Selling/Sending Blank Fire caps

Twice19

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys

I've been looking into selling my old Blank Firing Grenade (potentially have a buyer...so get in line 😃)

The BFG Unit isn't too much of an issue; but, I'm going mad about the legal and logistics side of sending the Ammo for it.

I have both 9mm and 12guage blank shells.

Are these legally able to be shipped around the UK? In guessing there is something allowed as Retailers are sending them, but all the Couriers I'm looking at say these are Prohibited Items.

I don't want to send it to someone and have the package siezed - or worse, have some guys in suits knocking on either doors.

Any advice/help is appreciated.

Twice19

• Supporters

I have been sent shotgun primers via UPS Collection point

Can't remember how some 9mm blanks got sent to me from another place ages ago

These blanks/primers are a weird mofo in how you can/can't buy them etc.....

some places will sell 'em and ship no problem as long as ya 18

one or two won't ship them - collection only

a proper firearms place does them in bulk at crazy prices - shotgun primers but demand firearms license only

Then again Zero One made me fill out a pyro / blank firing form - even though they had my ukara details

fill in, scan & email it all back to them - just buy a BFG - no blanks just the BFG FFS

So yes it is very unclear to say the least on blanks and think nigh on all couriers would say no way if you disclosed it

My best proper advice - only send the blanks if you have the proper box for them - not loose ffs

so that all of them are kept apart from each other wrapped up very very well

maybe send the bfg & blanks seperately but will push up postage - but at least if blanks get stopped the bfg won't (hopefully)

it is always a risk of hassle even sending a gbb glock or a friggin lipo battery - especially with the increased security atm

think mainly as long as buyer is 18+, that is main issue if I was selling

Legally, anyone can own or buy blanks up to half an inch calibre, so that won't be an issue for the 9mms (not sure where 12ga blanks come in though).

As for postage, it depends on the carrier. Royal mail/parcelforce probably won't touch them as they class as explosives or ammunition, so have a look around for other carriers

• Root Admin

Yeh, I got my shotgun primers through the letterbox. Came after Royal Mail did, so I'm not sure who delivered it (the package was almost completely unmarked apart from my address). Like you say, probably just a courier thing as legally they're fine to posses.

Having thought about it, I wonder if you can buy .50 blanks anywhere... Do you think postman pat would mind carrying them in his satchel?

• 2 weeks later...

Then again Zero One made me fill out a pyro / blank firing form - even though they had my ukara details

fill in, scan & email it all back to them - just buy a BFG - no blanks just the BFG FFS

SWAT VTG by any chance^^?

• Supporters

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?products_id=2415

$hit tbh, the "timed" now has gone all female teenagery

sometimes it just can't be ar$ed and very unpredictable

spray wd40 silicone - works for a while but still unclear if 3sec or 7sec+ timer

impact - oshiboom no problems buying that at all

would like to try the dyantex impact maybe one day

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?products_id=4320

http://www.airsoftworld.net/dynatex-dominator-impact-blank-firing-grenade-bfg.html

(no form crap to fill in at AW)

but their timed bfg has a mind of its own

• Supporters

it don't work too well on very soft ground

tricks are to aim for covered areas of woodland

that aren't soaked like muddy open fields - even told give a flick to spin but didn't seem to do much tbh

on softer wet ground it is a little hit n miss - great in summer

but not good if you are washed out in Carlisle the poor sods

The dynatex impact one is one I have come close to buying a couple of times

it ain't bare solid metal like oshi - always wondered if oshi hit somebody on leg

(has to be thrown under arm) - but still quick heavy n solid if it whacked a guys leg

the dynatex impact seems covered in rubber/plastic but still detonates very well in test videos

alas I don't use bfg's much - my son friggin' cleaned up in summer one day with oshi

(he was aiming for a corner point - ground was hard but if it failed it would go off as it hit a wall of pallets)

thought I'd wipe the smile off his face and dug out the timed one but failed to go off in a cqb battle

(so yeah I and others got owned by the little $hit - again)

as for adapters - cheap bit of imperial pipe allows ya to use .203 shotgun primers instead of 9mm blanks

think it was something like a piece of alloy pipe say 1/4" inner by 3/8" outer diameter I bought n fits well

could dig out the exact dimensions but you get the idea of a cheap 6mm x 9mm tube to chuck up cheapo adapter

just measured a shotgun primer - 6.17ish so it is a bit over 6mm hence me refer to imperial sizes 1/4" = 6.35mm

ain't got 9mm to hand - sounds daft but sure it was something weird coz 3/8" is 9.25

(might be 11/32" = 8.73mm or 23/64" = 9.21mm)

• Supporters

Much as I love my ohshiboom, I have seen one thrown and land at a really odd angle (really hard to explane, it was thrown base first, but the wobble head and the side hit at the same time while the base was still in the air, then it just went flat, no boom) and not go off at all, never had that myself mind

Then again I have had my dynatex go off on impact, it all depends on what angle it lands. FYI I wish the dynatex was rubber coated, it's had plastic.

• Root Admin
<snip>

Ok, thanks for that. I grabbed the shotgun primer adapter, but have yet to try it. Was only £5 in the sale so I figured 'why not'.

Maybe wrapping it in two layers of electricians tape may make it a little less painful if it were to hit someone?

• Supporters

if you chuck impact bfg out on long wet grassy field - no chance sundance

might try dynatex in new year - what was the Mall's ruling on BFG's

thought some BFG's are only allowed in some places

a solid metal oshi won't do any nice polished floors any favour

but might be confused now but thought timed bfg's were are bit more ok at Mall than say oshi's

any regulars enlighten us or am I talking out of my duck's ar$e again ??

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?products_id=2415

$hit tbh, the "timed" now has gone all female teenagery

sometimes it just can't be ar$ed and very unpredictable

spray wd40 silicone - works for a while but still unclear if 3sec or 7sec+ timer

I've got an *original* Dynatec (about 8yrs old now) and I've never had an issue with it. Timer is spot on every time, even after some serious abuse.

Never used the Impact BFG's myself. Always preferred the timed ones.

• Supporters

I've got an *original* Dynatec (about 8yrs old now) and I've never had an issue with it. Timer is spot on every time, even after some serious abuse.

Never used the Impact BFG's myself. Always preferred the timed ones.

Think I left it primed for a while and that is reason why its a bit w@nked

impact gives 'em no time to leg it,

won't blow yourself up or ya m8's if ya get taken out just as you are about to chuck/cook a timed bfg

but softer ground timed has advantages though - unless its a bit boned like mine

horses for courses as they say

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.