g&g pneumatic blowback question

kolbaser

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

so i have the g&g gkms which has the pneumatic blowback, i was wondering if preventing the charging handle from moving back would damage my gun or the blowback system.

thanks

Since your blowback is pneumatic, the charging handle isn't attached to the piston. This means it wouldn't cause any problems with the gearbox. On the other hand, I wouldn't stop the charging handle from moving, because you may end up with a problem there.

If you're near any airsoft retailers, your best bet is to visit one and have a tech look at it.

the G&G blowback is a simple idea. air is bled out of the cylinder every time it fires which fills a small chamber which pushed the bolt back. It returns the bolt by a spring. There are 2 options:

1. use some hot glue to seal the opening on the top of the gearbox. There is a small rubber seal between the gearbox and the blowback chamber. this is what you want to seal up.

2. remove the spring that returns the bolt. only issue is that the bolt will flap about a bit.

both option involve disassembling the AEG to get access to the bits you want to seal/remove.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.