Fittness for airsoft

Standbystandby

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys and girls.

I have been airsofting for just over a year now and loving it. I got into airsoft after suffering an injury whilst competing in my previous much loved sport. Anyway having always been into fitness dependant hobbies/ sports I was plesently surprised how much fitness plays a role in airsoft. I have recently started a fitness programme which has been designed to get me "fighting fit" for airsoft. I was wondering how many others do any sort of fitness to improve their airsoft experience. I honestly didn't appreciate how physical airsoft can be.

• Supporters

I practice my fitness for airsoft by repeatedly running into walls. I find its the best preparation I can have I usually start training about a week before a normal skirmish and at least a month before a big event.

To jazz it up I occasionally throw in a few suicide slides. I have almost cracked the embarrassed did anybody see that ninja jump up now.

I work as a Strength & Conditioning coach, I have coached people for lots of sports and a few for military service. I was toying with the idea recently about making a few Youtube videos on fitness for Airsoft or writing an article for Airsoft action if they wanted it.

At the end of the day, the fitter you are the more capable an airsofter you are. Not always a better airsofter, but you broaden your abilities.

I work as a Strength & Conditioning coach, I have coached people for lots of sports and a few for military service. I was toying with the idea recently about making a few Youtube videos on fitness for Airsoft or writing an article for Airsoft action if they wanted it.

At the end of the day, the fitter you are the more capable an airsofter you are. Not always a better airsofter, but you broaden your abilities.

Having a spare £2000 does help though.

You don't need the gym get yourself down to a park in your combats and spend 30mins doing sprints crawling and the likes of what moves you would perform at airsoft.

Locals may call the police seeing acting like a looney but the run from them will also help your fitness

• Head Moderator

My wife has just signed me up to the local fitness centre to get me fighting fit, trimmer, and stronger. Oh joy. For the same money I could buy a new TM recoil and all the extra mags and attachments plus have some skirmish money left over. No matter how fit, I will still get hit and covered in welts, and take longer to recover from a Sunday game than I did 20 years ago.

• Supporters

My wife has just signed me up to the local fitness centre to get me fighting fit, trimmer, and stronger. Oh joy. For the same money I could buy a new TM recoil and all the extra mags and attachments plus have some skirmish money left over. No matter how fit, I will still get hit and covered in welts, and take longer to recover from a Sunday game than I did 20 years ago.

Could be worse mate I havent played since the start of November and I am still recovering. Getting older isnt much fun.

• Moderators

even Ai are now putting articles about fitness in....

it could help me....if I got time to go back tot he gym!...., jumping up and through windows,...i struggled last time but there was a guy who liked his back used as a step which helped!

Cheers I'll in g Rd b I min no government ml myjmutdhn in hch gg in h lignum

Hmm putting phone in pocket without locking the screen is a thing lol.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.