What is the maximum power limit for an electric two tone rifle?

Trios

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Every site is different, but if it shoots at 1 joule with 0.2g BBs - which will be at 328 feet per second or 100 metres per second, you should never encounter a problem.

As far as the govt is concerned, a gun with 2.5 joules of muzzle force should not be able to shoot on auto (note this is not a law).

Normally here it is 350 fps with 0.2g BBs or 1.14 Joules.

Note this is for the UK, in some countries the 1 joule limit for automatics (or as in japan all airsoft guns) is enforced by the govt, in others (eg america) the normal automatic power is capped at 1.5J - but again not for all sites.

Are you a noobie at google too?

EDIT:

Well, many have the same Muzzle force limits, but you can't know in advance without checking.

Edited by Sacarathe

• Head Moderator

The max fps limit for an AEG is whatever it can produce. However, if you mean what is the normal site limit for an AEG, the normal site limit is max 350 fps or for CQB 330 fps. All fps measurments are based on using 0.20g BB. It is the site's choice of limit and readings based on their own chronograph, possibly with some variance allowed. An AEG used as Dedicated Marksman Rifle (DMR) will normally have a max of 450 fps with a safety Minimum Engagement Distance (MED) of 20 metres, yet again site rules apply.

So a shop could test the AEG and give you a different fps reading to your own chrono and more importantly differ from the site chrono measurment.

OP your question is about two tone airsoft guns: note that the physical nature of the "gun", is entirely irrelevant, that is it's status as a Realistic Imitation Firearm or a Initiation Firearm (two tone and others).

If you had a gearbox and barrel attached to a 2 by 4 with duct tape and nails which no one could mistake for a gun it'd still have to comply.

• Supporters

bloody rare that one - most of their $hit is a FANTASTIC 245fps

what probably happened is import spec to US - often with a m110/120 spring

or likely a m110 which normally so-so seals = 350 but longer barrel has crept up to 380

heard some peeps have drilled a pin prick hole in nozzle

if m4 a small o-ring wrong side of hop to push away from gearbox to lose a good seal to bring down fps

(could loosen the ak hop and see if she could shift forward a smidge losing a bit of fps)

could leave gun half cocked over weekend but doubt if you would lose 30fps - that is quite a bit

might end up needing to put in a m95 or m100 spring in there

really need to test spring to suss out what it might be in a QD box like UAR

Then test & select another spring aprox 30fps lower in UAR

that should then drop you down to 350-ish for UK sites

absolute bollock ache having a gun you can't use out of box from some muppet store

the fact it says 350-380 in description and being JBBG means little to stand on and f*ck all customer support

a site might have a nice friendly techy to assist you with the downgrade perhaps ????

• Supporters

Forgive me for asking but are you using .20g BB's? somethings making me think with a JBBG you could be using .12g

I did wonder that too

but description said it varies 350-380

and I am assuming the site might have given him an ak mag of .20's at chrono

but yup as Mack said - ya bb's are 0.20's or are they cheapy 0.12's flying all over the place

soz it goes 340 to 390 - not only do they lie n bull$hit - more than moi

but haven't a clue - bit like moi....

https://www.justbbguns.co.uk/product/549/2-TONE-GUNS-PRO/466/2-TONE-AEG-RIFLE/594/SRC-PRO-AK47-AIRSOFT-GUN

Ok just for clarity I was using 0.20g bb bullets but if you read this site it will tell you that not by law the fps is defined but by the ACPO which means if I do have possesion of the gun and say I brought it to an air soft skirmish I could face a mandatory imprisonment of up to five years!

http://ukapu.org.uk/wp/?page_id=504#Power Limits and the Firearms Act

Ok just for clarity I was using 0.20g bb bullets but if you read this site it will tell you that not by law the fps is defined but by the ACPO (Association of Chief Police Officers) which means if I do have possesion of the gun and say I brought it to an air soft skirmish I could face a mandatory imprisonment of up to five years!

In 2011. Just because you're looking at the meaning of an acronym, does not mean everyone automagically knows too. Can a moderator move this thread to the UK law forum?

• Supporters

Ok just for clarity I was using 0.20g bb bullets but if you read this site it will tell you that not by law the fps is defined but by the ACPO which means if I do have possesion of the gun and say I brought it to an air soft skirmish I could face a mandatory imprisonment of up to five years!

What a load of shit. The threshold for lethality for an airsoft gun has NOT yet been defined in law, an airsoft gun shooting over 1.3J auto is not a section five firearm, it's an airsoft gun. The legal limit for an air gun (which an airsoft gun pretty much is...) at the moment is 12ft/lbs, which you cannot achieve with an airsoft gun.

Firearms law for the UK is being revamped at the moment and there has recently been a consultation which will most likely result in the 'lethality' threshold for an airsoft gun being set at 1.3J, but that's not yet happened.

A 390fps 2-tone is perfectly legal, though not within site limits for any site that I know of. If you want it to be site legal you'll need to get the spring changed.

What a load of sh*t. The threshold for lethality for an airsoft gun has NOT yet been defined in law, an airsoft gun shooting over 1.3J auto is not a section five firearm, it's an airsoft gun. The legal limit for an air gun (which an airsoft gun pretty much is...) at the moment is 12ft/lbs, which you cannot achieve with an airsoft gun.

Firearms law for the UK is being revamped at the moment and there has recently been a consultation which will most likely result in the 'lethality' threshold for an airsoft gun being set at 1.3J, but that's not yet happened.

A 390fps 2-tone is perfectly legal, though not within site limits for any site that I know of. If you want it to be site legal you'll need to get the spring changed.

I'm afraid you can get more than 12 ftlbs out of an airsoft rifle...

• Supporters

Believe what you like.....

It always amuses me thst just because someone has or can build something what better than someone else, they call bulshit.

Funny thing is I cant find any definite proof anywhere that anyone has got an airsoft gun even close to that.

I doubt even using the high pressure air system and one of the high pressure/high flow rate regulators at work I could build a rig that would chuck a 0.2g bb out at that rate.

If I am wrong and you have then much kudos.

Edit: Actually I changed my mind if by some miracle (did Jesus bless your valves) that readings right then its just bad for airsoft. Enough people post things like that on the internet then I guarantee airsoft guns will get banned.

If we get back on topic... The title of this thread clearly states electric Airsoft gun, not HPA. I stick with my previous comment that 12ft/lbs is not achievable within the limits of an electric airsoft gun.

Fixed for you. ;)

Or is that just so I don't bring up railguns.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.