Some firehawk guidance please

Jay85

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

I totally get that, but it wouldn't be my primary all the time I'm messing with it! Once I get the parts, I've got time to mess around with it! I'm quite certain I'm sticking with G&G, if I were to go for a longer model, what would you suggest?

Already said, CM 18 or SR range or FFR as they got fet's in the last 2

These are rear wired

The GC16 30th is nice but front wired

CM18 looks a little like a longer Firehawk but without the noisy duck amplifier

Same flip sights but in 2-tone, 275 barrel I think

Crap mid cap mag, flash hider nah that g36 style for suppressor screw on just don't work for me though

But sexy looking 2-tone all the same

The later SR n FFR have new receivers without the vivid white CM lettering n have 3 rnd burst fet in there

Not got one very tempted though

Many have and are very pleased with em

Bot300 has a normal MOSFET and still CM receiver

But it is up to you but that is my take on G&G's up to say £160-£180

After you get into £200+ I think other guns need to be considered as well

Dude, that is awesome!! Most if not all of what I needed to know! I'm not beyond putting a longer barrel in with a silencer to protect it! But that deffo gives me a starting point!

FYI physics dictate with no hop applied a maximum theoretical range of 50m at 350fps taken from an average shouldered height, and that is relying on perfect world situations ie no wind, 0% humidity, low temperature, low air pressure etc.

90-100m would not be possible on a site legal gun in the UK, as you would be needing 4.5J of energy, which roughly translates to 700fps on a 0.2g bb.

• Supporters

Dude, that is awesome!! Most if not all of what I needed to know! I'm not beyond putting a longer barrel in with a silencer to protect it! But that deffo gives me a starting point!

If you put in a much longer barrel & silencer/suppressor then you ruin the look & concept of the FireHawk....

About a 140mm of some mp5k's "should" be do able as is

But people have taken a FireHawk put a longer barrel on and it just looks wrong....

Raider Short is about 233 already known common as muck CM receiver but well proven no mosfet of course

FFR A2 is about 260mm - this was one I had my eye on @ £155 but was out of stock on black friday 15% discount

(same size barrel as SR-L but £30 cheaper - maybe outer barrel is polymer vs metal on SR range)

SR-S is about 205mm

300BOT is 205mm but just basic mosfet CM receiver

CM18 is 275mm no mosfet CM receiver but sexy black/tan or tan/black

Going too nutz and spending money on exterior could be spent on hop/bucking which is where you get the range/accuracy from.

Try not to reinvent the wheel, consider all options and get the correct base gun for your requirements.

What with G&G doing an extensive range it can be a bit tough choosing just one though but inside they are nigh all the same just different cosmetic externals

my pick would be the FFR A2 ATU 3rnd burst mosfet atm as value for money - 260mm barrel without vivid CM receiver

but as said I haven't got one - but wish I had got one for about £135 with discount on BF :(

LWA might have some in stock but I'm trying to ease up buying more stuff I never get round to using

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.