FMA Maritime helmet

Alex34

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Any recommendations on where I can purchase a FMA Maritime helmet for a decent price? Seems like retailers in the UK are selling them at a king's ransom for some reason.

In the US they sell for $30 - $40 and here for £60+!

• Head Moderator

I bought one from Airsoft peak for $53, free P&P, back in late September.

• Head Moderator

I did not pay any import duty, do not think the item value was high enough to incur charges, or the parcel listed a lower value. Cannot remember where they are based, assume it is Honkers or Singapore, region where most of our imports comes from. They had a deal posted on here offering some discount, and shipping was free if no insurance taken. Ordered 23 Sep and arrived 06 Oct, Airsoft Peak had tracking number for parcel. The helmet came in a plain box covered in yellow parcel tape with bubble wrap around the helmet, not pretty but did the job.

Failing that, eBay can have them but need to make sure you do not get a crap china copy (look at photos of helmet interior, need the smaller removable inserts and not the solid one piece polystyrene type). They were about £35 with free P&P last time I looked at FMA maritime helmets. They should be adjustable.

I'm looking at one from Shooter CB Gear, again, doubt you'll be charged for import duty / tax. They'll probably declare it's worth a lot less than you pay, and I've heard before that you aren't usually charged anything extra unless an order is valued at being worth £50 or more - then again I've heard elsewhere you are supposed to be charged on imports so idk it's a bit of a grey area I suppose.

Yeah, most times it depends on what the shipper lists the value as.

I was looking at Sooter CB Gear as well... prices are really good.

• Moderators

agree with Jedi, it was his fault I got one the same time as him!! haha :), all be it the other version with holes. Took about 2 to 3 weeks, no problem what so ever, Ive ordered from them since ,again, 2 weeks

ill place another one but in the new year :)

None in stock at Airsoftpeak.

Shootercbgear charges too much for shipping.

So I went with ebay...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/301785605038?

Its £37.33 shipped from ShooterCB, and you would have had it by tuesday next week. The ebay one I doubt youl see untill the 2nd week of january

Its £37.33 shipped from ShooterCB, and you would have had it by tuesday next week. The ebay one I doubt youl see untill the 2nd week of january

Where do you see that?

Where do you see that?

The price or the shipping? Helmet is something like 30 dollars and shipping is around 20 dollars, converted to GBP works out at £37.33

Plus shooterCB use an express shipping as standard, I've had tons of stuff arrive from them in under a week

Checked again...

It seems I'm getting different shipping prices on my laptop vs my mobile?

The helmet is $46, standard shipping is $20, express shipping is $35.

With standard shipping it works out to £44, with express £53. Thier standard shipping is 7-20 days to the UK, where I order it from states 5-15 days.

To be fair if I wasn't getting the wrong shipping quote originally I would have probably ordered it from Shootercbgear. The quote I originally got was $54.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.