The Mall

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I no longer manage a site. I left ironsight over a year ago now. I also no longer play as part of a team as the House of Wolves fell apart.

It's kinda great as I can say what the hell I like and not have to worry about being sensored.

Very true Eso.

Everyone slates Bunker51 but I loved it when I use to go.

Never got the hate for Bunker51. Had some good games there in the past. I may go again in the new year as its been so long.

Anyway, I will be at The Mall tomorrow.

Just finished packing/charging/testing/watching Embassy siege footage.

Should come to the private game and play with all us fairplayers sam, get a great game at a great venue then. You still eastleigh based too? Can always jump in the car with us southampton boys if ya are :)

• 1 month later...

After today, I won't being going back without a tracer, i'd imagine makes it so much better, when you can say "I did hit him", instead of "I'm sure I hit him/he fliched".

In other news, didn't bother with any kind of armour, just duty belt. All the worst hits I took were either while dead, or shortly following a hit.

After today, I won't being going back without a tracer, i'd imagine makes it so much better, when you can say "I did hit him", instead of "I'm sure I hit him/he fliched".

In other news, didn't bother with any kind of armour, just duty belt. All the worst hits I took were either while dead, or shortly following a hit.

Never leave home without it!

• Head Moderator

What no torso protection? But man, the welts, the welts, those terrible welts!

I counted 20+ last time I played there.

Yeah, I feel lost without mine if the batteries run out mid game. Was torn over the pros/cons at first, but no doubt about it now.

Sad to hear this shouldn't need to bring a tracer just to highlight cheaters :(

Although they do look the utter nuts I need to get one

• Supporters

Tracer is a double edged sword.

Its good because you can definitely see when you hit someone but 10× more annoying when they dont call it and run off. Also unless you are a quick player who moves a lot you are basically gving someone else a target.

As for protection good on you I am a firm believer in less is more in airsoft. Loose clothing, thick tops/jackets and plate carriers should all be banned in cqb. Anyone wearing hard shell crap should banned for life.

Its not so bad outdoors because the action is usually a bit less frantic so you notice things more but in cqb with the adrenaline and noise its definitely not a good thing.

• Head Moderator

Only 20 you need to get stuck in more.

I know, I use larger players in front as padding because it saves me wearing too much :)

Tracer is a double edged sword.

Its good because you can definitely see when you hit someone but 10× more annoying when they dont call it and run off. Also unless you are a quick player who moves a lot you are basically gving someone else a target.

I think, knowing you got them and they failed to take the hit, is actually better than, "i'm sure I hit them, they 'might' cheating", it's got to be more rewarding on an individual level, even if not on a teamgame/objectives level. If I was reported for non hit taking i'd like the other guy to be sure. I wouldn't report someone unless I saw sure.

Though there were a 6 instances today, including an under 1m to someone's back, when I wondered if my pistol was just too weak (250fps) for people to feel it.

At the brief for the last game the marshals neglected to mention that you could surrender to the terminator (without calling hit), apparently 75 people signed wavers today. I managed to avoid the terminator 5 times by being passive, while huge crowds of people were running all over the place.

Sadly I observed more than 30 (1 big group of 20, and 2-3 other group) people fail to take pyro/BFG hits from friendly fire during the day. There was a game with the team starting in the lift room, 48v9 for 2m until the rest of the other team could join, one of our team threw a pyro at a wall at the top of the stairs, bounced back and got 12-18 people, I was far enough back to take cover, but it was a shameful affair that non of them took the hit. Worst case of collective incompetence ive seen so far in airsoft.

• Supporters

At the brief for the last game the marshals neglected to mention hat you could surrender to the terminator (without calling hit), apparently 75 people signed wavers today. I managed to avoid the terminator 5 times by being passive, while huge crowds of people were running all over the place.

Sod that best thing to do with the Terminator is go all out attack on him much more fun.

• Head Moderator

No, stand behind a group of the other team, shoot the Terminator, and leg it :)

No, stand behind a group of the other team, shoot the Terminator, and leg it :)

THIS!!

We shot him in the arse and he turned round then promptly lit up the enemy team haha

Overall, it was a good day, spent a lot more time laying on the floor than ever before. Some peeps on the other team were very 'operator' (shoot first), but I didn't encounter them that often, generally the non hit taking affected a very small part of my day.

I think part of my problem is that I pull the trigger once, people fail to take the hit and then I fire again... many many players just fire over and over, even moving in exchanges under a second, they get so many shots off, if my one shot is ignored or not felt I've received 10 in return, whether or not my hit was first.

That being said, for the whole afternoon, I had only a gas pistol, so its not surprising I wasn't firing loads.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.