Alternative loadout best options?

Randymanpipe

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey chaps,

I plan on dipping my toe in the milsim world in the new year and was wondering what is the best alternative camo to buy to the regular multicam? Seeing as warrior are going to do another 30% off for new year I will bite the bullet and stock up on rig etc. so I guess my question is what is the most common opfor colours required?

Any help/advice will be gracefully received :)

• Head Moderator

Classic DPM is for winners. Block colours (practical for everyday wear) otherwise it is that Ruski type.

• Supporters

Depends what kind of milsim you're after, if you're going for something like Stirling or CAG then I'd say stick with multicam. The whole point of milsim is to simulate a military experience and in the military everyone wears the same pattern!

If however you're headed to something like airborne and it's more of a tan vs green type affair then AOR1/2 are pretty nice, failing that you could go old school with US woodland, it's making a bit of a resurgence and looks good with everything.

• Supporters

It'd be better to find out the rules put in place for the camo/colours on each side, if you haven't booked already that is.

Usually for example, multicam is on the desert/tan side with grey/black/blue/other civves on the green/woodland team, but the milsim I did a little while back had it the opposite way around with MC on the green side and the civvies with the tans.

I very almost just bought a Atacs FG loadout, complete for about £150

TMC gen3 BDU = £44

Was DCS+Elastic mag with -30% =£97

Ultra leet alternative operator = Priceless!

What I like about FG is it is different enough to stand out, but is not different enough to stand out!

Sounding like woodland camo clothing and a olive drab chest rig should do the trick. Just thinking in case all the spaces on the good guys side get taken, I at least will have the required colours to be a baddy? :P

• Moderators

I very almost just bought a Atacs FG loadout, complete for about £150

TMC gen3 BDU = £44

Was DCS+Elastic mag with -30% =£97

Ultra leet alternative operator = Priceless!

What I like about FG is it is different enough to stand out, but is not different enough to stand out!

thanks for that, might be worth those ATACS clothing as Helikon out of my size at moment, looking at FG at mo as well, may even just get the FG chest rig from WAS although my tan one should be ok...ish...???

I went olive drab in the end on the rig front, will look to get some woodland camo to go with it. I like the bulldog ecu2 stirdes, very comfy and no need for additional knee pads which is also way more comfortable.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.