Tracer unit

sniperslucky

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi All,

I'm looking to get a tracer unit but the ones i've found have a 14mm thread, do only certain guns come with a thread or can you get an adapter say for an M4 type barrel.

Some guns have different sizes and CW or CCW threads. Generally you can get an adapter but there are a few odd makes where its not possible. For example I struggled with a G&G rifle which had an odd size compatible with little.

Ok, being newb at this sport as all you pro's like to call us. The answer and best advice someone could of posted was. GO LOOK AT THE BARREL AND TRY TO UNSCREW IT TO SEE IF THERE A THREAD . eeeerrrrrrr

Sacarathe here to help or don't post

i have and i do have a 14mm thread. Thanks for the help

• Supporters

Ok, being newb at this sport as all you pro's like to call us. The answer and best advice someone could of posted was. GO LOOK AT THE BARREL AND TRY TO UNSCREW IT TO SEE IF THERE A THREAD . eeeerrrrrrr

Just check to see if its counterclockwise most are but you do get the odd one that isnt.

Tracer units are generally ccw.

Do you have more information. For any thread you have it will either have a clockwise (cw) or counter clockwise (ccw) thread. This is the direction parts screw on. Remove your flash hider to find out. You need a matching direction thread to fit a tracer which will replace your flash hider.

Carrel thanks i did just find that out with the flash hider its 14mm and ccw, so tracer is ordered.

Just needed a poke in the right direction as i've sprayed my M4(camo) and didn't realise that the flash hider came off to reveal a thread

• Head Moderator

To the OP. Your initial post did not contain very much relevant information. It is always more useful when asking for help to give some pertinent details. For example, do you have a G&G Combat Machine M4 or are you looking at buy a JBBG SpazMonkey - this will help forum members identify a particular make/model which they may have experience of. It is like asking for advice about new alloy wheels on your car; what make, model, year, wheel size, so that people can properly answer the question.

As has been stated, most guns have a thread either CCW or CW so looking at the thread would help determine if A, you have one, and B, which type.

Wait wait wait, now hang on a minute, are you saying that you were able to answer your own question within the last hour or two? That's generally less time than I spend trying to figure something out before I start a thread. I'd bet the same is true of most adults.

The moment you post a question online you are no longer just using your own [research] time, you're exponentially using the time of others.

That said, noting what Jedi_Master said above, I stand by my earlier answers (although the first reply was meant to be a humorous nudge to get you to actually ask an intelligible question without passively insulting you by asking you directly to do just that - hence the 'sneaky' emote).

Hey, not knowing all the parts and there names i thought that the flash hider was a fixed moulded metal part never dawned on me to think it actually came off, hence the cryptic Q? as i would of spent hours searching for some type of adapter to fit the end.

I would of been quite happy for someone to just say " Try unscrewing the flash hider you idiot " then i would of been on my way :) . Whilst on the subject any other part of an M4 apart from the RIS rails that comes off that dos'nt pop out at ya so i don't ask any other silly Q?.

Make model serial number it was a DBoys M4 ( I love it) :wub:

Hey, not knowing all the parts and there names i thought that the flash hider was a fixed moulded metal part never dawned on me to think it actually came off, hence the cryptic Q? as i would of spent hours searching for some type of adapter to fit the end.

I would of been quite happy for someone to just say " Try unscrewing the flash hider you idiot " then i would of been on my way :) . Whilst on the subject any other part of an M4 apart from the RIS rails that comes off that dos'nt pop out at ya so i don't ask any other silly Q?.

Make model serial number it was a DBoys M4 ( I love it) :wub:

P.S. pointed in the right direction i have a brain.

Point and shoot.

So you say, but do you have eyes? (ps: edit post button) ;)

PPS anyone seen my other tiresome post about the G3 SAS stock cap ( if thats the right part)

• Supporters

Army R85 is CW - i think

but nigh on most stuff is CCW

(check just in case there is a tiny tiny grub screw on flash hider before ya muller it off)

ps - some brands of tracer units are crap

heard the big dragon ones don't last too long

tight fisted saddo's with time on their hands make their own with uv leds & jb weld

price up tracer bb's, not as cheap as normal 0.20's if ya like to spray n pray a lot

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.