Gun cases ?

LordGeorge

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey All

After a full year of airsofting i have finally decided i do indeed need a gun case!

I have two rif's so need a case to house both or one each.

However my MK17 needs at least 110cm lengh by 35cm.

I have found a nice flambeau case but know little to nothing about cases.

The guns are atleast 1G each so need something strong!

Cheers

George

Do you want a hard case or a soft case?

I started off with a cheap soft case which did the job of holding 1 rifle but the gun tended to move around a bit even with the straps so I looked into getting a hard case. I looked into Plano cases but in the end I just ended up getting a SRC hard case which just about fits my 2 rifles and has foam which holds it secure. My other stuff and pistols I carry in a duffle bag. Think how you plan on transporting the case as very long cases may not fit into the boot of your car.

Flambeau are plenty strong enough. I store and carry my air rifle in one and that is way heavier than most airsoft guns. They also do the more oblong case that can even take two rifles at once.

Do you want a hard case or a soft case?

I started off with a cheap soft case which did the job of holding 1 rifle but the gun tended to move around a bit even with the straps so I looked into getting a hard case. I looked into Plano cases but in the end I just ended up getting a SRC hard case which just about fits my 2 rifles and has foam which holds it secure. My other stuff and pistols I carry in a duffle bag. Think how you plan on transporting the case as very long cases may not fit into the boot of your car.

Hard case dude, should have been more specific :)

Well with the sizes, thats eactly what i was thinking. Even storage when not being used, not so much of a issue though,

Get one of these yo,

All the crazy kids on the street will be like Oooooooh....

post-11797-0-43232900-1450899115_thumb.png

• 5 weeks later...
  • Moderators

I just use the box....fits in the boot nicely :)

seriously though tempted to get a bag of some description as my DJ bags don't hold the gun, but means I could put two in the wardrobe safely and take up less space than two boxes....she may not realise :)

I recently got a combination of the 2 cause i wanted something cheap that can hold both my M14 1120mm long and my short ICS CXP-08 so went for one of these.

Pretty sturdy construction, holds both guns and their 5 mags plus 1911 and 3 mags + CO2 cannisters and a bag of BB's so can carry my days weaponry in it, though i'm not carrying it long distances mainly from the house to the car and back again.

Also has the foam lining found in gun cases.

• Moderators

I recently got a combination of the 2 cause i wanted something cheap that can hold both my M14 1120mm long and my short ICS CXP-08 so went for one of these.

Pretty sturdy construction, holds both guns and their 5 mags plus 1911 and 3 mags + CO2 cannisters and a bag of BB's so can carry my days weaponry in it, though i'm not carrying it long distances mainly from the house to the car and back again.

Also has the foam lining found in gun cases.

black or black 1#?

prefer as plain as possible :)

black or black 1#?

prefer as plain as possible :)

I went for the CP Camouflage one, normally i'd go for something plain like you so either Black or OD but they had a discount on the camo and seeing as it's not going to be a fashion accessory anyway stuck in the boot of the car saved a couple extra quid.

Up untill now i have kept the SCAR in its box wrapped up in sheets for padding, but after getting the HK416 and together being worth the best part of £2,000. Thought it time i invest in a semi decent case :)

The bags are good but i love the case element and being able to use it as a work station on game days.

• Root Admin

That's the giggle mate.

My point being Pelican cases are nice, and I'm sure they live up to their very high standard of protection but for airsoft they're absolute overkill - £2k worth of guns or not, you're looking at a £200 case. Buy a £100 clone and spend the other £100 on some custom foam inserts if you like.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.