AK47 Best place to put holosight

Trios

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

ok this is my gun and i want to attach a holographic replica 552 eotech to

im looking really for a dust cover but struggling and live in the uk

I think is wierd how so few companies sell ak covers with decent rails on

has anyone got any suggestions for me to buy

price range around £30

Ones like the link below are side mounted, but don't need external parts. You just screw it into two existing holes in front of the mag-well. They allow you to mount the sight just above the rear iron-site, if that's not too far forward for you.

http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft/cyber-gun-kalashnikov-ak47-series-scope-mount.htm#.Vms51vmLSUk

Focusing on the question in the title: RIS attached to the dust cover is probably the WORST place to put an optic. Dustcover is not very securely attached and often have, or develop, slight wobble. If your battery is under it you will remove it at least twice per game. The side mount will be solid, but is a bit of a hassle if thats where the battery is. If it's in the stock, go for side mount. If battery is under dustcover, I'd say the best place for an option if on top of the handguard.

If you have an AK the best place for your Eotech is back in the box. They look stupid on AKs.

On AK with wood stock/grip - yes. But if You have AK-74, with polymer stock, they look very good.

tumblr_m9feu54h8n1ql5m5go1_500.jpg

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.