0.25 Tracer Ammo

lafta

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So far I have been using ASG blaster 0.25 tracer rounds. AirsoftZone do them at £11 for 3k if you buy at least 3 bottles.

Any other recommendations? Bulk deals, better quality?

Thanks

• Head Moderator

The value is in the pretty colours flashing through the air in a low-light or dark environment ;) I have only seen them used during indoor CQB.

They are useful for marking where targets are located, and you can often see the tracer BBs bounce off players so you know they they are in range and have been hit (even if the player does not). Conversely they do give away you position.

• Supporters

I bought some Madbull 0.25g Tracer BB's but i have still not used them. I have seen tracer ammo used to great effect during night games though, ie being able to see exactly where your fire is going which is good for:

1) adjusting your aim to make hits on targets in partial cover;

2) accurately rattling someone's cover so they keep their head down while a team mate scoots up and pops them at close range;

3) preventing cheating.
I have also been told that if you fire tracer ammo without a tracer illuminating unit in your faux suppressor, mag, or hop up chamber, if you are using an IR illuminator and NVG the tracer BB becomes visible to you but not those without NVG.

I personally can't fault the 0.25 Blasters, used these in a night game earlier in the year, found them very useful at dusk when firing at targets underneath woodland coverings - gave you much better sight in the travel of your BB. When it was full darkness, again, really useful as you can see the direction of the travel, gave you confidence of what you were firing at, as mentioned though, did give away my position, but blast & move kept me ahead of the opposition ;-).

I use the TM tracer unit with my Devgru 416. What I did notice with this unit was that the light emitted from the unit did seem to be a tad less than other variant of tracers that were being used on the evening. Cool piece of kit & worth the money imho.

Mike

• Supporters

I use the TM tracer unit with my Devgru 416. What I did notice with this unit was that the light emitted from the unit did seem to be a tad less than other variant of tracers that were being used on the evening. Cool piece of kit & worth the money imho.

Mike

Said it before and will say it again best tracer unit is the Xcortech X3300w in every way except battery life, thats a bitch.

Said it before and will say it again best tracer unit is the Xcortech X3300w in every way except battery life, thats a bitch.

Going to give this a try. The Marui one is definitely under powered.

You must have a duff one then.

The only tracer I have seen work better than a Marui is the Xcortech and I have tried most of them.

Could be but I've seen other Marui units in action and they are pretty much the same as mine.

Maybe the brighter units I've seen are Xcortech?

• Supporters

Since the OP seems satisfied with the thread outcome so far, I thought it'd be OK to broaden the scope of discussion a bit and ask everyone this: has anyone bothered trying to mix tracer and standard ammo in the same mag, real world stylee, say 1 in 5 light up? If so, how did you do it and how did it go?

I thought of 2 ways of doing it that would make the distribution accurate:

1) I have an old skool "speedloader", which came with my Ares L1A1 SLR - it consists of a 42cm long tube, with a slightly flared fitting on 1 end and a feed tube type fitting on the other, with a simple rod plunger, into which you stack BB's and then use the plunger to press them into the mag (which is why speedloader is in quotes above);

2) you could use 2 speedloaders, 1 holding each type of ammo - a light press for 1 tracer BB, followed by a full press for 4 standard BB's...

Of course you could also roughly mix the right quantities of each into a single speedloader and trust to statistics that they would load on average 1 in 5, but unless you were in a support weapon role firing loads, i expect that there would be many instances where the average would work out as something like 2 tracers followed by 8 standard which could balls up many a 'creep forward for a better angle' type plans...

• Root Admin

For my M249 I'll likely just be dumping 2000 normal and 500 tracers in there before giving it a good shake. Should work out fine!

Problem with using two speedloadsers that I can see is it's incredibly hard to just eject a single BB without the one behind it rolling out onto the floor. Maybe hand load the single tracers and use the speedloader for the rest? I guess with a midcap that's pretty hard though as the tension increases.

• Supporters

For my M249 I'll likely just be dumping 2000 normal and 500 tracers in there before giving it a good shake. Should work out fine!

Problem with using two speedloadsers that I can see is it's incredibly hard to just eject a single BB without the one behind it rolling out onto the floor. Maybe hand load the single tracers and use the speedloader for the rest? I guess with a midcap that's pretty hard though as the tension increases.

Just use the tube and rod type loaders.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.