ARES AM-013 "Honey Badger" [DUAL SECTOR GEAR/PISTON PRE-COCKING/DOUBLE MAGNET] CUSTOM

ChupacabraOutdoor
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys,
This is my latest custom, an ARES AM-013 "Honey Badger" with Piston Pre-Cocking function, Dual Sector Gear and Double Magnet system.
Shooting this thing is great fun, exceptionally silent and trigger response is bloody immediate.
Hope you enjoy the video!

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, skillfulmmd said:

Will you be dropping a guide on how to do this at all I'm really keen to get my single fire rate up as fast as I can.

He has done numerous videos on how to do this to an amoeba, just have a look on his channel.

would be easier just to use an 11.1 and it will be really snappy, that's what I used to do.

5 minutes ago, Georgeturner2001 said:

He has done numerous videos on how to do this to an amoeba, just have a look on his channel.

would be easier just to use an 11.1 and it will be really snappy, that's what I used to do.

Nice, I will take a look.

I already have and 11.1v hooked up via deans and a Lonex motor. Just looking to get as good as I possibly can!

12 minutes ago, skillfulmmd said:

Nice, I will take a look.

I already have and 11.1v hooked up via deans and a Lonex motor. Just looking to get as good as I possibly can!

Surely that should be super snappy still? What lonex is it and what spring?

i think DSGing it would only be worth it if your using 7.4s only, honestly I wouldn't bother.

3 minutes ago, Georgeturner2001 said:

Surely that should be super snappy still? What lonex is it and what spring?

i think DSGing it would only be worth it if your using 7.4s only, honestly I wouldn't bother.

I forget I switched to a SHS motor instead and using the stock spring. I still have a 13 teeth piston to fit and align the AOE. Do you think it would be pointless if I DSG then?

33 minutes ago, skillfulmmd said:

I forget I switched to a SHS motor instead and using the stock spring. I still have a 13 teeth piston to fit and align the AOE. Do you think it would be pointless if I DSG then?

Makes things more complicated, you have to keep undoing the spring guide to keep the spring de compressed.

You would also need to do a fair bit of tech work I suppose, doesn't look too easy in my opinion, I'd say just keep it as is until something breaks.

17 hours ago, Georgeturner2001 said:

Makes things more complicated, you have to keep undoing the spring guide to keep the spring de compressed.

You would also need to do a fair bit of tech work I suppose, doesn't look too easy in my opinion, I'd say just keep it as is until something breaks.

Yeah you could be right. I would like to get my tech work up a bit so it could be used as an excuse to do that. When I fit my new SHS piston I will try doing good AOE as I've never done that before. 

Archived