Two tone rifles in Green?

Infanteer

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

I had a good look on the site and saw several posts about two tone gats that were helpful BUT not exactly answering the question I have.
I have booked my flight to the UK and will be getting there early Feb.

I want to get into airsoft pretty quickly but don't want to wait 2 months to get a defence to get a gat of my own.

So I have decided to invest in a two tone rifle and pistol as soon as I touch down.

It will also give me a chance to see how they tick, think of some things to do to them and possibly add accessories although

I don't envisage that these will be the weapons I end up using all the time in the future. Rather, I think I will have these as back up

weapons or when my mates come visit they can have a crack as Airsoft is not big back home.

Anyway, that is the background. My dilemma is most of the two tones are in blue and red which to me are not my favorite options.
And in my opinion clear makes the gun look like a pez dispenser.

I understand the reasoning behind the legislation and the subsequent choices in color however I have also seen some green gats which

in my opinion look a lot better. They also make camming up in the future easier in some ways.

I have noticed that airsoft zone has some green options:

http://airsoftzone.co.uk/starter-packs

I am thinking about one of these weapons, probably the one with the biggest magazine capacity because then I can just cut sick.
Probably not the best for CQB but I will have a dedicated CQB platform in the future as I see myself playing more CQB than outside.

This will then slot into a nice outdoor platform when the need arises.

Is anyone aware of any other green options? I noticed the sites seem to have a this gun is red or this gun is blue attitude as opposed to

pick your color- green, red, blue, purple kind of choice. I have seen some pistols in green so I don't think I need any help there but if others

know of green rifles that can be purchased without a defense please let me know.

What I will probably do in the future with this rifle is lay it down, blue tack some fern leaves over the top of it and then hit it with a can of black

spray paint, I have seen this effect done before on rl rifles and it comes up nicely.

• Supporters

tbh - the green looks like puke green or zombie green

the worst colour is vivid orange - that really sticks out

if ya like camo then get a base tan/cyote/dark earth/olive gun

add ya own touches here n there but in general tan/brown blends better than black

but tbh consider the gun itself rather than the colour/2-tone scheme

(its ya first gun - get one that will do ya proud rather than colour - girls/sheila's do that ultra colour crap)

everybody has their favourites

opinions are like ar$eholes - everybody has one

no I ain't saying get this or that but a few considerations....

the 2-tone snake-skin looks different - unsure if it fully ticks the 51% coverage but they sell it
it has been mentioned the effect can ahem "wear" off easily.....
the tan looks horrible but if it wore off after a few months it could be ok to add ya own scheme maybe
pistol - cheap starter one:
but you don't HAVE to have a pistol ffs....
you may be a little different if you have some experience
but many newcomers - that still includes me...
have enough trouble getting to grips with an AEG and pistol/rubber knife/bfg's and $hitloads more stuff just confuses them more
most newbie hire peeps don't walk out on field kitted out to f*ck
they just got an old aeg that been used more than an old whore
tatty but safe full face mask, overalls that might have seen a wash last year maybe
a bag/bottle of bb's so they sound like their shaking maracas playing samba de amigo
and that is it.....
chill a little - have a look around, don't rush to buy anything yet
definately not a sniper and maybe wait for ukara for pistol - then get a nice RIF one when ya ready

Can I say bang stick instead? hahaha

We don't have chavs in Australia, we have bogans which I think are similar.

Here are some bogans at their favorite night club (language warning):

The bright orange looks as gay as aids, I think I'd rather wrap a black garbage bag around it.

The cam jobs on those are not great but I quite like them Sitting Duck, thanks for posting that.
I could get one and then go over the stripes in black spray paint for tan/green spray paint for black gun in the future which would break it up a bit more

and provide better cam or as you suggested "use" it to the point that it "wears off."

The more I look at it, the more I like the cam job actually.

What is the better rifle in your opinions out of the G and G Vs the CM16?

What is considered the better brand?
Things I am considering is high mag capacity preferable (own choice)
something I don't have to muck around with too much initially ie is the desired/around the desired velocity out of the box etc.
Something I can modify easily if necessary later
A rifle that is fairly accurate and highly durable- the more durable out of the two.

Initial pistol will be just a cheap/nasty one, not really bothered on the performance of it.

It will just be a throw in the cupboard for a backup/mates gun when one of them is in town.
I will probably just have it for easy access on me to muck around with in cqb.

• Supporters

Guns guns guns guns - where to begin.......

main choices - there are more but the main choices and MY pro's con's

M4

easy to use, ergonomic, mags and other bits easy to get 300 to 450 hi caps

but

blow me not another M4 especially with white CM that G&G put on their Combat Machines

G36c - good little all rounder, ambidextrous selector switch (lefties & peeking left etc) higher mags 470

can't comment on cons coz not used mine as a tad hot until I tweak/break it

AK's

often the airsoft version can kick many a similar M4's ar$e, higher mags 500 world's most famous gun

but

damn it - I just can't seem to love the fire select - I just fumble my way - think undoing a bra one handed is easier

(not that I wear them that much)

MP5's - hmmmm me personally not a great fan but only got mp5k's (cheap nasty ones at that)

its the mags that put me off but many on here love them

other odd/special/unique guns/less common guns - L85, Tar, ARX160, G3 etc...

always check out mags, parts & reviews first before buying

often a fair amount of people stick with more common guns

the novelty may wear off, they think nah I like my old ak/m4 etc.....

G&G are the Fords of airsoft M4's - bloomin' everybody has got one

luckily they do a very extensive range but still common as muck

still they sell $hitloads of them so they can't be complete piles of $hit

They ain't perfect but a very good starter gun - not an unwise purchase at all

G&G's starter range is the Combat Machine - with white CM on side of the polymer receiver - good polymer receiver imho

30th edition is metal/partly metal and has a subtle 30th on receiver

avoid a blow-back model - just more $hit to go wrong imho, normal G&G M4 starter will do ya

M4 Carbine 357mm or 300mm comando/lite version

Raider - long 357mm or short 233mm

GC16 - 330mm barrel

CM18 - 275MM (i think)

oh sod it - look here for the range

http://guay2.com/web/airsoft_gc.php?lang=en#aeg_banner

ICS are also very very nice - see firesupport.co.uk for ICS guns

JG & Cyma do great starters too mainly JG for G36 & Cyma for AK's

• Supporters

for the price there's no better starter gun than a G&G combat machine, if you're only intending to use it for a couple of months then you should 100% get one of those. Barrel length in airsoft is also largely irrelevant too, so a good indoor gun 99% of the time is a good outdoor gun too, no need to hamstring yourself with a 20" barrel for better ballistic performance!

most newbie hire peeps don't walk out on field kitted out to f*ck

they just got an old aeg that been used more than an old whore
tatty but safe full face mask, overalls that might have seen a wash last year maybe
a bag/bottle of bb's so they sound like their shaking maracas playing samba de amigo
and that is it.....

That was beautiful, Mr Duck!

Seriously though, if you're looking at green guns, visit SOCOM Tactical. They aren't great for big repairs, but they sell some nice guns with free two-toning (which they do in green, I can send pics if you want). Just don't ask them to completely disassemble your gun or it'll end up like a Lego set put together by a three-year-old.

With pistols...it's a tricky one, cause you have three options here. You could either go for a gas non-blowback one like an HFC (the ones listed on the pistol guide), you could get an AEP (CYMA make a half-decent Glock 18) or a cheap blowback gun like a KJW. Their Glock 23s and Beretta 92s are great, but the others are pretty hit-and-miss...

Hope this helps.

• Supporters

reference pistols, I wouldn't recommend getting one til you've got a means of getting one in it's full RIF glory; you definitely get what you pay for with a pistol and two toning a nice marui / (some) WE would be criminal.

Not only that, a pistol largely is a vanity piece, no one NEEDS one, we all want one because walking round with a pistol is cool.

Zero one is your best bet as it has some good AEGs and the g&g combat machine range with free 2-tone but don't forget the additional protection eg. Eye protection face protection and chest rigs/plate carriers and any other accessories you may want. Also it may helpful to set a budget otherwise you can't spend hundreds.

Where are you going to be based upon your arrival to this almighty glorious nation? Only reason I ask is my local shop offer a rent to buy scheme so you effectively rent your desired rif then once you got your defence you pay the balance and buy it out right.

I'm based near the saaaaf coast btw :)

Where are you going to be based upon your arrival to this almighty glorious nation? Only reason I ask is my local shop offer a rent to buy scheme so you effectively rent your desired rif then once you got your defence you pay the balance and buy it out right. I'm based near the saaaaf coast btw :)

NW mate, somewhere around Manchester or Liverpool.

Ahh,

Up norf!

Too bad, don't know how civilised people are north of the watford gap! ;)

Ahh, Up norf! Too bad, don't know how civilised people are north of the watford gap! ;)

I have family down south but my mum is up in Manchester so around there is as good a place to start as any,

Having travelled thousands of km though I can say that I am not adverse to moving if I deem it necessary.

I don't really remember much of Manchester from when I last visited. I am not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing lol.

They aren't RMP......they aren't....haha

Like jcheesright said, do t get a pistol unless its and rif. Some people (myself included) will drag out a pistol at any oppertunity, but the cool factor is all gone if its a bright colour and not tacticool.

Grab a combat machine and some second hand army gear, then wait till you ha e a defence and can buy proper stuff. Save in the meantime and by then you will have a better isea of what you really want to get/look like. This hobby breeds magpies so its easy to see something cool buy it and change your mind again lol

• Head Moderator

It is grim up north but cheaper to live.

I went to York once on a stag do weekend, one word

Deliverance.

That is all. Lol jk.

• Moderators

I went to York once on a stag do weekend, one word Deliverance. That is all. Lol jk.

and i live on the fen edge.....dont like to stray over the borders!

as mentioned above, dont 2 tone a decent one, unless you fancy a nice respray after :)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.