Sapi plates before Christmas

joewright

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

It's really simple once you know:

1 buy a cheap foam camping Mat.

2. Most plates are 10 wide by 12 tall, angled at the top song would start by cutting a 10x12 square, then lay it over the PC. To work out where your want the angles. The foam can be cut with normal scissors or a Stanley knife with adult supervision.

3. Test fit and trim to carrier.

Personally I don't use any thing in the back, and double up the Mat to fill the void.

It won't weigh the same as real plates, but will help hold the shape of the rig.

• Head Moderator

YouTube has several videos for DIY option. Buy cheap foam roll mat from Army surplus store or camping shop, cut it to shape and tape. Does not have to be pretty as it will be hidden inside the plate carrier, just strong enough to hold its shape and support pouches.

Edit: Mr Monkey Nuts already posted as I was typing

Edited by Jedi_Master

If you want to buy readymade ones, there is a UK supplier where I got mine from. Does different sizes, swimmer cut etc and as there is still 2 weeks to Christmas delivery should be possible (I presume this is some kind of present?)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.