Have a friend who might play, but theres an issue

RabidNinja64

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Long and short of it, I have a female friend with one arm whos taken an interest in this hobby of mine. Id love to tag her along, but being both a new player and with a physical disability,i find it daunting to find a comfort zone to suggest to her. Any suggestions are welcome.

Not really an issue unless she likes big guns, guy who regulars at a site I occasionally goes to is paralysed from the waist down and uses a mounted MG on his mobility chair. Went to Taiwan and there was a guy with a prosthetic hand which he made up a clamp for his M4, and a tomb raider style rig for his pistol mags.

Look up on YouTube as many rifles have a way of loading/unloading with one hand.

I would initially recommend a family friendly site, somewhere small and easy going, if your in the South East Cool under Fire, bush valley or apocalypse as it will (hopefully) give her the best impression of the sport.

http://youtu.be/42svGQfdehk

It's only an issue if she lets it be one, like Geoff says get on YouTube as there's lots of examples, she could get a glock with a bollock mag, semi + fully auto with a shit load of bbs before re loading... That would be so much fun for her 👍

Sub machine guns, auto pistols and the like. Plenty of weapons she could get on with. My bro is disabled, has something similar to parkinsons. We took him and he loved it, everyone was really sound and made it really enjoyable for him. Like people have said, the problem is only as big as people make it, and as a rule i havent come across any one who is gonna make an issue or fun of anyone with a disability or problem. I would suggest cqb, just because of the nature of the guns i imagine she could use easily arent great for range, and nothing sucks worse then being out ranged by everyone lol

Why are you calling C mags something else today?

MP5 with a remote double bollock mag.

http://www.evike.com/products/29150/

That mag will auto wind when the gun fires.

http://www.taiwangun.com/fr/chargeur-electrique-box/elektryczny-podwojny-magazynek-na-500-kulek-do-mp5-black-battleaxe

Significantly cheaper option.

Long and short of it, I have a female friend with one arm whos taken an interest in this hobby of mine. Id love to tag her along, but being both a new player and with a physical disability,i find it daunting to find a comfort zone to suggest to her. Any suggestions are welcome.

Am really sorry to ask but it will make it easier for us to help, is ur friends affected arm shorter or completely missing.

It just below the elbow naturally.

Y naturally? U stated 1 arm. What u should have said is 1 arm with only partial mobility.

Anyway, i suggest u get ur friend to use a 1 point sling with a lightweight (polymer) aeg with hi cap electric mags.

Long term if she likes it u could modify a front grip to fit her lower mobility arm.

Pistol mags can be fiddly and difficult to change with one hand.

Mp5s and umps are very easy to change mags with one hand as it isn't a button on the side but a tab in line with the mag. If u havnt got one of them ask ur regular site (if they hire guns) if they have one of those you could try.

I would think it would be better for her to play cqb. Usually single shot only so a lot less mag changes.

I think he means its a natural disability karl, as in not from an accident.

As deebo said we took our disabled brother and he had an epic time. The thing i love about airsoft is everyone is so damn friendly and nice. Every one excepts people and no one judges. The only thing that doesnt go down well is not taking hits. She will be fine and have a great time! Let us know how she gets on. Im sure she will get hooked like all of us :)

• Supporters

I think trying to hold even a plastic SMG up with one arm all day could get pretty painful and awkward come the afternoon, though obviously we don't know how strong the 1 fully able arm is. Also all the 1-arm reloading techniques I've seen with firearms require the disposal of the empty mag; the implication being you're shot in the other arm and retaining empties is the last thing on your mind whereas airsoft is obviously a very different situation.

Whatever the weapon type, being able to release the mag with the fire control hand would be highly desirable which would preclude most AKs and G36s but a really compact AR or MP5 could be viable, though a pistol is probably the best bet overall and in a really tight CQB game I find a pistol to be the most practical option overall anyway.

Most people mount dump pouches to the front of their belt, but if a the lady in question could put a dump pouch on the front of a belt directly below the weapon hand she could drop empties straight in to it. Then with a pistol, re-holster, insert mag, draw, release slide and go. With an AEG, hang from sling or catch with knees, insert fresh mag and go.

Goin to have to disagree with the above statement. That's why I asked about the mobility of the person affected arm. Because they still have use of the arm below the elbow they could rest it on. A small mp5 would be perfect tho. A dump pouch is a great idea, spent mags could be easily put in a rear mounted pouch.

Thanks for all the input guys :) really appreciated. Oh, and when i say naturally, i mean it was meningitis as a baby, meaning her left arm is the only mobile one. Saying that, im tempted to get her to do some form of a furiosa loadout from mad max; arm included xD

Regardless,a sling and hi-cap mags are a necessity as a learning curve in her situation. An MP5 sounds the most viable as it means she can tag along with me sneaking about ^.^

• Supporters

A hi-cap that can fire all its' shots once wound would make for the least amount of reloads; discounting a box mag which would add a fair bit of weight. Not sure if you can can flash-mags for the MP5 but from what I've read those can fire all their contents once wound.

Thanks for all the input guys :) really appreciated. Oh, and when i say naturally, i mean it was meningitis as a baby, meaning her left arm is the only mobile one. Saying that, im tempted to get her to do some form of a furiosa loadout from mad max; arm included xD

Regardless,a sling and hi-cap mags are a necessity as a learning curve in her situation. An MP5 sounds the most viable as it means she can tag along with me sneaking about ^.^

In that case an mp7 may be betta. I have a tm mp7 aep. Can be held in one hand, very light, although fps is low the range is great due to tm hop up. Can do a lipo conversion on it.

http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/27672-tokyo-marui-mp7-aeg-price-drop/

• Supporters

Mp5 is a good shout add a sling to help support the weight which will make it easier to use one handed.

A 3 point sling might be better for this reason.

As for mags just get one of these

http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft/battleaxe-mp5-electric-500rds-auto-wind-high-capacity-magazine.htm#.Vm1ffS8Ybfs

A hi-cap that can fire all its' shots once wound would make for the least amount of reloads; discounting a box mag which would add a fair bit of weight. Not sure if you can can flash-mags for the MP5 but from what I've read those can fire all their contents once wound.

There's the MP5 electric 500rd Mp5 Hi-cap I linked above, a 1000 rounds in a day is more than enough for anyone. I recently got the CYMA MP5K - it weighs more than my all plastic M4, there's a lot of metal on it. There are lots of plastic MP5s out there, but CYMA mp5k is not one of them, that said, going on the comments above, I suspect the regular tapered front mp5 to be most desirable with the telescoping stock.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.