Some firehawk guidance please

Jay85

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys and gals,

I'm after some (a lot) of guidance reference a G&G Firehawk. Basically I'm getting one from the Mrs for xmas, I'm aware that as standard I'll be outranged during woodland games, I have about 160 to 200 extra to buy a second gearbox to build with updated parts to drop in at a later date. What I need is some guidance on what parts I need to get it up to 350fps with a decent range 80-90m, 25+ rps and to be reliable! (If this is even possible) I know I'll need a mech box (are there different makes or are they all generic?), piston, piston head and topper, gear set (no idea what makes are good or what ratio) motor (again no idea) hop rubber and bucking (and once again, no idea! Seeing a trend here?) basically I'm compentant in stripping and rebuilding gearboxes and the aeg itself but I don't know which brand of parts to go for and it's something that I haven't got the time to research (usually I'd spend months researching everything, but xmas is just around the corner)

Please don't think I'm being lazy, I'm not but I'm aware there is a wealth of knowledge on here so am after tapping into that.

Just to push my luck and your patients a little further links would be massively appreciated.

Thanks in advance guys

J

Honestly? As silly as it may sound to some it's because I want to build a firehawk, knowing I've stripped and built it myself adds something that buying a better guy won't fulfill. Also I won't have to be delicate with it as I would subconsciously if I spent over £300 on one of those 😝 If I break the receiver or anything I can always just purchase another one and drop my parts in!

Also I plan on using it as standard and building the gearbox and getting a barrel to pop in later on as and when I'm ready or the gun internals go!

aye, the Krytac is an awesome gun, love mine and has fantastic range/accuracy. The Firehawk is just a bunch of noise and not huge performance.

Honestly? As silly as it may sound to some it's because I want to build a firehawk, knowing I've stripped and built it myself adds something that buying a better guy won't fulfill. Also I won't have to be delicate with it as I would subconsciously if I spent over £300 on one of those If I break the receiver or anything I can always just purchase another one and drop my parts in!

Also I plan on using it as standard and building the gearbox and getting a barrel to pop in later on as and when I'm ready or the gun internals go!

ahh fair enough, although I still think the firehawk is not much of a gun!

aye, the Krytac is an awesome gun, love mine and has fantastic range/accuracy. The Firehawk is just a bunch of noise and not huge performance.

Have you used a firehawk? i know the krytac is good but it's not the route I wanted to go 😊

I've played with one, although not skirmished it, just shot it on the range at our site. I get having a project gun, just think there are better looking and better sounding guns to play with. There are certainly better performing guns, but you'd be fixing that so irrelevant :-) My opinion is just that though so please don't be put off if it is what you want to do, I quite like the little ICS Concept Rifles, small and funky but pretty well built internals too.

As it goes I prefer the small guns, I was actually tempted to turn my Krytac PDW into a 420fps semi only beast but a mate sorted me out with his Krytac SPR so turning that into an airsoft "DMR" and keeping my PDW as a secondary for my sniper loadout.

Like I said all input is appreciated, ICS? Is that the krytac? Basically for me, taking something crappy like the firehawk (not that crappy) and turning it into something custom and awesome that no one else has is my idea of a hobby away from a skirmish :)

Like I said all input is appreciated, ICS? Is that the krytac? Basically for me, taking something crappy like the firehawk (not that crappy) and turning it into something custom and awesome that no one else has is my idea of a hobby away from a skirmish :)

what you planning on doing to it to make it so "unique"?

See that's what I need to know lol the firehawk is meant to have a standard range of 50m what could I expect to get it up to?

with 350fps on 0.2g BBs but utilising heavier weight BBs if you got the hop as awesome as the TM VSR then maybe just maybe able to hit 60m usefully but physics will only allow so much. A 500 fps sniper would be very lucky to make a 100m shot on target, even 90m is rare.

• Supporters

HPA Firehawk cranked up??

SERIOUSLY long range Firehawk ?

What ya gonna use for cqb - SVD ???

All the FireHawk is a friggin loud Combat Machine with a MP5k barrel in it. Mainly for short/medium range at best

30 to 55m say if lucky

HC05 - don't bother no semi

STD FireHawk has a 8tooth bevel as the reason why it fires slower than Top Tech one as its gearing is about 22:1 I discovered

CM18, GC 16 30th, FFR or SRS to SRL or SRXL

(What happened to a SRM for medium)

FFR + SR range have 3rnd burst fet

300bot just a plain fet in there

They would be my choice ones to consider

By all means grab a FireHawk

But they are not as good as you first might think

Plus sounds great but all day in cqb it gets on ya nerves

That is my take on them, they are nice but don't want people getting one for wrong reasons

Your money your choice but if you want it better money and above all time, but still won't be taking out snipers it ain't gonna happen

CQB badass & short-med engagements is its limit

agree.

But also, a short gun can be a long range gun in airsoft.... people assume that a long barrel gets range, in a real firearm it helps but in airsoft not so much so (yes it can stabilize a BB but short airsoft guns can do long range and accuracy!!).

• Supporters

agree.

But also, a short gun can be a long range gun in airsoft.... people assume that a long barrel gets range, in a real firearm it helps but in airsoft not so much so (yes it can stabilize a BB but short airsoft guns can do long range and accuracy!!).

Yep but a firehawk is basically an over sized pistol (a sh*t one).

Your krytac PDW on the other hand 😍

The main reason I've chosen the firehawk is that the Mrs will not let me spend £300+ on an aeg, however £130 on an aeg and lots of parts on the other hand seem ok 😖 Surly with the right build inside, the firehawk can be made to perform as well as the krytac? Or am I missing something?

• Supporters

In a similar position, if I buy another gun my balls are gone

A shipload of receivers, gearboxes, barrels is not quite as bad.

Yes it can perform very well it us true

Only real lucky guru's get the very very best out of guns I think

BUT the sad fact is it is not quite that easy I have come to realise. A few times everything works well or better than before I still put down to a sprinkling of luck

Coz sometimes I have done similar stuff and got crap results - poor feed, crap range accuracy than expected

I still have so much to learn. That thing I learnt very very early on

£130 Firehawk where I thought they were £140

£140 FireHawk or £155 other models

I'd consider going for a slightly longer model

I totally get that, but it wouldn't be my primary all the time I'm messing with it! Once I get the parts, I've got time to mess around with it! I'm quite certain I'm sticking with G&G, if I were to go for a longer model, what would you suggest?

• Supporters

For G&G owners if you want to beef up your CM....

SHS Red nozzle, these can be a bit long for some v2 boxes

But it depends on how thick the front of your gearbox is.

Some cheaper boxes may only be 2.65mm at very front

Others I have just recently found are 3.15 thick

So certain nozzles may not feed or seal well

A long AK nozzle can be about 20.75mm

Still a tad too short me thinks

SHS Red are nearly 21.5mm so might need filing for some builds to get the perfect balance of higher speed feed and sealing

Again still so much to learn but try to match existing crap nozzle to new nozzle this is an absolute must !!!

Piston head is crap, dunno but never really got perfect compression with G&G heads so a cheap plastic POM piston head is wise.

Cylinder head change if need to if PTFE don't work well

Correct AoE with neoprene or neo/sorbo mix

STD FireHawk gears seem to be 22:1 due to 8 tooth bevel

Other CM's are 18:1

So if you find STD FH gears suck change maybe to a 16:1 set whilst you are about it

MOSFET is wise along with deans, Firestorm is a good cheap one to go with

But tbh change the vs0 stock for a stubby is what I have done on many of mine

Motor if fetted - SHS torque or Big Dragon m160 will give insane results on 7.4v

That will get you into 20rps+ easily but keep it to Max of 25

If going nutz also change out bronzey 8mm bushings for steel ones coz they do wear out quick if you wanna push it

There other options but that is the sort of stuff I do

Barrel n hop, clean it polish with silicone but we'll away from hop unit

A slightly longer barrel will help bb stabilise a little and boost fps a tiny smidge

Often very short barrels produce slightly lower fps than the 250 or 350 barrels

Hence trying to get the 110-120 barrel shooting way down the field is pushing it a little

Yes it can be done or improved upon but usually the more accurate guns start with say a 250 to 350 barrel

Often adding a poor longer barrel will not be as good as sweet medium barrel

Hop unit is OK, bucking is quite good but might if you really want to stay at FH size squeeze a smidge longer barrel say 140 in there and try out new steel hop and experiment with bucking/nubs a bit

But still don't think it will totally dominate the field as it was not really designed for longer range engagements

Bit like going on motorway with a beefed up moped

Sure you can do it but think you would want something designed for the longer high speed touring

Round town, yeah nutter dominoes pizza badboy but M1 ergh no it ain't really gonna work that great

Hopefully you will understand what all the above bollox means - I started waffling and just got lost typing all that $hit

Best of luck

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.