Cyma v APS AK74

Super64

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm in the market for an AK74, nothing too expensive as it's mostly a collectors item with the occasional game play option, but I do want something that's going to work. I was going to buy a Cyma, Taiwangun have them for a reasonable price, but I've seen they also have APS blowback AK's for a little more than the Cyma. The APS externals look really nice, but I've seen mixed reviews on YouTube. On the other hand I've heard that Cyma AK's are really quite good. Has anyone got any experience of the APS guns and know if they're any good? It's not a make I've heard a lot about.

• Supporters

Cyma 028 min....

many go for the cm04x ones but the 028 range is a good budget one

do not go for a cm52x series as they are too cheap imho

APS have got better but only have a UAR - weird mags/magwell

EBB - more crap to go wrong especially as you tweak gun to a higher rof

(just shout clakety clack when firing and stuff won't fly off is my view)

Or get a Forcecore/Meister Arms from Gunfire which is roughly the same price as a CYMA and is just a rebranded Gen 1 E&L and far superior

But really dont get the APS.....

Or... if you are willing to spend a little more and dont mind giving Fire Support your money, they have good prices at the moment on LCT AKs.

I've just sold my CYMA AK-74M, and during the time I had it I absolutely loved it. Full metal...folding stock...500rd mags, the whole enchilada. CYMA are very well-known for making nice AKs, and it depends on what you go for. APS aren't too bad (their AUGs and UARs are really cool) but personally I wouldn't trust their AKs too much. I've heard from quite a few people that they have gearbox problems, which would likely be made worse by adding blowback to the mix. Overall? CYMA.

Forcecore then CYMA then APS.

Heard from more than a few people about gearbox trouble with the APS AK range.

Forcecore then CYMA then APS.

Heard from more than a few people about gearbox trouble with the APS AK range.

Just out of interest, don't Forcecore just rebrand stuff like ASG? Their M4s are made by Jing Gong, and their other stuff is AY.

Thanks for the advice lads. I think I'm looking more at Cyma again, I have heard some good reviews of their Ak's. I'll see what happens to the prices after Christmas. I've never used Gunfire before, but used TaiwanGun a few times and never been disappointed and their prices are always really competitive.

I had been looking at the CM.040C, looking at something a little more tactical than the wood furniture, possibly with a Dboys GP-25. anyone had any experience?

Just out of interest, don't Forcecore just rebrand stuff like ASG? Their M4s are made by Jing Gong, and their other stuff is AY.

Forcecore Aks are made by E&L and are basically Gen 1 E&l with a standard motor.

Thanks for the advice lads. I think I'm looking more at Cyma again, I have heard some good reviews of their Ak's. I'll see what happens to the prices after Christmas. I've never used Gunfire before, but used TaiwanGun a few times and never been disappointed and their prices are always really competitive.

I had been looking at the CM.040C, looking at something a little more tactical than the wood furniture, possibly with a Dboys GP-25. anyone had any experience?

Don't bother get a Forcecore much more solid externally.

Yeh get a Forcecore/Meister Arms....if you can find one......gunfire.pl are one of the best retailers around.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.