G&G combat machine appraisal

Aengus

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Bought this in February this year (second hand) for £130. Was giving me problems at one point but they're all fixed now. Has been upgraded with a shs metal hop unit and shs red aluminium red air nozzle with o ring. Has some red stains from when I lay my wet gloves on it but the marks could probably easily taken off if you can be bothered.Comes with everything pictured (2 hi caps, 5 mid caps, we smart charger, 2 we 9.6v nimH batteries and a clone? Magpul stock bare in mind I do not have the original. Fps was around 270 at the last chrono.

PZ0RGV9.jpeg

r7eZIj4.jpeg

CoFco4g.jpeg

---Edit---

Comes in original box with unjamming rod as well

270 fps seems low. All the g&g m4s I have dealt with are usually 320- 330. Mine shoots 327 every time.

If u r looking to sell this guy may be looking to buy.

http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/29208-is-this-gun-any-good-cm507-from-taiwan-gun/#entry224036

I doubt anyone would pay more than £60 for it, badly painted, it's been worked on and is still at 270fps. it's going to need work, Is a project gun at best.

But that's not what you want to hear is it?

Think that the spring has been left cocked at some point so has weakened, so with a new m100 Spring do you think it would be worth around the price monty said?

Was that last bit a jab at me only hearing what I want to hear? :/

And the problem was nothing to do with fps it's fired that low since I bought it

I doubt anyone would pay more than £60 for it, badly painted, it's been worked on and is still at 270fps. it's going to need work, Is a project gun at best.

But that's not what you want to hear is it?

Well, I'd take the gearbox shell* for half that (with locking components/fire selector/trigger and certain other gearbox components as required: see vid), perhaps it's still got value as parts.

*assuming it'd fit my CM18

EDIT: this is an example, not an offer, do contact me if you're open to it, but i'd need to verify compatibility before going further. I'm confident the whole package is worth more than £60 in bits though.

Not sure if Monkeynuts is speaking of the whole package or just the gun.

I don't think that would be in his best interests at this time. :(

OP, do you have the original hop and nozzle?

Sorry k@rl but would rather sell as a whole as I'm planning on getting a gbb so don't want to be left with stuff. Sacarthe I don't have the originals, why?

Don't know if he'd be interested but I would take the mags, battery and charger if sacarathe was interested in the gun. That way it's all gone.

Sorry k@rl but would rather sell as a whole as I'm planning on getting a gbb so don't want to be left with stuff. Sacarthe I don't have the originals, why?

Because sometimes upgraded guns are worth less than the stock gun when the replaced parts (if unbroken) are not present, for reasons i don't understand myself. :)

Given the shop value of the parts, i'd consider selling the mid cap magazines separately to bring your asking price down by £25 ish or offer them as an optional extra with the rest of it.

Definitely clean it yourself!

Change the spring it will only cost a tenner. Clean the green paint off, which should be easy as its only the hand guard and grip.

Then with everything you will get £100/110.

Dont split it up its not worth the hassle.

I don't think it would be that easy. Gearbox has been played with, rings replaced could do more harm than good putting a stiffer Spring in it.

Splitting would probably mean he/she gets more than what they would for it as a package.

• Supporters

I don't think it would be that easy. Gearbox has been played with, rings replaced could do more harm than good putting a stiffer Spring in it.

Splitting would probably mean he/she gets more than what they would for it as a package.

Sounds more like you want him to split it for your benefit.

He only needs to put an m100 spring in to replace the one thats probably gone weak. As for bring opened OP doesnt say whether it was done by a tech or not so there is no reason to assume there is any major gearbox issues.

Low Fps is most likely a weakened spring or bad air seal both cheap and easy to fix.

Stop trying to railroad him into doing what you want 😒

Sounds more like you want him to split it for your benefit.

He only needs to put an m100 spring in to replace the one thats probably gone weak. As for bring opened OP doesnt say whether it was done by a tech or not so there is no reason to assume there is any major gearbox issues.

Low Fps is most likely a weakened spring or bad air seal both cheap and easy to fix.

Stop trying to railroad him into doing what you want 😒

If it's come across that way apologies, defo not my intention. But I would like the bits. If he felt it was an easy fix (depending on skill level) am sure he would have done it. Just goin him another option to get money for his new package.

It's not a spring issue, it's an air seal issue.

this airsoft notion that leaving a spring cocked will cause it to fail is ridiculous, it may reduce it's life and rebound by a few FPS but will not kill a beefy main spring outright.

270 FPS is 80 FPS loss from what we expect of g&gs which are often hot. 80 is too much even for a tired, worn spring. The fact the previous tech has replaced the air nozzle and hopup unit reinforces it has a pre terminal air seal issue. They most likely threw in a stronger m110 spring because they couldn't fix it. You will possibly need a m140 to plaster over the crack, who will kill the motor.

My gut is a Cracked shell causing an un identifiable leak, but without stripping the box we will never know, hence why it's a project.

Certainly spend an hour with some fairy power spray, and maybe some paint to tidy it up will add a few quids.

Nobody should be buying 2nd hand batteries, we don't know the life cylcle or workl load of them, they are always a hassle, especially as they are so cheap.

Pack of 5 Mid caps are worth £30 +p of anyone cash. But again we don't know their work load.

Hi caps worth £5 a piece.

It wasn't a dig at all, and I'm not pushing anyone any direction, just sharing my experience.

I was the person buying this gun when I started, and I had my fingers burnt badly, I don't want to see someone else buy a broken gun and I don't want you to have the hassle when someone who does known what their are looking for comes back for your blood.

For reference the mags are £55 and the gun is £120 brand new.

Thank you. My thoughts exactly. I already have a "full" collection. Really only interested in the mags and to have a spare charger. However might be a good project gun. I Pmd him an said I'd be interested as a spares package.

• Supporters

if it was a cracked shell - you would of thought it would have been noticed/picked up when nozzle fitted

still could be but my guess is air leak is mostly other areas like usual:

hop/bucking - box out of alignment, pi$$ poor seal - the G&G piston head I've never been happy with compression seal

and perhaps a worn spring - it was 2nd hand and most are about 330-340 so 10% spring loss overtime

other 10% worn bits/crap seals

this is all guess work though - could be cracked - but just slip off the top receiver & closely examine both sides of front end of box

is it normal or blowback box - blowback's have a slight increase in risk of cracking I'm lead to think

but slip off front end to check

blowback if not assmbled correctly can have an airloss too so this is where perhaps my money is going

needing full cylinder for 357/363mm barrel if blowback - and good seals - head needs port for bb btw

• Supporters

It's not a spring issue, it's an air seal issue.

this airsoft notion that leaving a spring cocked will cause it to fail is ridiculous, it may reduce it's life and rebound by a few FPS but will not kill a beefy main spring outright.

270 FPS is 80 FPS loss from what we expect of g&gs which are often hot. 80 is too much even for a tired, worn spring. The fact the previous tech has replaced the air nozzle and hopup unit reinforces it has a pre terminal air seal issue. They most likely threw in a stronger m110 spring because they couldn't fix it. You will possibly need a m140 to plaster over the crack, who will kill the motor.

My gut is a Cracked shell causing an un identifiable leak, but without stripping the box we will never know, hence why it's a project.

Certainly spend an hour with some fairy power spray, and maybe some paint to tidy it up will add a few quids.

Nobody should be buying 2nd hand batteries, we don't know the life cylcle or workl load of them, they are always a hassle, especially as they are so cheap.

Pack of 5 Mid caps are worth £30 +p of anyone cash. But again we don't know their work load.

Hi caps worth £5 a piece.

It wasn't a dig at all, and I'm not pushing anyone any direction, just sharing my experience.

I was the person buying this gun when I started, and I had my fingers burnt badly, I don't want to see someone else buy a broken gun and I don't want you to have the hassle when someone who does known what their are looking for comes back for your blood.

For reference the mags are £55 and the gun is £120 brand new.

There are a lot of assumptions in that statement. You could be spot on but.....

Dont know what spring is in there in the first place. Could of been an m95 and shooting about 310/fps in the first place, that would work out to a 40fps loss which is easily possible with a shot spring.

I have seen a compressed spring drop 50fps. So it is possibly the spring.

I personally reckon its probably an air seal issue but wouldnt leap straight to a cracked box. Could be a shot o-ring on the nozzle coupled with a poorly fitted bucking that will drop fps massively.

There are lots of things that can cause an fps drop and most are pretty simple fixes.

Change, spring check seals, reassemble hop using a bit of ptfe. Takes 45 minutes and cost about £16. If that doesn't work then yes it might be a cracked box.

But without looking nobody knows.

Op should check all the basics to improve fps before sale and clean up the exterior.

If thats beyond him then sell as parts or lower the price maybe but lets not consign it to the boneyard on assumptions just yet.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.