Bringing parts into the country

SeniorSpaz87

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Hello,

As some of you may know, I moved over the summer to attend university. However, I will be back for a winterly game or two at The Mall, and wanted to bring some kit with me. I know my actual kit (uniform, pouches, etc) is fine, but I have a rather standard we g17 over there for me as well. I wanted to bring my current g17 slide and frame (in separate boxes, there is no way they could be put together to make a gun) as I've done a lot of upgrades and mods to my we g17 here in the states. Do you think customs would care? I am not bringing parts into the country to build an RIF; my g17 is already an RIF. Also, I am not UKARA registered. I a, of age, have attended my games, and have my paperwork all signed by Luke at The Mall, but as I left the country only a few days after I turned 18, I didn't have time to turn it in.

Side note, can I turn in 6mo UKARA papers? Or do I need to start over? And where should I take those to around Ascot/Reading?

• Root Admin

I can't answer this fully, but my general feeling would be - without an easily verifiable defence - to not bother. With the current political situation revolving around guns I can't see them letting it in, but I'd contact Border Force (they're the guys in charge of checking what comes in, not Customs and Excise who deal with taxing stuff).

As for the UKARA stuff: 6 months should be absolutely fine. I believe the upper limit is around a year. Try to take them to the place you got them stamped for minimal hassle, but obviously which retailer you register with doesn't really matter though Firesupport are allegedly pretty quick with registering new members.

If anything I'd say bringing a Glock over is a bad idea. The situation with importing Glocks with trademarks in the US is a bit weird, is it not? Glock Gmbh really don't like people having unlicensed trademarks and I have read of US officially removing trades with rotary tools or sandpaper before letting them in, though allegedly this is avoided quite easily by covering up the marks with putty before bringing them over. Not sure if you ran into any of those problems or if you just bought it over there.

• Supporters

I can't answer this fully, but my general feeling would be - without an easily verifiable defence - to not bother. With the current political situation revolving around guns I can't see them letting it in, but I'd contact Border Force (they're the guys in charge of checking what comes in, not Customs and Excise who deal with taxing stuff).

As for the UKARA stuff: 6 months should be absolutely fine. I believe the upper limit is around a year. Try to take them to the place you got them stamped for minimal hassle, but obviously which retailer you register with doesn't really matter though Firesupport are allegedly pretty quick with registering new members.

If anything I'd say bringing a Glock over is a bad idea. The situation with importing Glocks with trademarks in the US is a bit weird, is it not? Glock Gmbh really don't like people having unlicensed trademarks and I have read of US officially removing trades with rotary tools or sandpaper before letting them in, though allegedly this is avoided quite easily by covering up the marks with putty before bringing them over. Not sure if you ran into any of those problems or if you just bought it over there.

Alright; just FYI neither the frame or slide have any glock trades. The slide is a WEI Tech slide, and the frame is a basic stipled one. I ordered both from ehobby to the U.S. with no issues whatsoever.

Does anyone know if The Mall's shop can turn in UKARA papers?

• Supporters

Well, I suppose I'll play it safe and not bring any RIF parts. Now, what I do want to bring are M4 and g17 mags (I took all mine with me to the states), and my Xcortech tracer system. Would these things be OK? I know on GBB mags to take them apart so there's no pressure. And these will all be checked, not carried on.

• Root Admin

I'd just try posting the parts. In a Glock they're interested in the barrel - I don't believe anything else needs to be serialised and is therefore not restricted in the same way, though maybe a real steel shooter can confirm? Airport customs can be more on edge than the ones that manage the post.

Mags shouldn't be an issue, but like you say: Remove the valves and I'd even put a note with them in case they open up your case.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.