Mesh eyepro

Mos

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've always used transparent ,arterial goggles. And the only problem is that they fog up >:( so I was thinking mesh. What do you guys recommend? Is it worth the investment into a pair of mesh goggles. (I do have transparent material ones already) the mesh things are quite cheap, and I'm all about the cheapness.

So anyone can say its worth it? Also, if anyone has a pair of goggles, that are mesh, could you take a pic of them inside, so I could see what they'd be like if I was looking through them. That'd be awesome.

Thanks guys.

mesh is cheaper but don't buy cheap mesh if that makes sense?

I used to always wear glasses and hated mesh as it made the world darker and my eyelashes poked through the holes which did my head in, but recently I have gone back to mesh as I was having mega steaming up issues which were ruining my game days. I have a pair of Nuprol mesh goggles which are comfy but are very dark, just ordered a pair of Herosharks as the holes are larger so am hoping they are less dark.

• Head Moderator

http://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/kingrin-desert-locusts-goggles-steel-mesh-model-od

Still recommending these too? I was planning to buy some for CQB.

I bought one of these as a back up pair of goggles but have not used them yet. The full seal is good. Vision is better than the small circular mesh type goggles but even the larger mesh can still cause some focus issue depending on eyesight.

• Moderators

I have a pair of the nuprol small and larger ones, larger better for my head, but as mentioned can be 'dark', also have some of the kingrin ones but cant fit them with helmet

nuprol only £10 - £13

tbh, its like goggles, its personal preference

I do like the heroshark ones, just been looking, so may invest in the new year when SHE lets me go again! haha :)

Heroshark is worth every penny you pay both me & my son has a pair. never looked back

As long as You still have something to look with. Personally, i'd never get a mesh goggles. Decent goggles are ~50 quid, eye surgery is much more expensive. But i'm just saying.

As long as You still have something to look with. Personally, i'd never get a mesh goggles. Decent goggles are ~50 quid, eye surgery is much more expensive. But i'm just saying.

Taken a few direct hits with my eye pro, nothing gets through them. not sure what your point is.......... but there you go

I received my daggernose herosharks yesterday and the quality is absolutely fantastic! I originally had the large nuprol mesh goggles but I changed to these because I wanted a higher quality lower profile set of eyepro. I've found the nuprols to have a better and more comfortable full seal, however the herosharks aren't as dark as the nuprols and my vision is less obstructed. As others have said, the mesh is very strong and the goggles seem to be very durable. Overall, I'm very happy with my purchase and I would recommend herosharks. ;)

its strange but I never notice the mesh at all.

All I see is the same as looking through sunglasses.

• Root Admin

If you put Nuprol ones next to Heroshark it's very clear that the Heroshark ones have larger openings and are less obstructive of your view - not sure if this is down to poor design on Nuprol's part or better materials in the Heroshark ones that mean the metal can be thinner, but either way Heroshark easily make the best ones out there.

• Supporters

The main problem with mesh is the shadows it creates across your vision. If you haven't worn any, you will not know what I mean and unfortunately most cameras do not work the same way as the human eye so you cannot replicate the effect in pictures without some very expensive equipment. without any doubt Herosharks are the toughest mesh goggles available - they do not claim it, but i have no doubt that they would stop 00 buckshot.

No way, buckshot is serious business!

Ignore the rednecks, buckshot vs. frying pan:

• Supporters

Yeah James, but that pot is continually getting annealed by being heated and allowed to cool slowly - they put dents in it with a BB gun they say at the top of the piece... probably .177/4.5mm steel BB's, but nonetheless, bugger all compared to buckshot. I dunno for sure that Herosharks would withstand buckshot mind, nor would i risk it, but i would put £10 on it if someone had a shotgun and some spare HS to test!

• Supporters

Absolutely no way, mesh is by it's very nature quite weak to impacts (but easily strong enough for airsoft, before anyone comments). The holes tend to stretch and allow stuff through when hit with enough energy by something hard; like shotgun pellets, even if heroshark lenses were made of something ridiculously hard like tungsten I don't think it'd stand up to 00 buckshot.. Buckshot will go straight through 2-3mm steel without any issue, it'll easily go through car doors with enough force to kill people on the other side!

My two cents;

I've spend years wearing the cheapy £10 Sansai Mesh Mask that retailers sell and never had any issues. I've played all through woodland and CQB in them.

Every few months they need to be replaced if the strap starts to go; or the mesh comes loose from the housing. But, £10 for 5/6months is a good deal as far as I'm concerned.

Never had any issues with the mesh being Unsafe. My current one has a couple of dents in the mesh, so I'll keep an eye on them. If they get worse then it's time to replace. But; nonl sign of anything trying to get through.

At first it was a bugger looking through the mesh, but now I'm used to it. Just like wearing sunglasses.

I get that a lot of people don't like the idea of mesh because it the weaknesses in it; but I've never seen any problems myself.

Tried goggles and glasses and never got on with any of them.

It doesn't look tacticool, but it does the job damn well :-)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.