What GBBR to buy ?

noodles23

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Looking for a GBBR to have out on the field and since this would be my first gas rifle I thought it best get some advice from people that know a lot more than me, anyway what's the best value for money GBBR's on the market at the moment and if anyone's got any recommendations on gas rifles they own i would love to hear them! Cheers

• Supporters

A lot of people highly rate the ghk G5 (I have no experience with them)

I personally highly rate my tippmann m4, while technically not a gbbr, being hpa, it is much cheaper to run, and readily accepts m4 mags etc

A lot of people highly rate the ghk G5 (I have no experience with them)

I personally highly rate my tippmann m4, while technically not a gbbr, being hpa, it is much cheaper to run, and readily accepts m4 mags etc

hmm the tippman m4 does take my fancy, never had a gun that ran HPA style but looks to be quite promising since I do play out in woodland environment it would probably be better I will continue to have a look at the tippman aswell as anything els that pops up, but thank you for dropping this gem of a gun to me!

I own a KWA vector and it's been flawless can't knock it normally use the burst or the single fire mode haven't suffered cool down when using.

Will be purchasing a G5 and have been told it's the best on market so will report back when I get and test

G5 is a good one, my friend told me so. it's not based on a real gun, sadly. it resembles CZ's skorpion evo 3, but in 5.56 instead of 9mm. if you fancy something more realistic, KJW M4 is a good gun to start. not overly expensive, but it's actually good. really durable. my friend had owned it for 2 years until the he needed any replacement, and it's just the bolt. gas use is fair enough, stable ROF, and not overly high FPS.

but take my word: NO VFC

VFC's AEGS are known for superb quality and finish, and their GBB/R also has the the amazing finish and extremely realistic, with poor quality. parts are hard to find once you broke it. if you're new, avoid VFC. it's only for those with experience and money.

KSC/KWA kriss vector is also a good one. not a bad choice. or maybe you want to try Marui's new M4 MWS?

• Supporters

my friend. he's not on the net here, but that's what they said. i haven't laid my hands on one of them yet, to be honest.

Vfc used to be one of the companies that had a good reputation but to be honest they are not that great anymore. Other companies have come along with much better quality products and a lot of the old guard have improved the quality of the stuff they make. VFC like G&P have just carried on churning out the same old tired stuff the internals are ok but way behind the quality of some others now.

Its the way of airsoft unfortunately people always rely on what they have heard and been told so buy the same crap and then tell the next person to.

Its time we had an honest impartial write up on manufacturers on here. No rose coloured glasses no memories of yesteryear. Just an honest unblinkered opinion based purely on engineering knowledge.

• 2 weeks later...

maybe you want to try Marui's new M4 MWS?

With it's relative age compared to the market and non-existent spares, no amount of fanboy-ism is going to make it last very long, it is by far the worst GBBR for mag gas efficiency as well.

• Root Admin

Slightly off topic, but do you know any good threads/videos that review the TM M4? I've seen a couple buy they've either been obviously tainted by 'it's Marui so it's great' or are the typical shallow reviews done by retailers that don't offer any insight.

Slightly off topic, but do you know any good threads/videos that review the TM M4? I've seen a couple buy they've either been obviously tainted by 'it's Marui so it's great' or are the typical shallow reviews done by retailers that don't offer any insight.

http://arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/215675-first-impressions-tokyo-marui-m4-mws-gbbr/

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.