Target practice at home

Magasaki

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi Guys,

Does anyone have targets set up for practice at home? I have a long 'tunnel' for want of a better word underneath the stairs in my basement. The basement is accessed from outside so there's no staircase - just two block walls about 1m apart leading to a dead end about 5m away. I was thinking of setting up a firing range of sorts for pistol practice using paper targets and an old curtain behind to catch the BBs. Was just wondering if anyone has some kind of target practice set up at home?

Cheers

Tom

Had something similar set up in my loft. Make sure you have the curtain forming a slope into a box to catch all the BBs, as they get everywhere otherwise.

• Head Moderator

Had something similar set up in my loft. Make sure you have the curtain forming a slope into a box to catch all the BBs, as they get everywhere otherwise.

I can now set up an indoor range - seated on a sofa and shooting 7m through the lounge to the cutains across the patio doors. Place the target on a coffee table in front, and then get the cleaner to hoover up any stray BBs.

And ability to switch on/off different lights and lamps in the room to change the ambient lighting conditions.

• Head Moderator

Just make the targets very small to simulate a greater distance ;)

I've done a similar thing using a couple of cushions and shooting from one room to the end of a hallway (about ten metres). My 3 year old daughter likes to run down and collect the bbs when we're finished. My Mrs thinks I'm mental.

I hang a trowel from our washing line, makes a great sound and it's a moving target. I shoot from inside the house out the back doors, it's quite a built up area so I'd rather not risk scaring neighbours.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.