helmets and ear defenders

benstorey1

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

wondering if people could show off their helmets and ear defenders to go with them ? and also how do you mount the ear defenders to the helmet rail ?

cheers guys/gals

• Moderators

so do they keep out some sound as well, liek if someone drops a grenade a few feet from you as at Tuddenham on monday!! haha, how easy is it to hear someone next to you?

seems a better way to protect ears when using my helmet and lower mesh as well....

• Supporters

The ones on my helmet have microphones on the side which transmit ambient sound into the ear cups, but cap out at 90dB so anything louder than that just gets turned down. Very effective hearing protection, also have a volume control so you can make ambient sound MUCH louder than it really is and have bat-like hearing, though I find that really annoying as it feels like I'm making too much noise in everything I do.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.