Which would be better?

LazzurusMan

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So looking online I've found not one, ut TWO sets of full fighting order Osprey MkIV vests, one that apparently includes random pouches for less than the one that doesn't.

My biggest concern is that the more expencive one without pouches is sold by a reputable surplus store online, while the cheaper one is on amazon....and called a Max fuch MKIV osprey.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00YLV5RRA/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_2?pf_rd_p=569136327&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B00K7CBV0E&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=1S3NXPYGYW06GN17554R

Anyone know if that's the real deal or not? Everything I find about Max fuch is the same, German retailer, same photo's, no reviews or full descriptions of the kit.

• Head Moderator

Having looked at the Max Fuchs website, they appear to be a wholesale supplier of genuine army surplus and not some crap china clones. So could be worth a punt.

• Supporters

I don't think there even is a chinese clone of the Osprey in existence; no real demand.

IMHO, having worn one along with many better modern plate carriers, it's an awful, awful load carrying option for airsoft unless you're doing a Brit mil impression, but each to their own.

well I ended up getting one of ebay for less than £30, then another £10 on a pistol holster.

Turns out I don't need the pouches etc as my brother has got me a load.

And from my experience with a friends osprey I really like them. I wanted to go for the heavy, well armoured british look.

• Supporters

'Heavy looks' are great, until you actually try and run around in them all day or for multiple days.

A bit further down the line when you're a bit more in to the gear addiction and have the inevitable itch to buy something in a different camo pattern, look around for some way you can try out something like a Warrior Recon or a JPC.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.