2016 Project Plans?

Koga

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Any of you fellas got plans for a new loadout or a new project in the new year?

I'm saving up for a nice custom WE Glock by Redwolf (pricetag is heavy but god damn). So I'm thinking of investing in some super-lightweight gear and running a pistol-only loadout. Pretty much just my parkour clothing with eye protection and a belt that can hold four 25rd Glock mags. I'll be bringing some fast paced gameplay that'll remind you that you haven't played Quake in a good few years.

Also, once I have that beautiful piece of pistol, I'll have finished my main loadout since I'd finally have a sidearm worth skirmishing. Thus completing my main loadout, which can fire a total of 60rds before needing to refill (the joys of GBBRs). Though, I fear if I like the pistol too much I may just run pistol only forever, leaving the G-Sanjuu-Roku collecting dust under my TV like it is right now.

Anyways, you guys got any more interesting ideas?

Start the rebuild of my Aug with the after-market parts I've ordered for christmas.

Build some NB fets get them tested and fit them to the guns.

Work out my actual field kit. I'm wanting to drop all webbing and use a satchel instead to speed me up, and let me drop to prone without fearing wet mags.

I think the big thing for me this year is going to be getting in the field and playing more. The extras this christmas will free me up from been reliant on friends for the little bits of kit I have missing, like a lipo charger, and reliable batteries. So I can set my gear at home, Get ready and be off from home even if they have to work, Thats a big thing because up to this point I've been having to sofa surf the night before a meet to get everything ready.

Gun wise the Aug is having a typical rebuild. New piston head and cylinder head, New barrel, hop rubber, Re-shim, bushings, spring guide, airseal nozzle,AOE, NB fet, Sorbo lining, and a paint job or cloth wrap. I'm just finalising grease choices atm and waiting for present day so I can get started.

16" G&P Wire Cutter M4 "Polarstar Jack" DMR fitted with PDI tightbore barrel and R-hopped by KOA! Should have it operational by Spring for a little outdoor fun :-).

• Supporters

Any of you fellas got plans for a new loadout or a new project in the new year?

I'm saving up for a nice custom WE Glock by Redwolf (pricetag is heavy but god damn). So I'm thinking of investing in some super-lightweight gear and running a pistol-only loadout. Pretty much just my parkour clothing with eye protection and a belt that can hold four 25rd Glock mags. I'll be bringing some fast paced gameplay that'll remind you that you haven't played Quake in a good few years.

Also, once I have that beautiful piece of pistol, I'll have finished my main loadout since I'd finally have a sidearm worth skirmishing. Thus completing my main loadout, which can fire a total of 60rds before needing to refill (the joys of GBBRs). Though, I fear if I like the pistol too much I may just run pistol only forever, leaving the G-Sanjuu-Roku collecting dust under my TV like it is right now.

Anyways, you guys got any more interesting ideas?

Couple of things, how you planning on buying your custom pistol?

You said on another thread you have never skirmished so you obviously dont have a defence. Unless you are planning on getting it two toned you need to play a few games and get a site membership/Ukara registration to buy a rif.

Whats a G-Sanjuu-Roku?

I know what san juu roku is but never heard that term.

• Supporters

Also the RWA custom/Awesome Surgeon pistols are usually massively overpriced and/or pretty ugly.

And functionally a pistol loadout isn't usually a good idea except at some CQB sites.

Agree with all your points above but still more interested in why he cant just say g36 and how exactly hes planning on buying that pistol.

Couple of things, how you planning on buying your custom pistol?

You said on another thread you have never skirmished so you obviously dont have a defence. Unless you are planning on getting it two toned you need to play a few games and get a site membership/Ukara registration to buy a rif.

Whats a G-Sanjuu-Roku?

I know what san juu roku is but never heard that term.

Well, given the cost, it'd take a long time for me to save up the pocket money for the pistol, so I'll obviously be skirmishing here and there until I'm UKARA registered.

G-Sanjuu-Roku is a playful nickname for my G36. Like how the Toyota AE86 is referred to as a Hachi-Roku sometimes.

Buy less and use the stuff I got

Get off my ar$e more and get out there more often than 2015

We all know that the new years resolution of "spend less" will last less than 24 hours :P

I'm hoping to do a few things this year: Mostly finish off my 45th Recon impression and fix any wobble on my AK and make it look new-er again. If I still have any funds left over, I'll also try to finish off my A&K SR25k, putting in a tightbore, maybe R-hopping etc.

• Supporters

I got a SR25 from BBGuns4less at £110 needing attention - seems ok other than a borked stock

extended gearbox seems fine (thought it might be cracked was my worst fear)

6mm metal bushings but at least I got option of say mild speed gears like 16:1 bevel/spur on 19tooth sector maybe

(12-13-14:1 are not option but better than say 21:1 used on most other long boxes like R85's)

so could carefully get some better trigger response but carefully avoiding PE if I stick to say 20rps

Oh well - that is way down my list of possible things to do - but always wanted one

(yup could of got one for about £140+ at GF but was gonna rip her apart anyway)

• Supporters

Completely unrelated note: Not the best idea to R-Hop a tight bore. yYou'll get no benefit over a normal bucking.

Rhop is snake oil airsoft myth crap.

Normal flat hop works just as well and firefly or other w-hold style bucking works better.

Tightbore barrel is almost as bad tried practically every type going and only barrels I would use now are Pdi 6.05 (when its been lapped), Pdi 6.08 or best of the lot orga 6.23.

As for projects;

Get a back up gun that lasts more than a couple of months.

Go to doctors to find out why I cant bend or straighten my arm properly, then maybe I can hold my gun again without crying like a little girl.

• Supporters

Think if you walk on water or very very experienced or lucky

R-Hop does perform a "little" better than a "good" flat hop

That said - hop/barrel is one mofo area I have so much to learn

I've fitted a FireFly to one barrel - think it was a softer blue bridged one in a zci tbb

took me time - looks good yup

Hmmmm.... - not so great, back to a decent cyma stock barrel/hop - better range and straight flight

yeah - I have still so much to learn especially in hop area

• Root Admin

Rhop is snake oil airsoft myth crap.

Normal flat hop works just as well and firefly or other w-hold style bucking works better.

Tightbore barrel is almost as bad tried practically every type going and only barrels I would use now are Pdi 6.05 (when its been lapped), Pdi 6.08 or best of the lot orga 6.23.

R-Hop patches are absolutely not snake oil and this has been verified through many, many users. Because they're not a conventional bucking you get a near 100% air seal every time, but I will agree that in terms of performance they're on par with flat hops - though is this in itself an issue? R-Hop material is pretty cheap (cheaper than most buckings) and having such a perfect air seal is great for HPA consistency. The real issue is a lot of people lack the patience to fit theirs properly and have them sitting too low, which causes severe overhop and/or damages the patch as the BB only hits the leading edge rather than travelling along the whole patch as is intended.

I've flat hopped and used PDI W-Holds and Firefly buckings and can attest to the R-Hop performing better even if we're purely looking at airseals here.

Tight bores are a poor idea unless you absolutely have to squeeze FPS out of something (for example a Marui pistol). Anything else I'd go 6.05 or 6.08 like you say. Again though, I've tried all of them (that is 6.01, 6.05, 6.08) and indeed have a 6.23 ORGA in my 249, with a 6.13 on the way for my VSR. R-Hops work great with these barrels as they can provide even more hop than a flat hop ever could through lengthening the window. Makes them brilliant for sniping with heavier weights which they lift with ease.

Purely from a basic physics standpoint flat hops and R-Hops will always be better then a protruding 'nub' like W-Holds and the Firefly 'ramp' because the force is exerted over a larger area, which allows for more minor adjustments, far less wear and a more consistent backspin. You can achieve the same hop with some buckings if you do it right, but if you want the absolute best air seal (and yes I realise you can get a great air seal with anaerobic sealant and/or floss with standard bucking) and hop area then R-Hops are great and are bespoke for every barrel by the very way that they're fitted, so you can get them to perform in essentially any bore.

I'm with prof on the r hop, I've r hopped my g36 with edgi barrel, that made lots of difference, I've er hopped my bar 10 with orga 6.23 and that made so much difference i could over hop .80 steel bbs if I wanted !

The difference is night and day between a standard flat and r hop.

• Supporters

Er hops can provide a benefit for lifting heavier weights on that I agree.

Air seal shouldnt be an issue with any bucking, I always use ptfe tape to seal all buckings.

Sorry but as regards accuracy and distance I think its massively over rated. The firefly bucking with a flat nub is easily as good for accuracy if not better.

You definitely get less flyers to the sides than you do with any other hop set up.

• Supporters

Well, I'm currently re-building my A&K SVD as the performance is lacking, it's a lot better after replacing some parts such as the hop up, piston and piston head, still lots more to go though, spring definitely needs replacing with a much higher FPS spring. It'll hopefully be finished in the new year

• Root Admin

Er hops can provide a benefit for lifting heavier weights on that I agree.

Air seal shouldnt be an issue with any bucking, I always use ptfe tape to seal all buckings.

Sorry but as regards accuracy and distance I think its massively over rated. The firefly bucking with a flat nub is easily as good for accuracy if not better.

You definitely get less flyers to the sides than you do with any other hop set up.

You can certainly get comparable performance to an R-Hop, but they aren't overrated; they are genuinely the most economical way of getting backspin because of the intrinsic value that comes with having a very flat surface with a perfect air seal. And like I say, they don't wear as easily because of that even distribution. You can get a similar distribution with a flat hop, but ultimately your air seal isn't going to be as good without modification and/or a decent hop unit.

Fliers too are something we'd have to disagree on (and many other R-Hop users). They're well known for consistency when fitted properly and fliers are incredibly rare.

Patches are basically a flat hop with perfect air seal. If you have the hop or diligence to Teflon tape your bucking then you'll be golden too, but one can knock the issue of compression, consistency and durability with one tiny bit of plastic and 15 minutes of time. That's why they're great and why more people should use them.

My plan is to finally complete my loadout. I'm going for the engineer loadout from BF4 because it just looks so tacticool. Still undecided if I should run multicam or completely OD; most people I've seen run multicam/mtp so I don't really want to follow that trend. I'm also going look at purchasing a higher end aeg to go with my desired loadout, and I hope to do some research into weapon modification to enable me to perhaps undertake a project at some point in the near future. :P

Well, given the cost, it'd take a long time for me to save up the pocket money for the pistol, so I'll obviously be skirmishing here and there until I'm UKARA registered.

G-Sanjuu-Roku is a playful nickname for my G36. Like how the Toyota AE86 is referred to as a Hachi-Roku sometimes.

The Ae 86 is only known by the term Hachi Roku in japan as its japaneese for 86. The only person in the uk who would call it that is some one who watches too much initial D. In all jap car modding scenes iv been envolved in over the years its always just been the Ae86.

• Supporters

Patches are basically a flat hop with perfect air seal. If you have the hop or diligence to Teflon tape your bucking then you'll be golden too, but one can knock the issue of compression, consistency and durability with one tiny bit of plastic and 15 minutes of time. That's why they're great and why more people should use them.

I know how they work I have fitted a few and still have one fitted to my orga barrel. But still disagree that they are anything special, yes results are good but no better than other good bucking nub combos. Its certainly nowhere near the hop miracle that people claim.

All the great results that people claim I am positive are the placebo effect.

Whenever I have tried different combos I have always locked them down in a vice in an indoor environment, so no human element and no wind to affect results.

I aso use a small bore mic when fitting an rhop so they are micron perfect.

At some point going to have to get a few different types of guns and film everything, do a proper experiment.

You can bring your guns along if you like and use them for it.

As for physics too many variables for it to be more than a guideline.

Until its its proven emphatically lets just agree to disagree.☺

• Supporters

I really want an ares vz58 compact :D

Edit :- when my pso-1 and hop unit arrive get them fitted to my svd, give it a try out

then maybe mancraft it

then might have to get that NSP-3 I have just seen if/when I do a night game :D

• Root Admin

derailed_train.jpg

I know how they work I have fitted a few and still have one fitted to my orga barrel. But still disagree that they are anything special, yes results are good but no better than other good bucking nub combos. Its certainly nowhere near the hop miracle that people claim.
All the great results that people claim I am positive are the placebo effect.
Whenever I have tried different combos I have always locked them down in a vice in an indoor environment, so no human element and no wind to affect results.
I aso use a small bore mic when fitting an rhop so they are micron perfect.

At some point going to have to get a few different types of guns and film everything, do a proper experiment.
You can bring your guns along if you like and use them for it.
As for physics too many variables for it to be more than a guideline.
Until its its proven emphatically lets just agree to disagree.☺

So you're changing your mind now and they're not 'snake oil' but instead just aren't anything 'special'. Where do you actually sit on R-Hopping then? Just last page you were making it out like they're useless and now we're saying that good results can be had but equal results are also attainable from other buckings like I said just before? I'm genuinely confused as to what we're arguing about here. I don't know anyone sensible that holds R-Hops up as being a miracle solution to hopping.

And this is entirely about surface area when it's boiled down to what makes flat hops and R-Hops better than most conventional buckings: The variables in most HPA systems are negligible with the hop setups people have. An excellent example of this is the Daytona Gun community - same machine, identical hop units that have been around in their modern form for quite some years now, so a good test group yet many go with R-Hops over the bespoke buckings despite them being very good - it just comes down to consistency and air seal for most of these players. A properly installed R-Hop patch will last many years (even when being absolutely hammered by the break-in process) if you don't mess it up with lube and will continue to shoot the exact same as the material doesn't wear across one point like W-Holds or the Firefly 'ramp' design.

The point of contact for R-Hops and flat hops is much greater, and that's why the perform well. The complete air seal out of the box and flexible nature of being able to increase the hop window are why I think R-Hop gets the edge over flat hopping though.

Believe me, I'm one of the first people to bring into question any long-standing 'last guy told me this was right' type stuff that is so prevalent in airsoft when it comes to fiddling with internals, but the R-Hop has been around for a while now. Far from being 'snake oil', it's the best you can get alongside a well thinkered-with, quality bucking like you describe. I'm not saying it's the only option, but surprisingly for most it's the easiest, cheapest and gets immediate results if done right.

Here's a fairly comprehensive view on the subject: http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=152480 and http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showpost.php?p=1777097&postcount=23

Edit:
Found the image I was after for anyone who has no idea what we're talking about. I should say, the flat hop obviously looks different to a normal one so this might not be the best picture ever.

YQkKs9Y.png

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.