UMARES - G36c Sportline - Motor and piston/cylinder & head replacement

delbert

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi Guys,

As a "registered user" I am a new user but I have been lurking for a while, what a great resource this site is :-)

I have been trying to research the upgrade options for the my UMARES - G36c Sportline and have been struggling with the information I have identified and i suspect this is as a result of not understanding terminology and what is comparable with what? and hence asking for some opinions here.

I am a trained engineer so not afraid of doing the work myself ;-)

My gun is ok at the moment but it has lost something with age and is far less consistent compared to the way is was previously and I know it could be better.

The gun comes with a v3 gearbox.

I want to upgrade the motor and I see that the LONEX A2 is a good option, but how do I find out what version of that motor is compatible with my G36c as there are short and long versions and what do all the color options mean?

I also see it is highly recommended to change the cylinder & piston as well as changing the cylinder head/port, again how would I know what to go for to ensure that its fits my G36c?

Any help or part suggestions would be massively appreciated.

Regards

Delbert

• Supporters

Short motor, shs torque is another option.

Most likely hop rubber bucking might need checking.

Piston, piston head replacement - well only if starting to wear. Better options, AoE with sorbo + new piston ring, PTFE tape on cylinder head, o-ring nozzle, plus grease. Reshim if you think of needs it or leave if OK.

Going whole hog, rewire MOSFET deans

All depends on where you start/stop

Or another way to look at it:

What breaks next ?

Short motor in g36 & AK's

Thanks for the reply really appreciate your time taken :-)

I will research the suggested parts and post back my plans later. The motor is a defo job on the list.

The cylinder, piston and head will follow.

Thsnks for the help

Regards

Delbert

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.