Should I refund?

Trios

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have got my SRC ak47b bulldog v1 14 days ago and site said you could refund if there was a problem with the gun up to 28 days. Guess what i encountered a problem because i went to my first skirmish and chrono tested the gun but its fps was highly inconsistent. This was from JUST BB Guns btw. Anyway the guns went from 330 to 350 and 380 maximum at times. 6/7 shots were over the 350 fps limit. On the site they say it is a "Skirmish Pro Gun". Well i cant enter a skirmish and i do believe 380 fps is over any site limit for AEGs in the UK. Furthermore if I am not able to get a refund because they will only accept it if the guns broken should i start writing a small claims act?. It doesn't make sense for a company to say 350 fps tested as i think thats just them hinting out the limit. Also i would like to add they say thier data is just an estimation but it only says est. on their site which can also mean established fps. Comment if I really should try get a refund on a gun that was designed to skirmish but fires to hot.

https://www.justbbguns.co.uk/product/549/2-TONE-GUNS-PRO/466/2-TONE-AEG-RIFLE/3084/BULLDOG-AK47B-AIRSOFT-GUN&uc=correct here is the misleading site page

You've fallen for the same bullshit from just bb guns I'm afraid buddy & as its not broken, not much you can really do but you could try small claims but not sure if you'll get anywhere with it

If you've got a garden, fire a few mags worth through it on full auto to relax the spring a bit

• Head Moderator

If only you had joined the forum earlier and had a chance to read though some of the threads/posts regarding Just BB Guns. Would have seen its reputation and poor reviews.

• Supporters

You'll find the FPS will drop with use, and for a while the fps may be inconsistent due to the hop bedding in. However they clearly state on the website that the fps is 330 manufacturer quoted and they have "tested" it to 350.

Did you skirmish the IF that day or did the site say no to its use?

If you haven't skirmished it:- I would seriously consider contacting them and informing them that the gun you have been sent fires well above the uk power limits for a full auto IF therefore you would like to send it back for a refund as it is not fit for purpose. You may be offered credit but I would push for a refund. They may also offer to take it and replace it, or "fix it". You could claim you have now lost faith in the gun's performance and would expect it to be fit for purpose from the box. Feel free to quote appropriate distance selling laws.

Most companies will bend over backwards to sort it out as they don't like most things to be taken to trading standards.

If you have skirmished it or put more than a few test rounds through it your position may be much harder to fight. Especially if there is wear to the gun.

If nothing else it hasn't been a massively expensive mistake, over time you may find it is skirmishable as the spring weakens slightly. Use it for your 3 games to get a defence and buy something better when you have saved your pennies. Run potential purchases by people at your local site and/or on here, the more info you have the better.

alternatively if you confident why not buy a lower fps spring and change it out or get a shop to do it then you can play with it without it being hot, you tube will have a free video of what to do and how!

I was unable to use it on the day due to high fps (what exacly is the limit for AEGs BTW I'm a newbie and fell for the Just bb guns trap. Please let me know as they are already discovering I will be able to cause a lot of trouble for their company. As other people like me have had the same thing happen

• Supporters

The limit at most sites as far as I am aware (and anyone else feel free to correct me) is 1J of energy at the muzzle for an automatic. Using 0.20g bb's which is the lowest mass and probably the most commonly used ammo for sites, some companies use this as a hard limit which calculates as 328fps, mostly CQB sites where people are being hit at very very close ranges. But many sites allow a variance of +/- 5% which gets rounded up to 350fps as a hard limit.

There is a great website for calculating all of the energies etc www.1728.org/energy.htm

If you go to buy a new gun I would recommend researching the gun you want using INDEPENDENT reviews and disassemblies. Chances are you'll find someone, such as airsoft ed and other members of this community who post incredibly detailed reviews of the gun. If you do it well enough you'll know it inside out before you even get your hands on it, know what needs improved, what the gun excels in, the quality of the internals and externals and many other aspects to it.

Please, never trust retailers reviews, majority of the time they would be a lot better than JBBG, but at the end of the day they will still be biased and trying to sell a products good points and only highlighting minor faults, if any.

In response to the debate on creating a claim and digging up dirt on the company, to me it is a good and bad idea. it can show the non-airsoft community that we are committed to protecting ourselves, new players and possibly the general public from stores such as JBBG, but at the same time it might give more reason to make it more difficult to get hold of the replicas or even to have them banned all together worst case scenario. As far as I'm aware that's what the EU is wanting, right? Good luck with whatever route you go down!

• Root Admin

This guy gets it: Never ever fully trust a retailers opinion of a product - they are there to make money, and this is particularly abundant online where they don't have the one-to-one interaction that you might get in a shop where they can guide you to something more suitable or answer questions you have. A positive blurb on their page is the different between a missed sale or not so they absolutely will be biased.

Sorry man, but this isn't just airsoft. Life lesson to be learnt here about buying anything. As least it's only somewhat wasted on a cheap plastic gun and not a car or house.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.