JG brand of M4

M4 carbiney thing is a good name for it.

It's all black, not 2-tone. It's parts from old bits of kit to get my main AEG working from when I played many years back (pre-UKARA days).

I've got various parts of the "whole" Marui M4 knocking around somewhere. Recon I can botch job the old stock tube, and just replace the actual stock itself.

Pretty sure it's 363mm front end. Sounds about right.

The current stock is a full size solid Stock (although I have a mini-solid somewhere too). Just not a fan of solid stocks.

Switching round front ends I've done ok. It's pretty much a hot-swap front end at the moment where I can switch between my 3 spare front ends (SR-25/classic M4/stubby) in a couple of mins. Something I always wanted to do, but ended up making it be accident after all 😃

Internals work to the extent that I can get everything turning over. Managed to get old NiHm charged enough to test it and the gearbox functions. When new batt arrives I can run some mags through it and see how it's actually working. Hopefully there's nothing too amiss inside.

• Supporters

I like the mini or stubby fixed stocks as not a long armed gorilla myself

fixed stocks mean almost any battery can go in there

even a mars bar on full stock

when you change to crane stock then you need thin stick or nunchuck batteries

and if going for magpul type or the G&G GOS-V1 or V2 the battery goes in stock tube

(which really limits battery options)

but nicey nicey adjustable stocks so you can't always have it all

I was toying with the idea of a Crane Stock + Nunchucks. Need to have a play around and see how that works with FF-Pro though. Always looks like cranes are a little bulky.

I'll admit that the full stock is really useful, it's purely aesthetic for the wanting to change.

As requested!

The pics are pretty poor (bad camera + bad lighting), but it give an idea of what I'm working with.

The RIS front end doesn't marry up properly, so when it's on it sits 45-degrees out, so makes a nice M4A1 OFSET (get it...off-set).

The stubby + sound hog makes a fun uber loud CQB gun.

post-12267-0-59871300-1451579347_thumb.jpg

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.