Thoughts on these pistols?

HSCtheta7

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Trying to get a GBB pistol at Christmas, been looking around the ones below (follow links). I have a budget of about £110 for the pistol, and £25 for a mag.

- WE 1911R - £100 on Zero One (http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?products_id=9927)

- Tokyo Marui M92F - £105 on Zero One (http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?cPath=267_314_426&products_id=1891)

- WE F226-E2 - £100 on Zero One (http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?cPath=267_314_428&products_id=9365)

- ASG CZ P-09 - £100 on JD Airsoft (https://jdairsoft.net/secondary/pistol/12/asg-cz-p-09-black)

Could someone please give me some pointers as to what would be the wisest purchase, or to any other pistols? My current pistol isn't doing the job anymore, and I've got some money to play with.

Thanks

HSCtheta7

1911's tend to be popular, nice and reliable. From what I've seen, there are a lot of upgrade & mod options for them.

Personally, I'd go P226. Has a TM one for years and I loved it. Comfortable to use and very reliable. Good options to upgrade if you want, but it's not a necessity.

As for Brands, never really used anything WE, so not sure how they are cost/use wise.

• Supporters

First and foremost, go handle the guns, the TM is plastic (good quality mind), the 1911 don't hold much gas etc

That said I would rate them in the following order of best :- m92, f226, 1911, ASG (as I don't know a lot about them)

But that's just my opinion;)

[WE] 1911's - nice and reliable.

eeeeeeeh.... no.

Honestly I wouldnt get either of the listed guns. Here's some real nice options: WE glock gen 3 or 4, KWA ns2 or ns3, TM 5-7

Ok, ok, I stand corrected. Maybe WE 1911's aren't great. But 1911's themselves (with a good brand behind them) are reasonable.

With pistols I've always stuck to the "original" companies; Tokyo Marui, Western Arms (although WA are super high prices)

• Root Admin

Er, trying to compare gun models doesn't work in the same way in airsoft. Different companies have different blow back systems and different tolerances. You can find a decent version of most popular guns if you know the correct brand so I'm not sure what you mean. WE make good Glocks (and a lot of other stuff) but their 1911s are naff.

Tokyo Marui make excellent 1911s, but my opinion would just be their newer M9 (not the fixed hop version) or just a TM Glock (or WE for that matter). It's quite hard to mess up with pistols really as there are so many great ones out there.

Out of that list though, the F226 looks like the only not bad decision, but adding £20 to the budget would open you up to some amazing stuff.

...but adding £20 to the budget would open you up to some amazing stuff.

TM Mk.23 Socom ftw!

Not very good as a sidearm due to the sheer size of it; but using it as a primary (with a lot of mags) is one of the most things I've EVER done in 'softing. :-)

if you can scrape around another £10, go for a TM hi-capa. best GBB pistol bar none;

http://eliteshootingcentre.co.uk/Gas%20Guns/Gas%20Pistols/Items/5.1%20Hi%20Capa.htm

or

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?products_id=1866

got a 4.3 second hand about 5 years ago, and apart from a nine-ball hop bucking and new gas router it's still going really strong.

out of the choices given the only one worth having is the F226,

WE 1911 has problems with gas consumption/storage (you'll be lucky to get a mag off).

the M92f doesn't have an adjustable hop,

the ASG is a rebrand of KJW which (at least in my experience) work brilliantly for a while until they fail catastrophically, add to that limited aftermarket parts.

you could also consider getting a lipo and new hop for your Cyma Glock to breathe new life into it, a cheaper option.

• Head Moderator

I love the TM MK23. Yes it is not a small sidearm and so will reduce options in available holsters, and is not a blow back pistol, however, its reliability and silence makes it great secondary weapon. Without the suppressor attached it makes a fine sidearm, personally no more difficult to use than other pistols, and with suppressor fitted is great fun to use. May not have the 'bark' and recoil of other gbb pistols but it appears more gas efficient (due to being non blow back) and does the job.

The TM M92 and TM Mk.23 are superb sidearms...I have both.

My brother has a WE 1911 MEU type...and he is always surprised when it works. He is now looking for TM options.

My advice: buy TM.

Another vote for the MK23 - awesome gun. Easy to modify as well to out range a lot of AEGs (since it takes vsr barrels/hop rubbers).

But if you are dedicated on getting a blowback pistol then I'd also recommend a TM hi-cappa. Very good pistol with a plethora of aftermarket parts.

• Supporters

If you do want an M92 though, TM have just announced/released a new one with updated parts.

The WE 1911 will cause you nothing but problems, mags are too small to hold enough gas to cycle the slide properly.

WE glocks are apparently very good these days, as are TM.

Like a few others have said though, if in doubt get a TM hicapa and be safe in the knowledge that there is no better pistol available on the market.

Thanks to everyone who replied so quickly! So it seems that, for the most part, I'd be better off staying away from WE and heading towards Tokyo Marui.

I've rethought my budget and decided on these three guns.

- TM Hi-Capa 4.3 - http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?cPath=267_314_426&products_id=1866
- TM Glock 17 Gen 3 - http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?cPath=267_314_426&products_id=1869
- TM Desert Warrior - http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?cPath=267_314_426&products_id=5350

Sorry to be a pain, but if any TM users could offer me their expertise as to the best purchase, it'd be really helpful. Thanks again!

I have those makes and would go TM or WE.

The TM is plastic as has been stated before. Due to the light slide, they are very gas efficient and the trade markings are good, but it doesnt feel authentic in my hands and the blowback is not as noticeable. Good shooter though.

However, my 'go to' pistols are both WE; a SIG 226 and an M92.

I found it very easy to get holsters for those popular models although I believe the widths of tne TM and WE pistols can be different so exercise caution.

I mainly use a WE M92 because it looks and feels pretty real in terms of weight (no trades though), its relatively inexpensive if it gets broken/dropped in action and it strips like real steel. I can also use CO2 mags through it in winter.

I have those makes and would go TM or WE.

The TM is plastic as has been stated before. Due to the light slide, they are very gas efficient and the trade markings are good, but it doesnt feel authentic in my hands and the blowback is not as noticeable. Good shooter though.

However, my 'go to' pistols are both WE; a SIG 226 and an M92.

I found it very easy to get holsters for those popular models although I believe the widths of tne TM and WE pistols can be different so exercise caution.

I mainly use a WE M92 because it looks and feels pretty real in terms of weight (no trades though), its relatively inexpensive if it gets broken/dropped in action and it strips like real steel. I can also use CO2 mags through it in winter.

I've got a generic leg holster, so hopefully the size shouldn't be an issue :D

My hands are little on the small side, so the P226 and Beretta are a little uncomfortable. That said, my mate's WE M9A1 is pretty cool.

Sorry but you listed those two pistols in your op.

This thread just shows that buying airsoft guns is a very personal and subjective experience.

If youve got small hands, some of the guns in your second wish list are probably too big too.

Suggest you visit a shop and look at some physical models to see what suits you best.

I usually go in a shop with one intention and come away with something totally different.

I've got a generic leg holster, so hopefully the size shouldn't be an issue :D

My hands are little on the small side, so the P226 and Beretta are a little uncomfortable. That said, my mate's WE M9A1 is pretty cool.

Sorry but you listed those two pistols in your op.

This thread just shows that buying airsoft guns is a very personal and subjective experience.

If youve got small hands, some of the guns in your second wish list are probably too big too.

Suggest you visit a shop and look at some physical models to see what suits you best.

I usually go in a shop with one intention and come away with something totally different.

It is very subjective, I'll agree to that. The comfort thing isn't much of a problem, it's just something to consider...mainly I'm just after something that will be reliable and within my budget, and I'm not close enough to any airsoft stores. So, speaking to fellow 'softers is probably the better way to go...

...mainly I'm just after something that will be reliable and within my budget...

IMO the Hi-Capa is the one then.

I had a 5.1 (the 4.3's slightly bigger brother) and it was flawless.

Most of my 'softing buddies have stuck to some variant of the Hi-Capa.

Tonnes of upgrade and mod options for when you realise that the Stock model isn't quiet enough and you need (not want, need) I upgrade it to make it more awesome.

Treat it well and it'll last longer than you will!

IMO the Hi-Capa is the one then.

I had a 5.1 (the 4.3's slightly bigger brother) and it was flawless.

Most of my 'softing buddies have stuck to some variant of the Hi-Capa.

Treat it well and it'll last longer than you will!

4.3 it is! Now...Hi-Capa or Desert Warrior? Decisions, decisions...

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.