new to this airsoft

newmicky2015

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

HI guys I'm new to this I'm looking for help and and to be pointed in the right direction I'm from dartford and am looking to get involed in airsoft but not got a clue were to start am just looking for advice and help to get started I've seem a few friends play it and love it so I I wanted to get involed so any help will be great cheers

• Head Moderator

If you are not already aware there is a large outdoor site near you, UCAP Sandpit, next to the Bluewater shopping centre. http://www.ucap.co.uk/ucap-airsoft-venues/ucap-sandpit-venue

Hi Micky.

As mentioned, UCAP Sandpit it only a few mins away. Only problem is that if you go there; you'll never want to play anywhere else 😃

Best bet is to head down and rent for a couple of games. This will give you an idea of how and where you want to play.

Talk to the guys (and girls) there and get to know the gear and the people. Most of us are a friendly bunch who are more than happy to show off our gear - so you'll probably be able to handle a few guns in the SafeZone and get a feel for what you like.

Looks first, but comfort and useability is a close second (for me anyway).

3 games and you'll be able to get UKARA Registered to buy yourself something suave (assuming your over 18...?)

Don't worry about buying all THE BEST KIT EVER straight away. Start of small, cheap combats and cheap (but good) eyepro/full face - and let your gear evolve with you.

If you try to buy a whole load out straight away you'll likely find you don't want/need/use a lot of what you bought.

Lastly, welcome 😃

I'm from Greenhithe - looking to get back into the sport in 2016. So, maybe I'll see you at the Sandpit. :-)

Thanks guys your information is really great and usefull to me I wanan start in January twice19 so maybe if u can let me know when the first game is I will get down there and meet up with ya self and others to get to grips with this all I'm from erith so it's only round the corner from me any way cheers Michael

As Twice19 said i wouldn't recommend getting a full load out and kit straight away unless you really know what you want. I bought everything straight away and don't even use half of it.

...I wanan start in January twice19 so maybe if u can let me know when the first game is I will get down there and meet up with ya self and others to get to grips with this all I'm from erith so it's only round the corner from me any way cheers Michael

My kit is in serious state of disrepair after being out of action for so long, so I doubt I'll be ready by Jan. But here's hoping.

Game dates should be on their website:

http://ucap.co.uk

Get a few games in before me and maybe you can show me the ropes. I'll be the tired, unfit one who's wheezing in the corner ;-)

A tip for the forum. If you want to know the answer to something. Search it on the forum first.

If you post a thread, but there's already a thread on it, you'll get a bollocking...

But, you should be fine.. Chances are they'll answer it anyway (we usually do)

It's a good forum this, you'll like it ;)

• Moderators

If you are not already aware there is a large outdoor site near you, UCAP Sandpit, next to the Bluewater shopping centre. http://www.ucap.co.uk/ucap-airsoft-venues/ucap-sandpit-venue

didnt realise it was that close...wife shopping me shooting! :)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.