2016 Project Plans?

Koga

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

How am I changing my mind?

I stated that rhops can give good results but still think that others are as good and the firefly is better.

Erhop in a sniper firing heavyweight bbs is a benefit because of the extra lift.

Most airsoft players use 0.25g to 0.3g bbs and a standard bucking provides plenty of lift and spin.

A firefly bucking with the two ramp flaps that push on the two top corners help centralise and guide the bb and create enough spin to create a very stable flight (or at least as stable as a little plastic ball can be) that I found to be better than rhop.

Snake oil refers to the fact that people talk about rhop like its a miracle cure all and it isnt.

Nice derailed train pic ☺

You lot are just miserable bastards. Trying to trample on our Rhopping party :-).

To each his own but I have witnessed the improvements with my own eyes. As far as it producing similar results to flat nubs or fireflies, I haven't a scoobie. There are so many upgrade products out there that you are bound to get similar results from several of them.

Tightbore covers a lot of barrel sizes. Besides... it's easier to find a PDi in the length I need in a 6.08 than in a "widebore".

6.08 is not a tightbore, so that's probably why you've witnessed the difference. R-Hop patches are great.

I thought so myself but I always see them listed as tightbore for whatever reason.

Two plans for me

Kick arse sniper rifle just deciding on the base model I want maybe a cheytac always liked them

A smart AK weathered and worn look not sure on 47 or 74 yet

2016 gonna be a year where i'm gonna get back to airsoft after moving here from Poland, so i'll have to buy all my gear and get a defence.

Basically i'm gonna be rebuilding my PMC loadout.

I want to buy G&G Wild Hog 9", some nice 1911 to go with it, and plenty of gear ;)

After my only guns Hop unit broke (and finally got the parts to fix it today) I'm thinking of getting an M14 and potentially start a DMR build but finding which M14 is proving more difficult than originally thought!

Get a job so I can afford airsoft again.

Fix my SMLE by making a new magazine from scratch, possibly with an HPA setup.

• Supporters

Oh my gonads, where to begin...?

Probably first on my list is to finish the upgrading of Ekaterina my Gen 1 E&L AKS-74M - I have nearly all the bits:

PDI 6.05mm TBB, ProWin hop up chamber, double O-ring piston head, maybe PDI 100% spring depending on FPS from excellent compression, Prometheus Purple (soft) hop bucking + PTFE tape, SHS single O-ring air seal nozzle is already in, SHS High Speed motor, lo res rewire & Deans connectors, KK BW3 MOSFET, + might buy Kanzen ceramic bearings for the quiet & may adjust the gear ratio depending on how well the KK BW3 pre-cocking function works...

Need a new hop solution for Svetlana my spring A&K SVD:

she has a PDI 590x6.01mm TBB and the airsoftpro.cz advanced hop chamber; i was using a PDI W-hold bucking but it was really struggling to lift anything heavier than 0.32g so I tried a Maple Leaf 60° and a variety of 0.4+g ammo all of which was jamming in the hop chamber even with no hop applied; so i surrendered and replaced the W-hold, only to find that she was now jamming 0.3g Blaster Devils which had been my ammo of choice previously - i dunno what the problem is, so opinions would be appreciated (but i want to keep the 6.01mm TBB b/c high compression means weaker spring which makes for easier cocking from tiny & awkward cocking handle {even with the extension}), but anyway I have also bought...

...an AEG SVD by CYMA whom I am yet to name:

her stock FPS is supposed to be 440 but my local, Skirmish Mansfield, allow semi-locked guns to fire at up to 500FPS with 0.2g BB's same as BASR's (you just have to leave 1 second between shots), so I expect I'll put a 6.01mm PDI barrel in her to get the extra 60 & may have to trim the spring a bit because gunfire.pl claim her inner barrel is 690mm long, which i think must be an exaggeration, but if it isn't, holy extra compression mucking up standard FPS calculations batman! They also claim that CYMA's clone of Real Sword is so good that the stock compression is excellent, which is a claim i'll have to investigate and, whilst i am a fan of CYMA hop rubbers in AEG's, I'm not so sure they're good enough for sniping, nor is their QC up to much when it comes to hop rubbers, so i may well have to replace it due to bad moulding anyway. No doubt I'll also end up wanting lightning fast trigger response, which may well lead to a pre-cocking MOSFET, hopefully another BW3 because it would be such a waste of money to end up having to buy a BTC Chimera (which can also do ROF adjustment by inserting micro-pauses between full auto shots, rather than slowing the cycle rate) for a semi-auto only gun...

Then there's the new Meister Arms AKS-74UN I have just bought:

at some point during 2016 I'll name her and do to her pretty much the same as Ekaterina. except for the ProWin hop chamber which i only bought because it was going cheap 2nd hand (not that they aren't better than the TM compatible design, they are, but E&L and Meister Arms have already copied that design very well, even though it does then limit you to a 1200mAh 11.1V LiPo under the top cover, at least the extra space allows you to put a MOSFET handily on top of the hop chamber which makes it easier to get at to plug in Deans)...

...and the massive pile of partially dismantled AK's I have lurking in the back room:

of note Tatiana my AKS-47 needs a new gearbox inserting and her woodwork roughing up; Sabine my tactical AK-47 needs her GB un-jamming and a hand made FIMO ergonomic pistol grip; my franken-AK build needs completing and painting in snow camo; my Post-Apocalyptic/Terrorist AK-47/Type 56-1 hybrid needs her real steel stock fitting and a few internals; plus there's enough bits to make a couple of very good guns and a couple of bargain bin specials to sell...

Oh yeah, and there's also Raisa my tactical RPK build:

needs her Zenit style handguard internal file job completed and, oh weep for the heresy, possibly some kind of Crane stock, because i need extendible and can hold a battery, because the top cover is full of faux piston and bolt carrier, which will not come out and still allow the top cover to be latched in place at all easily, but i may experiment with some box section ali to make her existing stock extendible; plus she needs one of those grip-pods which split into 2 halves (rather than the ones which shoot the legs out of the bottom and look silly both open & closed even on L85A2's :P ); internally she needs the full Ian-stylee high compression/high cycle rate works, locking off to semi, and fettling for a UK-wide-ish DMR FPS of 420...

And how could i forget? I also need to finish Vázlav my Vz 61 upgrade:

from my bits pile he needs his SHS gears fitted; Kanzen bearings; Magnesium Alloy piston; 130% spring; and despite prevailing opinions and his PDI 6.01mm TBB, I am going to R-hop him (just to see); I also still live in hope of finding a neodymium magnet motor which will fit in his tiny gearbox...

Loadout wise i want to complete my Soviet era tank crew scruffy mixed uniform; add authentic leather jump boots to my Soviet-Afghan war era VDV loadout; build a dedicated Smersh to go with Raisa consisting of 1 side PKM for a drum mag, the other side RPK pouches for long box mags, and the butt-pack modified with an elasticated post box hole in the top as a dump pouch; finish my ghillie suit; get a Partizan/SS Leto Gorka for bad weather...

Also need to get my knee healed up so i can go to the gym and get fit again - I plan to be on form by March for the Balshoy Bolshevik Bash 4, but i expect to be fit for long range sniping quite soon...

I feel like i'm still missing something...

I also have plans to buy an actual P07 bayonet and make a mold in order to create a better rubber copy. Possibly I may do the same with a machete for my jungle green impression. I could then make a mock up of the Australian Machete Bayonet (most scarily large bayonet ever) by casting the handle of a P07 bayonet and adding a blade shaped appropriately.

bayonet.jpg

Get my work shifts changed from a Sunday. Smuggle my AK into Uni owned house. (What could go wrong?). Go with the uni society to some games. Get a valid defence again. Become poor and be forced to assume student life of eating pasta while struggling to find places to hide a growing collection of contraband RIFs.

Hmmmm 2016.... I might purchase a Krytac SPR and do some modifications to make it like a DMR. I'm planning on locking it to semi, installing a 6.03 tightbore and m120 spring, and using mid caps and heavier ammo. As I said previously, I will continue to develop my loadout and I will go for either a kryptek mandrake or olive drab camo base layer. Alternatively, I might just purchase a TM VSR and gradually upgrade it to be a 500 fps monster'! ;)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.