High speed loadout? need help

dweeb203

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

After having a MilSim with a bunch of packed loadout, i decided to give up on heavy loadots. I'm planning to get a high speed low drag kit for Milsim and casual play. currently building it in black. i just want my kit to make me look like a high speed raider. My problems are:

i can't decide which plate carrier i should get (not a fond of chest rigs)

Which helmet would look the best? i currently have a black MICH 2002 but i don't think it will work. maybe FAST or exfil, any other?

what eye protection look better? goggles or glasses?

thanks for your attention and answers

Crye jpc?

that came to my mind earlier, and yeah, i agree with you. any brand of the replica specifically? i heard TMC made the best one after flyye but i'm not sure....

• Head Moderator

Not really sure what you mean by raider, but a pirate patch will look menacing ;) What looks better is subjective, but for eyepro I base it on what works best and offers real protection. I use a full face mask, Dye i4, and move just as quickly with on that as with goggles, and after a slight modification fits nicely under my black Fast helmet. Cannot advise on plate carriers (they add excess weight), but for really a minimal low drag load-out I just use the pockets in trousers and jacket for some skirmish games instead wearing a battle belt/assault vest/chest rig.

that came to my mind earlier, and yeah, i agree with you. any brand of the replica specifically? i heard TMC made the best one after flyye but i'm not sure....

Well never owned one myself but crye is best with tmc and flyye being good as well from what i have heard. Have you thought of having a belt rig instead of a pc?

Not really sure what you mean by raider, but a pirate patch will look menacing ;) What looks better is subjective, but for eyepro I base it on what works best and offers real protection. I use a full face mask, Dye i4, and move just as quickly with on that as with goggles, and after a slight modification fits nicely under my black Fast helmet. Cannot advise on plate carriers (they add excess weight), but for really a minimal low drag load-out I just use the pockets in trousers and jacket for some skirmish games instead wearing a battle belt/assault vest/chest rig.

pirate patch? i'm pretty that will look good, really like that one :P

i don't really like using a full face mask, but that gave me an idea, actually :D not the mask you mentioned, but i got another idea thanks to yours!

Well never owned one myself but crye is best with tmc and flyye being good as well from what i have heard. Have you thought of having a belt rig instead of a pc?

yep, i've thought about about it, but i don't really like one, not for CQB at least. i actually planned on having one for my undercover loadout. but for this one, what i need (and want) is a plate carrier. PC gave me a different feel, and i prefer it.

so it's TMC and flyye.....heard anything about emerson? their JPC are the cheapest but i'm unsure of quality....

yep, i've thought about about it, but i don't really like one, not for CQB at least. i actually planned on having one for my undercover loadout. but for this one, what i need (and want) is a plate carrier. PC gave me a different feel, and i prefer it.

so it's TMC and flyye.....heard anything about emerson? their JPC are the cheapest but i'm unsure of quality....

Usually Emerson gear is ok but once again I've never had any of it so I stand ready for correction

Just realized I'm the most useless person to talk to about kit B)

• Supporters

Can't give bugger all in the way advice without a rough clue what your budget is to be honest, where you live also comes in to play significantly as I'm not going to recommend a store called UK Tactical to somebody in, for example, Canada. I think asking people what looks better is rather inflatable-dartboard as well, you'd be much, much better off just going through loadout threads on different forums or just browsing SF pictures online if you want to figure out what 'looks best'. Because that way you'll get stuff that you actually like the aesthetics of yourself, rather than someone else's opinion.

Even without knowing your budget I can tell you for sure that all black just looks like an airsofter loadout, not any sort of super cool high-speed operator super special forces dude. If you like the look of it then that's cool go ahead, it is of course your money. Just be aware you'll not see elite police firearms units or SAS or SEALs or whatever running much in the way of black gear like it was the early 90s anymore. It's also demonstrably very poor camo in urban and woodland environments, so if you want something that's effective for milsim look at either grey or a popular woodland pattern. Obviously US Woodland, Multicam (including any of the 3 newly released variants), AOR1 and AOR2 are super popular amongst all the super cool guys right now. There's also the Kryptek and Pencott families to consider in terms of the 'latest and greatest' for camo options.

Helmets are, if anything, low speed if you take the literal definition, but if you want to be fashionable in the manner I think you do then an Ops-Core replica is what everybody and his gran is rocking right now.

Eye pro should very much be decided on a safety first basis, not what looks good. End of the day if you just run the dark lenses in any goggle and cover your lower face somehow it does the job of dehumanising your appearance, which is always a winner on social media.

Cannot advise on plate carriers (they add excess weight), but for really a minimal low drag load-out I just use the pockets in trousers and jacket for some skirmish games instead wearing a battle belt/assault vest/chest rig.

This.

If you want the ULTIMATE speedy loadout. aka the sonic loadout. You'd mostly want as minimal kit as possible. As kit (plate carriers, helmets, pouches etc) is weight. Weight will slow you down. When I play, since I have pockets in my trousers, that's where I store my mags. It's not a nuisance. Also, helmets, I'm not a fan of either, as I seem unbalanced when using them, and they just are annoying... But plenty of people think they're good.

If your desire is to have helmets and plate carriers, make sure the plate carrier is nice and tight. Make sure the size is right.

Having this exact problem myself!!

Been looking at the slickster plate carrier or the Haley d3cr rig

Struggling massively :(

Only ever owned the Olive Bulle MOLLE Recon Chest Harness and cant recommend it enough. Keeps your back clear which helps a tonne if your running around the show.

A friend got a Olive MOLLE Ventilated Plate Carrier too which wraps around the back a bit more but is made outa breathable stuff which is pretty sweet too.

Both are light as hell to boot and I know you wanted black but OD goes with anything like so you'd be laughing. :P

• Head Moderator

UK Tactical sell the Warrior covert plate carrier in black http://www.uktactical.com/p-11505-covert-plate-carrier-mk1-black.aspx for £85, although they currently have a 20% discount.

• Supporters

I think there may be a little misunderstanding amongst a few folks here.

Generally when used in airsoft terms relating to gear (much more so in the states than the UK), 'high speed' doesn't mean something necessarily has to be super lightweight or efficient, it's more to do with the looks than anything. A BULLE chest rig for example is an excellent choice for load-bearing kit in airsoft, but it doesn't look gucci or tacticool. I'm pretty certain given the OP's concern over aesthetics rather than function, the idea is to fit in to the fashionable, special forces looking notion of HSLD.

• Supporters

S&S precision plateframe, team wendy exfil ballistic helmet, ronin tactics senshi belt with either ronin or tyr tactical pouches.

doesn't get much more HSLD than that, though if you get it all in black you'll look no different really to 10 year old bobby with his PASGT and Viper assault vest.

Can't give bugger all in the way advice without a rough clue what your budget is to be honest, where you live also comes in to play significantly as I'm not going to recommend a store called UK Tactical to somebody in, for example, Canada. I think asking people what looks better is rather inflatable-dartboard as well, you'd be much, much better off just going through loadout threads on different forums or just browsing SF pictures online if you want to figure out what 'looks best'. Because that way you'll get stuff that you actually like the aesthetics of yourself, rather than someone else's opinion.

Even without knowing your budget I can tell you for sure that all black just looks like an airsofter loadout, not any sort of super cool high-speed operator super special forces dude. If you like the look of it then that's cool go ahead, it is of course your money. Just be aware you'll not see elite police firearms units or SAS or SEALs or whatever running much in the way of black gear like it was the early 90s anymore. It's also demonstrably very poor camo in urban and woodland environments, so if you want something that's effective for milsim look at either grey or a popular woodland pattern. Obviously US Woodland, Multicam (including any of the 3 newly released variants), AOR1 and AOR2 are super popular amongst all the super cool guys right now. There's also the Kryptek and Pencott families to consider in terms of the 'latest and greatest' for camo options.

Helmets are, if anything, low speed if you take the literal definition, but if you want to be fashionable in the manner I think you do then an Ops-Core replica is what everybody and his gran is rocking right now.

Eye pro should very much be decided on a safety first basis, not what looks good. End of the day if you just run the dark lenses in any goggle and cover your lower face somehow it does the job of dehumanising your appearance, which is always a winner on social media.

so maybe i'll forgot about the helmet, and yeah, maybe i'll try to use a camo instead..... but AOR just don't work for me, not a fan of s34l. i don't like how kryptek made their pattern. but i do like penncott & US woodland. another pattern maybe? penncott is kinda hard to get here. not i,possibble, but some are actually overpriced.

This.

If you want the ULTIMATE speedy loadout. aka the sonic loadout. You'd mostly want as minimal kit as possible. As kit (plate carriers, helmets, pouches etc) is weight. Weight will slow you down. When I play, since I have pockets in my trousers, that's where I store my mags. It's not a nuisance. Also, helmets, I'm not a fan of either, as I seem unbalanced when using them, and they just are annoying... But plenty of people think they're good.

If your desire is to have helmets and plate carriers, make sure the plate carrier is nice and tight. Make sure the size is right.

yeah i'm also considering this, for another loadout with just a hoodie, my wileyx saber, tactical trousers, and a cap. seems like something? but currently i wanted something to look cool :P

I think there may be a little misunderstanding amongst a few folks here.

Generally when used in airsoft terms relating to gear (much more so in the states than the UK), 'high speed' doesn't mean something necessarily has to be super lightweight or efficient, it's more to do with the looks than anything. A BULLE chest rig for example is an excellent choice for load-bearing kit in airsoft, but it doesn't look gucci or tacticool. I'm pretty certain given the OP's concern over aesthetics rather than function, the idea is to fit in to the fashionable, special forces looking notion of HSLD.

doesn't really have to be tacticool.... hey but if it's an excellent one why not? the only problem is, getting one from the store mentioned is going to cost me, a lot for delivery itself.

He doesn't care if it's heavy he just wants to look cool do you not understand? :lol:

as long as it's not as heavy as a CIRAS with bladder and a bunch of pouches then i'm fine :P

S&S precision plateframe, team wendy exfil ballistic helmet, ronin tactics senshi belt with either ronin or tyr tactical pouches.

doesn't get much more HSLD than that, though if you get it all in black you'll look no different really to 10 year old bobby with his PASGT and Viper assault vest.

exfil, got it. some pretty cheap reps are easy to get. and yeah, i'm reconsidering black, maybe ranger green instead :lol:

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.