Best way to start MilSiming

Reb3l

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

You say there is no elitism but agree that tier1 were right to go invite only because 80% of people who turned up wasn't good enough?

Elitism isnt just about kit its about the belief your in some way better.

A lot of milsimers do tend to come across that way. As you pointed out earlier though that might just be the ones who talk it more than do it.

Maybe one day I will come and join you on a tier1 day, if I am special enough to get an invite 😃

Edit; Night vision is nothing to do with elitism, I want it and I know I am crap.

• Supporters

Tier1 went invite only because a lot of the players they had turning up wanted an airsoft game, and what tier1 do is milsim with airsoft as the stand-in for real guns... They don't want to run a weekend long skirmish with a dress code, they want to do the stuff that doesn't appeal to most. Unfortunately because 'milsim' is such a catch-all term they had people turning up expecting it to be just a weekend long version of a gunman or ambush adventures game and generally ruining it for those who'd turned up for the more hardcore experience; where people take note of ROE etc.

It's a sliding scale I guess, there needs to be some kind of 'milsim-scale' devised like the bristol stool chart;
1 is no arm bands, no 2-tones... tan vs green with flags,

all the way up to

7 which is period correct loadouts, stag rotations, correct military RT, scheme of manoeuvre, NATO sequence of orders etc.

If everyone could agree to label their events accordingly, people would know what they were getting right from the off :)

• Supporters

If everyone could agree to label their events accordingly, people would know what they were getting right from the off :)

This would be great if it happened, but then this is a community that can't reliably use the correct existing words to describe/define things. Good examples are things like clips, instead of magazine, sniper, instead of sniper rifle and mechbox instead of gearbox. If we all just use whatever words we feel like to converse things would get very confusing very quickly.

We agree it would be a good idea to grade milsims so that people know what they are getting. Another issue is that although there are many general milsim pages and groups, no-one actually runs a calendar of all the different events so its very difficult to know what is going on and where.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.