G&G Combat Machine AEG CM16 SR-L with ETU issue

adamraywilson
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Just bough got my CM16 today and straight out of the box it worked fine with the 9.6v nimh battery but after charging it with my smart charger and reconnecting the battery it fired around twice then stopped a took a look at the etu and it flashed red at each trigger pull. Im new to the sport and was wondering if anyone could help me out

Thanks

Adam

http://www.zerooneai...roducts_id=4397

• Supporters

First up - welcome to forum......

Second - alas I haven't got one of the new ETU G&G's but will do my best to help.....

took a look at the etu and it flashed red at each trigger pull

I'm gonna assume you have not taken it apart if its brand new but some light may emit from inside.....

as I say not the ETU ones so can't say.....

Now it might be the mosfet has died inside - G&G mosfets were not the dogs danglies in the past

if so contact the retailer and send it back under warranty is best bet

However this gun has the 3rd burst feature so you may wish to try & check that all out first....

If memory serves me correctly.....

hold down trigger for 10 seconds in semi then it should toggle to normal /3rd burst feature

it might have got stuck/confused when you reconnected a fresh battery and either held down trigger

or pulled trigger too quickly after battery....

Some other programmable mosfets - you don't touch trigger for first 5 secs say when connecting battery

as this the point you can reprogram it - note I don't think you can reprogram the G&G 3rd burst fet - but I don't know

the gun could of locked up - hmmm unlikely but slim chance

fuse could of blown - nah coz led is lighting up - very very slim chance I'm wrong so could check but think it ain't blown

(think fet supply to signal comes off posi motor lead inside box AFTER fuse, so wouldn't have power if fuse blown)

motor wire connections come loose - hmmm unlikely new gun/wire connections

but could check inside pistol grip and even retract motor a bit to see if it spins freely on its own

To be absolutely honest though - if you ain't 101% confident in a few minor checks

plus gun is brand spanking new - contact the seller/retailer on this £180 gun under warranty

start taking it apart - even just to check fuse motor connections and the retailer may not be so helpful

especially if you chew up some screws - go anywhere near gearbox and warranty will be void

I would read up in manual/internet for the enable/disable of the 3rd burst feature....

run through the instructions a few times to see if she comes back to life

coz to me it sounds like the 3rd fet has got a touch of dementia at the moment

it might have had a fatal stroke and is brown bread but I would run some dementia tests on the mosfet first......

uhmmm ergh uhmm - damn it, forgot what I was gonna say...

think I might have dementia too but its my age

(soz if last bit offends anybody - just being silly)

have a go at programming/fet thingy majig

if no joy - contact seller/retailer and resist urge to rip her apart if you not sure

its a £180+ gun so get it sorted under warranty

please also keep us updated about the possible qwirks/bugs and how you get on with retailer

best of luck - hope its a happy new year for ya & ya gun

Second - alas I haven't got one of the new ETU G&G's but will do my best to help.....

I'm gonna assume you have not taken it apart if its brand new but some light may emit from inside.....

Now it might be the mosfet has died inside - G&G mosfets were not the dogs danglies in the past

However this gun has the 3rd burst feature so you may wish to try & check that all out first....

hold down trigger for 10 seconds in semi then it should toggle to normal /3rd burst feature

it might have got stuck/confused when you reconnected a fresh battery and either held down trigger

Some other programmable mosfets - you don't touch trigger for first 5 secs say when connecting battery

as this the point you can reprogram it - note I don't think you can reprogram the G&G 3rd burst fet - but I don't know

fuse could of blown - nah coz led is lighting up - very very slim chance I'm wrong so could check but think it ain't blown

(think fet supply to signal comes off posi motor lead inside box AFTER fuse, so wouldn't have power if fuse blown)

but could check inside pistol grip and even retract motor a bit to see if it spins freely on its own

To be absolutely honest though - if you ain't 101% confident in a few minor checks

plus gun is brand spanking new - contact the seller/retailer on this £180 gun under warranty

start taking it apart - even just to check fuse motor connections and the retailer may not be so helpful

especially if you chew up some screws - go anywhere near gearbox and warranty will be void

I would read up in manual/internet for the enable/disable of the 3rd burst feature....

it might have had a fatal stroke and is brown bread but I would run some dementia tests on the mosfet first......

if no joy - contact seller/retailer and resist urge to rip her apart if you not sure

please also keep us updated about the possible qwirks/bugs and how you get on with retailer

Thanks for the response I have tried everything you suggest apart from check the motor connections and will do before i send it off but will ring and see what they say.

And yes i'm an idiot i meant the MOSFET and not the ETU silly me, i was tired when i made the post in my defense :P but you knew what i meant.

I will ring soon an will post what they say and hopefully should be a smooth experience.

And happy new year to you too have a good one!

• Supporters

Alas G&G mosfets in some of their mofo Top-Tech rang of guns were....

$HIT !!!!!

so it might seem they haven't quite learned from their mistakes - maybe....

But wrong to jump on the G&G useless fet's bandwagon just yet

it might be motor connections/dodgy wire but tbh a new loom should fit snuggly

(s/hand gun maybe loose connections - but have a look by all means)

bloody shame - looks a nice range of new M4's the SR & FFR receivers etc....

but the main loom is done for mosfet so a good decent reliable 3034 basic fet could be fitted

or a super duper Kong 2 mofo in there

BUT its a new friggin' gun so you'd expect it to last ffs !!!!!

I'm hoping it is a genuine flukey one off $hit luck coz they G&G got lots of stick on the TT guns

even when they replaced the mosfet it still blew and think a few peeps just swapped them out for proper 3034 mosfets

Still a nice looking gun - admit I had/have my doubts about the ETU system

and had hoped their fet problems was a thing of the past - trying to cut costs or something I guess

Really hope this is a one off and you get it fixed/sorted real soon

Tragic coz I've so damn close to getting a SR or rather the FFR a couple of times but got too much

Yes please keep us updated how you get on & any possible feedback from other users/retailer etc....

Thanks for the posts and i was really hesitant of opening and looking at the motor but i am glad i did as this was actually the problem and i am going to play with it for the first time tomorrow so will update you guys on its performance. A proud noob here even if it was something so simple. :D

• Supporters

phew cheers for the update

bit weird it cam loose but hey ho it can/does happen

actually glad it wasn't a fried mosfet coz I may still get a FFR one day

happy shooting sir

ps - if they came loose hopefully it was a one-off

maybe when the battery connector got tugged a bit installing battery

but if it happens again, lightly squeeze the connectors to ensure a snug fit

(said lightly - don't flatten them too much)

best wishes

phew cheers for the update

bit weird it cam loose but hey ho it can/does happen

actually glad it wasn't a fried mosfet coz I may still get a FFR one day

happy shooting sir

ps - if they came loose hopefully it was a one-off

maybe when the battery connector got tugged a bit installing battery

but if it happens again, lightly squeeze the connectors to ensure a snug fit

(said lightly - don't flatten them too much)

best wishes

Thanks for the tip, i just played my first game with it and it was incredible. Had no issues with the connections coming lose and the trigger is incredibly responsive and you can get more than enough bb's fired almost as fast as you can pull the trigger.

A very happy guy indeed :D

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I'm having similar issues with my G&G's mosfet/ETU but it's not instantly that the gun stopped working but about 10 minutes after connecting a fresh fully charged one. I have to constantly swap to a fully charged battery every 10 minutes or so into a game.

I can fire about half a mag before the mosfet kills it.

Does anybody have any ideas on what this could be?

Cheers

Nathan

• Supporters

move to a 11.1v lipo

it is the voltage - some 9.6v nimah's are hit & miss

actually I'd say some ETU's are more picky than others

some have got etu guns to work ok with 7.4v - but think these are quite rare

most have either had to go to 9.6v - good well charged brands

or

11.1v lipo's 20c say

as juice drops - even on 9.6v the etu just says "nope - I don't want to play no more"

great idea -just the etu voltage cut-out is a bit hit n miss

Archived