Value for money

rsksmiles
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I play airsoft in france where we have not (yet) been afflicted with violent crimes law or the like. I have two aegs an m15 from classic army and a slv g36 from ASG.

Both guns work well and have not been modified. The single biggest factor that has affected game play has been the battery - in the sub zero temperatures we had today for example the batteries lost power after a couple of hours. Also I am giving up with 1100mah and sticking with 1600mah as a minimum.

The question I have, concerns the value for moneywith AEGs. My guns have generally cost me between 150 and 200 euros - between 120 and 160 gbp. What do I get ifI spend another 100 gbp? Is it the build quality of the moving parts? Or is it just a better finish?

I also have an m4 colt bax from cybergun which has given up the ghost due to the gearbox. If I spent 250 gbp instead of 150 would I get a better gearbox with the more expensive aeg??

Thanks for your thoughts

to be honest for an extra £100 not a lot. The gearbox would probably be the same, your cyberguns are already full metal. You may get slightly better trade marks on a more expensive gun but that's about it. If you wish to upgrade the ones you have then get a tightbore barrel or a TK twist barrel and change the hop rubber, that's about it.

To be honest it depends on what gun/company you buy from.

I have to agree with this.

Star/ARES (atleast on their SA80s) have wonderful externals, very close to the real steel. I feel that their huge price is based more on their externals

Umarex/ARES H&K brand replicas seem to cost more because of their special H&K trades rather than anything else (which, tbh, look hideous, with " H&K, G36C, CAL 6MM BB, 1.02 JOULE printed everywhere) (reading some reviews suggests that their internals aren't great)

Some of the cheap things work really well - I've seen 'stock' JG M4s perform better than some of the more expensive TM M4s.

Suprisingly you can't go wrong with a JG M4. I had one and then upgraded it loads. Its a great base gun to start with and then heavily upgrade. You can make it perform just as well or if not better than some £400 guns by choosing the right upgrades and you avoid the costs for trademarks which often add hugely to the costs of more expensive fully lisanced guns. Even if you leave it how it is whilst it may not be "super gun" but it will definately prove to be reliable.

Yeah, Dave & the Lep's JGs have been working a long time.

Dave has upgraded the hell out of his (several times :lol:) whilst The Lep has left his stock, and in the 1.5/2 years we've been skirmishing, both the stock and modded one have performed admirably.

On the other hand, there are some cheap guns *cough*ArmyArmaments*cough* that are just useless, and spending more does indeed get you a very good quality AEG.

Thanks gents for the replies.

I will definitely look at different barrels. This afternoon I tried out the g36 and it was shooting alternately leftand right of the target!

Part of the problem I have is that my 3 sons play as well (why I have so many guns listed) and I figure that having 5 or 6 cheap (but hopefully reliable ish) guns means that even if one gun has a problem we always have a spare. Our group only plays once a month and it is a pain if the gun has a problem 10 minutes in!

Archived