Jan 3rd game, The Mall

SeniorSpaz87

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Had a good time yesterday, some pretty lengthy fire fights which was exciting. I spent the final 15 minutes of the last game waiting for the Orange team to mount a big final offensive on Peacocks, which never came. I couldn't work out where 80% of that team went, it was a bizarre finish.

• Head Moderator

Had a good time yesterday, some pretty lengthy fire fights which was exciting. I spent the final 15 minutes of the last game waiting for the Orange team to mount a big final offensive on Peacocks, which never came. I couldn't work out where 80% of that team went, it was a bizarre finish.

So we were on the same team, we must have seen each other, I was one of only two players in all grey. During that game I was just using a pistol and I was down the C&A end coming up behind the Oranges in the service corridor. At one point myself and another player had just cleared a shop opposite Peacocks only to get fragged by a grenade thrown in through the front door by a Green.

Which end was the shop at Jedi, was it C&A's end or the zombie barricade end??

• Head Moderator

Which end was the shop at Jedi, was it C&A's end or the zombie barricade end??

Back towards Zombie barricade end, central, and I think it was a bearded player who was trying to gain entry not realising we had come in the back.

• Head Moderator

That looks about the right place if it was the last game of the day. I could not see myself in the darkness of the shop, we had a marshal standing inside with us. Nice to see some of the days filming though, it looks different on screen probably due to the camera having a clear field of view.

lol first time using a Gopro, after cutting that clip out of my footage, for some reason i have no sound on it so you could have heard what was being said at the time also, kinda went like.....

,GREEN TEAM: loads of orange in the shop that we cant budge....ME:, dont worry, this will sort a few out lol........sorry for the team kill, its pitch black in that shop and quite long so didnt realise green was working there way in from the rear lol

forgot to say, my team was going, you got some at the rear of the shop, we can see them walking out hands held high...im guessing that was you m8 lol

• Supporters

That looks about the right place if it was the last game of the day. I could not see myself in the darkness of the shop, we had a marshal standing inside with us. Nice to see some of the days filming though, it looks different on screen probably due tot he camera having a clear field of view.

I'll put some stuff up

• Supporters

Nice to see some of the days filming though, it looks different on screen probably due to the camera having a clear field of view.

I hate airsoft videos, 99% percent of them are just someone standing around and ocassionally shooting at someone far off in the distance. Used to look at them on occasion hoping to seem someone go on a mad run and showing some skill but they very rarely appear. Gave up looking at them now.

Airsoft is one of those games thats fun to play but has very little spectator enjoyment.

• Head Moderator

The basement and service corridors can be a great place to move around and get behind people once you work out where to go. ImTriggerHappy taught me some of that at The Mall. Playing with just a pistol I had to keep moving as I was outgunned in a firefight so needed to be more stealthy. The surprise worked fairly well except lack of comms with others on the team so could not co-ordinate anything. Of course the other side was doingthe same and I was caught in the wrong place not checking behind me near respawn as well.

Look forward to any more footage of the day because it means something to me, but like most things you needed to be there.

• Head Moderator

Airsoft is one of those games thats fun to play but has very little spectator enjoyment.

Unless the TV companies get involved and we have quality multi-angle footage and slow-mo re-plays of the action. Although more likely It's a Knockout style than Match of the Day :)

Swat Airsoft in Liverpool offer game day videos. A mixture of cctv and camara shots. Not actually bought one before I think I might just to see what it's like.

• Supporters

It would be good to get some good action videos, problem being you have to get the right person on/behind camera and the right site.

Mall isnt the best for filming as a lot of it is very dark.

Maybe the people who have cams can bring them on the private night and we could get a montage.

• Moderators

So we were on the same team, we must have seen each other, I was one of only two players in all grey. During that game I was just using a pistol and I was down the C&A end coming up behind the Oranges in the service corridor. At one point myself and another player had just cleared a shop opposite Peacocks only to get fragged by a grenade thrown in through the front door by a Green.

Last time I saw a C&A was in Gran Canaria in 2004! and last time I went in one it became Next!, So when did the Mall shut then and become an airsoft site?. I REALLY need to speak to my wife and get permission to visit, just involves an overnight for me from the Fens.....shame I couldn't get to the meet up, I did try, daughters birthday :(.....always wife and kids in the way!! haha

I hate airsoft videos, 99% percent of them are just someone standing around and ocassionally shooting at someone far off in the distance. Used to look at them on occasion hoping to seem someone go on a mad run and showing some skill but they very rarely appear. Gave up looking at them now.

Agree, with one caveat - I do find Jetdesertfox's milsim vids like watching an unscripted action movie.

As for recording my own gameplay, its good for learning, particularly learning to improve something you don't do very often.

• Supporters

Well, here you go. Laugh at another's (or your brother's) misfortune!

https://youtu.be/zYGzyait104

• Supporters

Ouch, bit worse than I envisaged. Looks like he stayed down for a while, think he carried on shooting people lol

He did. When I yelled over to see if he was ok, he gave me a thumbs up, so I didn't worry about him after that.

He did. When I yelled over to see if he was ok, he gave me a thumbs up, so I didn't worry about him after that.

Unfortunately this was me that fell over, im good, just a rather long cut on my leg, and yeah, i pushed myself across the floor with my pistol out to finish the guys off behind the metal sheet.

Was painful to walk on for abit, but its better now!

Hope you enjoyed a good laugh out of it ha !

It must have hurt cos at the lunch break he was talking about missing the next game and he would NEVER miss a game lol but good recovery Alex lol

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.