Tracer help needed please

i3666

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So, I recently brought a ASG B&T Tracer and it worked fine but then suddenly stopped last night. I can see the red light on and when I 'hand drop' through BB's I can see it lights up about 1 in 8. I have put in new batteries too but no consistent success, any ideas people? I am using Madbull tracer BB's.

Any buildup on the contacts? That was an issue for me when mine was new. Not enough juice getting through for some reason.

You said you tried other batteries, make sure they are decent quality ones.

I used to have that tracer unit and hated it, constantly had issues with it (although I may have just had a lemon, I know a few others who love it), I got the marui one instead from ehobbyasia and it is a hell of a lot nicer, costs about £55 including delivery, I couldn't recommend it enough.

Here's a link for if you want to check it out yourself:

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/tokyo-marui-new-full-auto-tracer.html#.VnxpaZTfWrX

Any buildup on the contacts? That was an issue for me when mine was new. Not enough juice getting through for some reason.

You said you tried other batteries, make sure they are decent quality ones.

I have not used the unit much, so I doubt it. How did u clean the contacts exactly? Just feed some cloth through the inner tube of the unit I suppose...

Yeah, the batteries were Duracell!

I used to have that tracer unit and hated it, constantly had issues with it (although I may have just had a lemon, I know a few others who love it), I got the marui one instead from ehobbyasia and it is a hell of a lot nicer, costs about £55 including delivery, I couldn't recommend it enough.

Here's a link for if you want to check it out yourself:

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/tokyo-marui-new-full-auto-tracer.html#.VnxpaZTfWrX

Looks good. How long did it take to come?

So, I have ran a cloth through the unit a few times to help clean the contact on it but there has been no real improvement!

I am probably going to look at getting a new tracer, has anyone experience of Xcortech XT501? It is about my price limit but looks a lot better from than the B&T one

Must say am now a bit depressed. The wife asked me if I wanted any stocking fillers, told her to get me a b&t tracer. Havnt tried it yet but am already sad

• Supporters

So, I have ran a cloth through the unit a few times to help clean the contact on it but there has been no real improvement!

I am probably going to look at getting a new tracer, has anyone experience of Xcortech XT501? It is about my price limit but looks a lot better from than the B&T one

They use a light gate to register the bb and flash it. Yours is probably shot, if its new take it back and either swap it or get a new one. B&T tracer units are usually ok but like anything else you get the odd lemon. The XT501 is a good bit of kit.

They use a light gate to register the bb and flash it. Yours is probably shot, if its new take it back and either swap it or get a new one. B&T tracer units are usually ok but like anything else you get the odd lemon. The XT501 is a good bit of kit.

Cool, thanks mate.

Any other comments on the Xcortech XT501 people?

I use the Xcortech XT501 and can't fault it to be honest, I use mine on my Evo 3 and would recommend it to anyone. Bought mine from Fubar Bundy, he was the cheapest I found online and very quick delivery

I use the Xcortech XT501 and can't fault it to be honest, I use mine on my Evo 3 and would recommend it to anyone. Bought mine from Fubar Bundy, he was the cheapest I found online and very quick delivery

Thanks mate. I will invest in one I think. :)

You can look at mine in February and if I can fix the other one I can even put it on your gun.

Cool, thanks matey I shall definitely check it out. I was forced to run the B&T today and it does work but just intermittently, which is annoyed. I need to get onto the shop this week about it, as it is only a few weeks old. If I don't get any joy out of them (i.e. not replaced) then I will invest in the Xcortech.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.