Upgrading a TM MP5K

AngelGrinder

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

Recently purchased a TM MP5k, it all seems to be working fine, haven't had a chance to get it chrono'd but it seems to be fine. Motor seems fairly sluggish, not giving me a great fire rate...it's acceptable, but by no means anything to write home about.

I'm planning on using it as a back-up mainly as mostly play woodland, and primary for when I occasionally will go to CQB. I want to keep it fairly reliable, and not go to crazy on upgrades (I've not opened a gearbox before) but am willing to learn, it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

It's currently on a 8.4 nimh stick, I've seen that you can cut down the charging handle slightly and fit a 9.6 in there, anyone have any recommendations for that?

I may pick one of these up http://www.proairsoftsupplies.co.uk/acatalog/SHS-Motor--Strong-Magnetic--Long-Type--SS303.html as a starting point, any other recommendations?

I haven't opened it up yet, but was thinking of picking up a new hop rubber/bucking to make sure it's all nice and refreshed, as I did notice that when I bought it, a few bb's were rolling out of the barrel, although I have since adjusted the hop and it seems to have stopped.

It's an easy mod, you unscrew the front sights and it allows you take out the charging handle without any perminant modifacations.

When you chono it it'll probably be running around 220-230fps which is what they run at stock.

I'd keep the hop and just clean the barrel.

regarding upgrades, it depends on what you want out if it performance wise.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.