Cow & Gate section

ImTriggerHappy
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Head Moderator

Some people. Any more of this I am aiming for the happy sacks in 5 weeks time.

My happy sacks bruise very easily. Is there any special airsoft clothing I can wear that will stop the welts but keep them fresh and tacticool?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Head Moderator

How about another section for sarcastic know it alls?

Bet you still had a little smirk at at least one of those posts though :)

"forum needs more moderation"

"moderators volunteer their time, its precious and limited"

/me reading between the lines

"but that does not mean we're admiting there's a deficit to be filled."

Though in all fairness, unless devastator resurfaces it's not going to improve. There's just not enough sub forums, and far far too many threads which ought be moved to more appropriate organisation locations (whether or not those locations exist yet).

Off the top of my head I can think of 10 useful subforums and identify 20 for the chop.

Oh wait, is this not the rant thread? Damn that forum search.

• Moderators

anyone heard of the new protective contact lenses with ballistic rating, I just cant see them anywhere online....

Jedi with the morale patches, peel off the back, add double sided tape an stick to the fuzzy stuff you find on your top, hat or string vest :)

• Head Moderator

anyone heard of the new protective contact lenses with ballistic rating, I just cant see them anywhere online...

Will my new protective contact lenses fog up? Should I get the mesh version instead?

• Moderators

you'll need the microfan version ones to aid fogging, mesh ones i suggest firing a gun point black to see if they work as its very fine woven.... :rolleyes:

Right now I have an actual serious question that I think belongs here.

Will my blanky stop the BB's hurting me?

• Head Moderator

Will my blanky stop the BB's hurting me?

If you suck your thumb and visibly hold blanky in your other hand then you should be OK. Could also depend on how large and think blanky is, maybe a poncho style one would help.

Well instead of just hiding it under my clothes and using it in the corner when people are being mean to me and not letting me win I might run around clutching it and sucking my thumb, then I'll be unstopabble and no-one can hurt me or be mean or nuffning, yay!!

• Head Moderator

Actually a rant thread is a great idea.

I have so much to say

Well we could always resurrect this thread - http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/5375-the-angry-thread/?hl=rant - but it is angry not a rant one.

• Head Moderator

So if a team member throws a grenade and it accidently bounces back into our team and explodes, then that does not really count because it was like meant for the enemy team and not us? It is not fair to have to take the hit just because it was a friendly accident :( really just the same as not having to take the hit when you get shot by another player on your team, just saying.

• Root Admin

I suppose not, but it's a slippery slope that I could see - in circumstances - leading to players just being a bit too willy-nilly with nades and perhaps even transferring that to shooting too (and friendly fire not being 'counted'). If it's just on grenades then I can't see too much of an issue other than it perhaps being abused slightly in CQB where proximities are a lot closers and unscrupulous individuals may use it to get a couple of cheap kills on a room they might not otherwise have thrown their pyro into.

• Root Admin

Yes. Walk back to the safe zone. Also stepping on BBs is considered a hit.

In fact I prefer biodegradable BBs as over time their decomposition works its way into the Earth meaning that anyone who sets foot on the site or so much as touches a tree is therefore out of the game.

• Head Moderator

At the safety briefing the marshall said there was no bang rule on site, yet players were definately using pyro that went bang. So if no BBs hit me it means I am not hit and yet this guy got real angry saying he threw a grenade and I was hit even though it just went bang and no BBs came out of it. I tried to explain to him that there was no a bang rule allowed, but I could not remember the other part about surrendering because I was talking to my mate during the briefing. Anyway, this player just did not get the no bang rule so I shot him, and then he argued about taking the hit but like I was only a couple of feet away so how could he just ignore the hit, especially after getting the bang rule wrong. Some people are so stoopid ;). Should I tell the marshall to enforce their no bang rule better?

If I post a question thread. I find I get more help if I write the title in caps and include the words "please help" or "urgent", especially when the topic title is unclear and gives no inclination as to my question

• 4 weeks later...

Archived