Zero One and their Consistently Dubious Business Pratices

TheFull9

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Personally I have never had any issues with any of the guns or bits I have bought off them.

Admittedly I mainly go there for guns and mags etc, so I cannot comment on your valid points.

It is a blot on my view of zeroone, but I have always had good service from them.

• Supporters

Personally I have never had any issues with any of the guns or bits I have bought off them.

Admittedly I mainly go there for guns and mags etc, so I cannot comment on your valid points.

It is a blot on my view of zeroone, but I have always had good service from them.

Ever had any purchases go awry per chance? Honest question as that's where you always find out what a retailer is actually like. I know a lot of people who've had major troubles with trying to get refunds/sending guns for fixing only to have them come back the same or worse than when sent etc etc; all spaced out over quite a few years.

I've no doubt at all there's people out there who've had good experiences with them, but in my decade or so of airsofting and ungodly amount of hours on various forums and chatting to other players (online and in person), the number of negative reports I've heard about them has been substantially higher than any other retailer. Even worse than Wolf a few years back when those guys went through a notoriously terrible patch.

My only personal experience with them was purchasing a TM gun way back in 08. Luckily the gun of course worked perfectly fine and the purchase went 'ok', but it took a ridiculously long time to ship out considering how simple the order was and it took me nearly a week of trying to get someone on the phone. Shortly after I found the aforementioned fake Oakleys; exact same thing happening as detailed in this thread. Never shopped with them again after that and I'm glad of that decision I have to say.

• Supporters

It's going to be a bit superficial, but I get a vibe off some sites that are simply in it for a quick buck and don't tend to know what they're on about - far too clean, too many rounded corners etc. It sounds strange, but places like Zero One never appeal to me for this reason and I'd far rather browse a slightly clunky site like Firesupport that doesn't always attempt to give you the hard-sell in the description of their products but instead treats you like an adult, or somewhere like Patrol Base were their range sometimes extends into things you don't often see elsewhere and are priced fairly.

I think that's a fair point, they also have a considerable number of products on Zero One where they couldn't be bothered to fill in the product description. I've always avoided them because I have heard lots of stories of how their handling of faulty guns suck.

This is partly why I ruled out buying tacticool gear (other than gloves/safety) in the UK, far to much pricing by purpose (and comparison with brand products) than by actual hierarchical price to quality.

Idd, price aside, would this be just as fraudulent to you if the title contained the words "imitation" or "style"?

As for evike, I agree with the above, if not for their Youtube presence as countpoint I doubt they'd be so large, as for their site layout, I still agree, except for this page, where I send curious people (that are not interested in buying).

• Supporters

Ever had any purchases go awry per chance? Honest question as that's where you always find out what a retailer is actually like. I know a lot of people who've had major troubles with trying to get refunds/sending guns for fixing only to have them come back the same or worse than when sent etc etc; all spaced out over quite a few years.

I've no doubt at all there's people out there who've had good experiences with them, but in my decade or so of airsofting and ungodly amount of hours on various forums and chatting to other players (online and in person), the number of negative reports I've heard about them has been substantially higher than any other retailer. Even worse than Wolf a few years back when those guys went through a notoriously terrible patch.

My only personal experience with them was purchasing a TM gun way back in 08. Luckily the gun of course worked perfectly fine and the purchase went 'ok', but it took a ridiculously long time to ship out considering how simple the order was and it took me nearly a week of trying to get someone on the phone. Shortly after I found the aforementioned fake Oakleys; exact same thing happening as detailed in this thread. Never shopped with them again after that and I'm glad of that decision I have to say.

I have not had any issue like you have described above. I have never had to return anything.

Maybe it's luck, I don't know

I could mention far worse retailers, such as my recent dealings with patrol base (i phoned up reserved a gun, did a 140mile round trip only to find that they had sold it), but that's my view/experience/opinion etc.

I am not taking anything away from your post at all mate, just saying about my experiences

• Supporters

I could mention far worse retailers, such as my recent dealings with patrol base (i phoned up reserved a gun, did a 140mile round trip only to find that they had sold it), but that's my view/experience/opinion etc.

Wow - PatrolBase got taken over by LWA bastids that sold my my first RIF - FireHawk ???

(blimey at least I didn't arrive there to do my nut but I was spewing down south)

I'm a tart - I've forgiven them and shop there still now n then

but don't think I have forgotten it

(and in true woman style I was always keep throwing it up in ya face)

None of them are flawless - that goes for retailers and women (but don't tell the wife I said that)

some are usually better than others most of the time but now n then you realise somethings are not their strong point

Mrs Duck's cooking is a very rare thing and housework ain't her strong point either.....

but hey she puts up with me & the kids so she has very high tolerance levels

Only really used z1 for G&G's as they usually are cheapest (especially with extra discounts)

but postage is a little bit higher than most places

woo hoo free skirmish voucher - that is not near me

free 2-tone - hmm ok but got defense

LWA & Airsoft World plus Pro Airsoft where my G&G's also came from

FireSupport = ICS heaven

heard JD Airsoft techy dept ain't that great either so instead I bodge n break n bodge my own stuff

a number of times though we have seen Z1 descriptions or even prices being just a random lot of stuff pulled out of their ar$e

ho hum - merry christmas n all that

• Supporters

Wow - PatrolBase got taken over by LWA bastids that sold my my first RIF - FireHawk ???

(blimey at least I didn't arrive there to do my nut but I was spewing down south)

I'm a tart - I've forgiven them and shop there still now n then

but don't think I have forgotten it

(and in true woman style I was always keep throwing it up in ya face)

None of them are flawless - that goes for retailers and women (but don't tell the wife I said that)

some are usually better than others most of the time but now n then you realise somethings are not their strong point

Mrs Duck's cooking is a very rare thing and housework ain't her strong point either.....

but hey she puts up with me & the kids so she has very high tolerance levels

Only really used z1 for G&G's as they usually are cheapest (especially with extra discounts)

but postage is a little bit higher than most places

woo hoo free skirmish voucher - that is not near me

free 2-tone - hmm ok but got defense

LWA & Airsoft World plus Pro Airsoft where my G&G's also came from

FireSupport = ICS heaven

heard JD Airsoft techy dept ain't that great either so instead I bodge n break n bodge my own stuff

a number of times though we have seen Z1 descriptions or even prices being just a random lot of stuff pulled out of their ar$e

ho hum - merry christmas n all that

Like I said, my finding/experience/opinion

It's really pissing me off as they have a gun I really want, but I will never buy from them again (I do hope someone reminds me of this should I ever go back on my word)

Fire support have been fantastic since the proposed ukara change incident.

LWA have got expensive

Wolf are very good, great prices, even if there webby is pants

JD and pro airsoft supplies, always seem to be out of stock of everything (that want)

• Supporters

But don't stop talking about things people know not of, now.

It was a leaked email, about 3+years ago, I don't recall it fully but from memory, basically to remove all requirements and just charge people a yearly "subscription" fee, if I remember correctly. There was calls to boycott fire support all over most forums/Facebook etc. I didn't use them for almost a year.

In any case It didn't happen, and apparently it was just an idea ....

Either way I have had nothing but exemperly service from them since!

• Supporters

It seems strange to me how people completely lost their shit about that Fire Support thing. Yet when it was demonstrated you can sign up for the british airsoft club with no proof of identity it was largely ignored....

They are pretty lucky that the chap who did this had good intentions as I doubt it would have been raised as an issue otherwise.

• Supporters

I also noted the shonky gloves a few yrs back , plus as has been commented on the distinct lack of product description has always worried me about there commitment to the sport/hobby and not just the moneies FROM the players of said sporting interest ?

Had hell of a problem when I had purchased a gun and was sent the wrong model , was told over the phone when I eventually got through to them " what's the problem it's the same AEG just a different rail on it !" ?!?!?!?

Could be wrong but I do feel the bigger they get the less customer care that goes with the company growth .

Example I had was couple of yrs ago I was over in the states went to the Evike shop (which was absolutely huge and had every thing you could think off on display !) purchased a load of 'bits n bobs' that you just don't see and a box of Pmags , now I asked for dark earth ones and the distinctly uninterested sales guy got me a box of OD ones , pointed out his mistake ( from his reaction you'd think I'd said he had killed a puppy the glair he gave me !) he goes off to get the correct ones , comes back bags every thing up , I pay start walking out the shop and don't know why but decide to check and discovered the cheeky f**ker had put the OD ones in the bag ! Not happy to say the least , another sales assistant takes over (who was a lot more helpful) to be informed "he probably couldn't be bothered to go out back and get them!" And since that incident have spoken to a few others who have been screwed over by Evike especially overseas customers .

I've done 3 x orders through Zero One. Each order had its own issue and they never reply to emails/call cack. When I asked to speak to the Owner/director or 'head honcho' they passed me through to an unhelpful supervisor.

They cannot be bothered to put descriptions of the items they want us buy so we have to do our own research which is a pain and also means we go onto other retailers and potentially losses in zero one sales will be because of this.

I give retailers three chances and once they mess up those I simply don't use them anymore.

If you don't like Zero One, don't go onto their website, don't purchase from them. If their sales drop they may start scratching their heads.

seasons greetings and all that.

sg

They cannot be bothered to put descriptions of the items they want us buy so we have to do our own research which is a pain and also means we go onto other retailers and potentially losses in zero one sales will be because of this.

I've never understood this, many times when I was new to airsoft I started at ZO with their large collection of [out of stock] items, but found stuff elsewhere due to lack of descriptions. They only seem to be able to cut and paste eh? That said, they're frequent goldmine for instock pricematching.

Hi recently bought a g18c from these guys.....all seems ok but being knew to airsofting and reading your post not sure if I should go elsewhere.

After an extended mag zero asking £55.... any recommendations please.

• Head Moderator

Hi recently bought a g18c from these guys.....all seems ok but being knew to airsofting and reading your post not sure if I should go elsewhere.

After an extended mag zero asking £55.... any recommendations please.

Reply is in your other thread - re extended magazines. Follow link:

http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/29416-magazines/#entry226115

• Supporters

l've always avoided Z1 just because l can't bare how they run their forums.

But since the last general election when they told their entire Fb audience to vote one way because the other would ban airsoft - total BS of course - l feel they've lost even more of their non-existent credibility.

A goddamn airsoft shop employing political scare tactics ffs? Nope. None of my money for you.

Don't forget how much of a money grab the NAE is too.

• 2 weeks later...

I will agree with ed on this one z1 forums are a sham to airsoft and make themselves lol silly by not letting to mention any other retailers. As for the shop i have had a hit and miss with them first time ran smooth as butter.2nd time I had to send photo evidence aswell as ukara for some reason to purchase a gun which then they took 6 working days before they sent it out and came out with the excuses. Even at the nae some of the guys seem very clicky and off don't get me wrong a lot of them are decent people. I think if you stick to fire support,airsoft zone and patrol base you can't go wrong

Online I didn't have a problem apart from one item which wasn't sent until I called them and asked where it was.

But when I went there in person the guy serving didn't seem happy I was in the shop more like an annoyance and inconvenience even though I bought a case pistol 2 mags and gloves but hey ho

• Supporters

But when I went there in person the guy serving didn't seem happy I was in the shop more like an annoyance and inconvenience even though I bought a case pistol 2 mags and gloves but hey ho

Had a similar thing at socom tactical. Went there about 18 months ago to get a back up gun for friends to use and a new tac light. Asked to try out a gun to see how it shot lad behind the counter just shrugged and said cant do as on his own in the shop and carried on chatting to the other lad in the shop he obviously knew.

Didnt offer to lock up for a few minutes or anything.

So I thought whatever went to look at lights and they had the element foregrip light combo but was way above the price of any where else. I asked if they could do anything about the price got a curt no while he rolled his eyes at the lad he was talking to.

Walked out and will never go back which is a shame as normally I try and support local businesses.

• Supporters

Had a similar thing at socom tactical. Went there about 18 months ago to get a back up gun for friends to use and a new tac light. Asked to try out a gun to see how it shot lad behind the counter just shrugged and said cant do as on his own in the shop and carried on chatting to the other lad in the shop he obviously knew.

Didnt offer to lock up for a few minutes or anything.

So I thought whatever went to look at lights and they had the element foregrip light combo but was way above the price of any where else. I asked if they could do anything about the price got a curt no while he rolled his eyes at the lad he was talking to.

Walked out and will never go back which is a shame as normally I try and support local businesses.

I can't vouch for whoever served you but I bought my Krytac LMG from them yesterday and the staff were all really helpful. I got a bit salty a while back as there was a mix up on a BB order I placed with them(to be fair it was a mistake, they apologised and it was all sorted), but I thought I would give them another go and I'm glad I did. I'll put all the info about yesterday in the places to buy thread.

• Supporters

I can't vouch for whoever served you but I bought my Krytac LMG from them yesterday and the staff were all really helpful. I got a bit salty a while back as there was a mix up on a BB order I placed with them(to be fair it was a mistake, they apologised and it was all sorted), but I thought I would give them another go and I'm glad I did. I'll put all the info about yesterday in the places to buy thread.

Might have just walked in a bad day but I am not very forgiving.

To be honest best service I have ever had from a uk store was patrolbase.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.