mesh goggles question

kolbaser

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

so i bought these mesh goggles and they just came in today. they seem alright but then i noticed that htere was a gap near the frame. see pic. what are your thoughts on this? is this a big issues worth returning the goggles for? how dangerous would it be to use it? please give me your thoughts... thanks

post-12313-0-79639900-1450258511_thumb.jpg

Email them with the picture, and tell them there not fit for purpose, site will reject them.

Hopefully they will just send you another pair.

• Head Moderator

Personally I would return them and get another pair. Use search function and type the word 'mesh', there was a thread on 06 December about mesh goggles with some useful pictures, etc.

http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/29158-mesh-eyepro/?hl=mesh

These ones allow more light into goggle and offer more coverage:

http://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/kingrin-desert-locusts-goggles-steel-mesh-model-black

Personally, i would never use mesh goggles, in fact they are banned in Poland. Mesh goggles are too risky because of spalling, even though mesh could stop the bb, small fragment can chip off and hit You in the eye.

You have only one pair of eyes, get Yourself some decend goggles.

• Supporters

Personally, i would never use mesh goggles, in fact they are banned in Poland. Mesh goggles are too risky because of spalling, even though mesh could stop the bb, small fragment can chip off and hit You in the eye.

You have only one pair of eyes, get Yourself some decend goggles.

Mesh is fine.

If the bb does break up and do through it doesnt do any real harm because all the energy is removed. Quick rinse with some eyewash and back at it.

Mesh is fine.

If the bb does break up and do through it doesnt do any real harm because all the energy is removed. Quick rinse with some eyewash and back at it.

If You want to use mesh goggles, suit yourself. I'm just saying that i won't wear them, because in my opinion they are too dangerous.

• Head Moderator

You should wear contacts under those glasses just to be sure! :ph34r:

Or a pair of goggles over the mesh ones to stop bits going through the holes ;)

• Supporters

Yeah, I've had a fragment of BB get through my Heroshark Makos - it was just like sand in my eye at the beach - i went back to the safezone, resisted the urge to rub my eye, rinsed it with 2 handfuls of clean water, put the goggles back on and went back to the game...

I suspect that had i rubbed it, i would have got a scratch on the surface of my eye, which if you've ever had one you'll know, is a real pain in the hole for days...

My honest opinion would be save some pennies and buy some dye i4s, ess turbo fans or similar make, no chance of any fragments getting in and no fogging 😊

• 2 weeks later...

I never really got a decent paintball mask as i spent most my time marshelling so never really got fogged up.

Those ESS Turbo Fans look the part. Think i will invest in a pair. To be honest looking at those mesh goggles did make me question how safe they were, i mean, im sure they are safe but i wouldnt feel comfortable wearing them.

Yes but at 350fps and much further away they will be fine also the make has an impact too

Remember snipers Run at 500fps and when aiming down a sight they will not always see a chap walk oblivious past them a few meters away so could inadvertently shoot them at very close range.

A sniper would not be aiming at a person less than 30m away.... Which is why I stated inadvertently... As in unintentionally. An accident is an unplanned event, not a planned one.

Yes but at close range most people aim at the chest

Do they really; How can you tell?

Ok

Have you tried the same test on normal goggels

What would be the point?

Rated goggles will do what they are supposed to.

I do wear Mesh goggles myself after getting a bit of fogging/sweating even with my Bolles. I've got the Nuprol mesh goggles which IMO are a bit better quality than the ultra cheap Ebay ones which are cranked out from some sweatshop in China. Even if the mesh was to get dented it would have don it's job and it would be time to get a new pair. I've seen the quality control on cheap unbranded chinese knock-offs and the variance between even two items from the same production run is quite eye-opening (no pun intended.) You may get a good pair, you may not. For something such as a sling or a fore-grip, the consequences of failure are minimal. You can't say the same about protection and safety gear.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.