Airsoft MOT!

Twice19

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys

I've been out of the sport for around 5yrs.

Getting my kit out of the loft to sell it on has made me realise that the better option is to just get back into it!

So, after 5yrs of no use, I'm guessing the Guns will need some tlc.

Is there anything particular I'll need to look into/out for to get them back to standard.

I'm guessing the gearboxes and seals may need a bit of a lube up; but anything else I'll need to know?

2 AEGs and one gas pistol. They've been bagged up and sealed away, so externally they're in good condition still. But the internals may be another story.

Cheers

2x19

Hey, nice one for getting back to it. Was a good decision.

I'd say, give it a test fire, see if there's any things going on, and clean your barrel. It's probably a bit murky in there .-.

There's somewhere to start.

Good luck.

• Supporters

depends what brand they are, tbh.

Decent stuff tends to be fine left alone, cheaper chinese gear will likely want a new Piston head Oring and hop rubber. As Mos said, shoot them first and see what happens. If you can, get them chrono'd, most airsoft shops or all sites will be able to do this for you.

Thanks for the advice guys.

It's bad, but it's been so long I can't remember what make the AEGs are. I think they are original Cheapsoft 😃

I think I'll have to poke around the internals and see what's what.

I assume with batteries, it's best to just pay out for new ones? Rather than try to save the oldies? They saw a lot of use back in the days!

LiPos were pretty new on the scene when I dropped out. I thought they hugely ramped up RoF and tended to churn up stock gearboxes (higher voltage I think) so a lot of upgrades are/were required. Is that wrong??

I'm not the most technically-minded person, when it comes to internals, batteries etc. So it wouldn't surprise me if I'm totally wrong! Lol

Thanks for the advice, Rocky. Appreciate it.

Feel like a total noob being out the sport for so long, I've no idea about anything anymore!!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.