Camera Drones in airsoft

Reb3l

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Head Moderator

No. Airsoft should be mano a mano. And as above, try search on 'drone'.

• Head Moderator

I just typed 'drone' into search bar from the main forum page and there were 24 threads containing the word.

Drones are good IDEAS. But when I play airsoft I like the proper military feel to it all, I'm sure other people like that sort of feel to it too. Drones seems futuristic IMO, people will have objections, that's what's good about ideas and thoughts.

As you may know, technology advances this is evident over the last 250 years where we have really advanced from wooden clubs and wooden tables, now at large rockets which can fly over to the moon!

What I'm saying is that drones in airsoft, will soon advance to something else, I don't know what. Air strikes in airsoft? It's mad I know, but technology advances (we already have air strike capabilities, but I'm thinking more for airsoft).

I know this thread wasn't stating wether it was good or not, but here's my opinion aha.

• Supporters

I have one, a 3DR SOLO. Not cheap. I will be using a it for airsoft, but only for filming purposes; an airial cameraman. When using it I will be off to the side as part of no team, with a high viz on to indicate so. I know people personally to do this, and it's worked well for them. Most marshals will make sure to tell people about the quad (in my case, I absolutely hate using the word "drone", as it makes most people think of weapons platforms or NSA or something...), so it won't get shot down. And flying at 30-50m up basically ensures no stray bbs could hit it.

• Supporters

Drones are good IDEAS. But when I play airsoft I like the proper military feel to it all, I'm sure other people like that sort of feel to it too. Drones seems futuristic IMO, people will have objections, that's what's good about ideas and thoughts.

As you may know, technology advances this is evident over the last 250 years where we have really advanced from wooden clubs and wooden tables, now at large rockets which can fly over to the moon!

What I'm saying is that drones in airsoft, will soon advance to something else, I don't know what. Air strikes in airsoft? It's mad I know, but technology advances (we already have air strike capabilities, but I'm thinking more for airsoft).

I know this thread wasn't stating wether it was good or not, but here's my opinion aha.

Drones in warfare are absolutely not 'the future'. I've just done a 9 month deployment to the middle east flying a drone that was first used over 20 years ago.

As to whether or not they're useful in airsoft, that's a whole other argument.

(they're not)

Drones in warfare are absolutely not 'the future'. I've just done a 9 month deployment to the middle east flying a drone that was first used over 20 years ago.

As to whether or not they're useful in airsoft, that's a whole other argument.

(they're not)

For me it's not the domestic style drone but micro uav that holds a small payload/explosive device. A one use item. Would give spec ops there own short range (couple of miles) advanced air support.

Agreed it is a betta option however there are times were ,I ASSUME, it would not be possible to bring in a reaper/am because the target window is short ie minutes, it is somewhere that operation control hasn't officially been granted (not a subject I want to get into), there has also been a move towards mixed skills in a team each team will have a dedicated sniper rather than it being detached role this would be a further step towards that. There are areas of the world were we active were we don't have Reapers. We do have choppers which are relatily easily shot down by the well armed scum we are engaging at the minute. I am all for give us every possible option to achieve our objective without risk to life (of us and our allies)

When I mean drone I do not mean a quad drone with a gun attached to it gunning down opposition I meant purely for recon purposes and beside, it would be easy to avoid detection with camouflage and there would be no need to shoot it as that would give away your location more than hiding would (although I do not for a second think that people wouldn't shoot at it)

I know u mean a uav as apose to a reaper style we just got off topic. If u play milsim an get the agreement of all plays tinier it then I don't think it would get shot at. On a normal day then yes it defo would.

Beside it's not fool proof I suspect the quality wouldn't be to great unless it a really expensive one so it would be easy to hide from it

• Supporters

My SOLO streams to the controller in 4k :)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.