Pretty new to airsoft, looking for advice..

JonathanHull1988

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys. New to airsoft.. Played quite a few times now stopped over Xmas period due to me and my partner just having a baby. Recently got my UKARA. It's been a nightmare trying to find a gun which I want to purchase. I play at NTAC which is an outdoor CQB site. Hired a G36 from themselves each visit although I do like the G36, the M14 & M4 has always been a favourite for me. What can people tell me about the G&G M14 SOC and also the WE Europe M4a1 AEG. I know that the G&G would be pretty much stock based with red dot and silencer as add on potential. As for the m4a1 loads of potential for upgrades. Sorry for the Noob post.

• Supporters

welcome - cqb & m14 at nearly 1m length or more

think common as muck m4 platform might be wiser first choice perhaps

can't comment on those guns as I don't own 'em

but if you have your heart set on m14 - go for it

just pointing out often we think we want THAT GUN but more often than not

we find out later - hmmm maybe not - R85 is one of mine that has never been out to play

AK's - very little use as I just can't get on with the fire select like my M4's

that is just me though

the best thing is to see if you can get ya hands on a gun your are thinking of buying

very often you will soon know if you & gun are compatible or not

so despit what me & others might say/think - try and hold one ADS, see how it feels etc

Thanks for the reply, yeah I was going to say I know it's best to get a feel of the gun and test it out first but I won't be back till new year and alot of the guys at my site are using the g&g cm16 SRL. But im not keen on the look. I know I shouldn't be biased on how the gun looks rather than performs but I can't get my head around anything else other than classic m4a1 style and the m14 Soc. Can't find much reviews or players using either. With a £200-250 budget people still recommended TM n that for likes of £300. As for Airsoft retailers it's a cannie drive to either Patrol Base in Huddersfield or Landwarrior in Edinburgh. Will it be worth the drive just going to either?

• Supporters

check if they got the gun in stock first....

cheaper option is cyma either normal

http://www.taiwangun.com/en/electric-air-soft-guns/cm-032a-black-style?from=listing&campaign-id=19

or the ebr mofo:

http://www.taiwangun.com/en/electric-air-soft-guns/cm-032-ebr-black-style-cm?from=listing&campaign-id=19

however the basic cm032 "can" have picky hop/problems

so as with any "different" gun research basic replacement parts mag compatibility etc

off topic - most things I type usually are but cyma svd snipers are not same mags as A&K svd mags etc....

so look into lots of stuff before jumping in on something a bit "different"

G&G SR range and the cheaper FFR - looks like a good popular gun and plenty change for mags n lipo etc...

fact of the matter is you will always be wanting more stuff - oooh that looks nice.

forget looks a little, concentrate on a good decent gun that don't cost the earth and easy to maintain

decent M4 starter is still worth considering if funds are limited if you just started a family

or you may get the nagging:

"Great - though you was gonna act more mature now we have a family - but no you want to blow all the money on toy guns instead"

ahh - women, they just never understand & we will never understand women

amazed human race actually survives tbh

A friend of mine had this Cyma M14, and after changing barrel and hop-up it proved to be very accurate rifle. He also had ~6 Cyma low-cap (60bbs) magazines that after lubricating were just about perfect. They are very good entry-level rifles.

Oh, and Cyma M14 is TM standard, so all the Cyma, TM, Boyi mags are compatible.

• Supporters

A friend of mine had this Cyma M14, and after changing barrel and hop-up it proved to be very accurate rifle. He also had ~6 Cyma low-cap (60bbs) magazines that after lubricating were just about perfect. They are very good entry-level rifles.

Oh, and Cyma M14 is TM standard, so all the Cyma, TM, Boyi mags are compatible.

good to know but sure some variations of stuff like G&G m14's use different gears or stuff in their gearbox

just remember reading it is a bit of mixture of bits for M14's coz was considering a Cyma 028

but saw the stock hop was a bit meeehhhhhhh

with that in mind I might start looking at a cheapy black 032 in new year myself

good to know but sure some variations of stuff like G&G m14's use different gears or stuff in their gearbox

just remember reading it is a bit of mixture of bits for M14's coz was considering a Cyma 028

but saw the stock hop was a bit meeehhhhhhh

with that in mind I might start looking at a cheapy black 032 in new year myself

032 is basically a TM clone, with ordinary Gearbox V7. the only issue he had with his m14 was that the selector came off, and he had to use pliers to turn it to semi-fire ;)

post-12334-0-84031900-1450203197_thumb.jpg

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.