DAS M4A1

ak2m4

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I very rarely say this, but..... do want, big time.

• Supporters

Piston and cylinder etc (or at least equivalents) are presumably sat in the area that the bolt would sit in on a real AR. Can't see any other way it could function.

On a real basic (over-simplified tbh) level it's like a split-gearbox ICS or a TW except the upper GB/cylinder actually looks like a BCG and reciprocates. I've never owned a Systema but the magazines look awfully similar to my eye.

• Supporters

Thought it was some "hybrid" electric and gas mofo

Electric running the gears tappet bb loading

Slightly low powered piston striking a valve to fire a gas mag

Don't sound like usual sewing machine

So something is different in there

Probably totally wrong but first thought is a ICS box with a m40 spring hitting a m4 gas mag ?

Nice but sticking to old skool for now

• Supporters

No gas involved, you can see the mag, no valves.

The odd high pitched noise is most likely just an unlucky combination of the room and the camera. There's another video on the GBLS site without said noise evident. If it actually made that sound every shot I wouldn't buy one personally, but I'm confident it won't whenever they release another video.

• Head Moderator

^^ Love it, the realism of bombing a mag with 30 rounds and then proper shell ejection. Would not fancy having to go around picking up my brass afterwards, expect it costs a fortune to use when need to keep replacing all the lost shell cases. Takes milsim to the next level.

• Supporters

The TOP shell ejectors' been around for.. hm.. maybe 2 years now? Rough ball park.

You never actually see them around because most examples are horrendously unreliable and get stoppages every other round fired. Also bombing up 30rnd mags is only 'fun' the first couple of times, once the novelty wears off it very much becomes a chore I can assure you.

• Head Moderator

My point was not' fun' but the realism of loading shells into the magazine. Back in the day, I never had a problem with hand loading a magazine, although the 10 round 5.56 clips and plastic loading tool did make it easier to quickly push rounds into the magazine than doing a box of loose ones. 4 filled mags and 150 spare rounds in a bandolier for reloads.

The TOP shell ejectors' been around for.. hm.. maybe 2 years now? Rough ball park.

You never actually see them around because most examples are horrendously unreliable and get stoppages every other round fired. Also bombing up 30rnd mags is only 'fun' the first couple of times, once the novelty wears off it very much becomes a chore I can assure you

They been around for a bit longer, someone had one at a local CBQ site ages ago, seemed reliable as he never complained about it jamming, but there where always cartidges all over the floor. IRC he said the shells were cheap and that you could modify a real steel M4 mag to work with the rounds.

• Supporters

My point was not' fun' but the realism of loading shells into the magazine. Back in the day, I never had a problem with hand loading a magazine, although the 10 round 5.56 clips and plastic loading tool did make it easier to quickly push rounds into the magazine than doing a box of loose ones. 4 filled mags and 150 spare rounds in a bandolier for reloads.

I don't have a "problem" with it, sometimes you gotta do work. Still personally wouldn't want to have to do it all day while airsofting, but each to their own. Myself; I don't like realism even in the military, that's why I chose to be a uniformed civvie and deploy to hotels (4* minimum of course).

They been around for a bit longer, someone had one at a local CBQ site ages ago, seemed reliable as he never complained about it jamming, but there where always cartidges all over the floor. IRC he said the shells were cheap and that you could modify a real steel M4 mag to work with the rounds.

These are the cheapest I can find, still about £8-9 (before shipping from HK) for 30. Compared to 30p for a midcap worth of BBs.. quite a hike it must be said. Maybe there's some others around and obviously cost is relative to the person, but if you weren't spending a lot of time picking the things up, that could sure be an expensive skirmish.

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/top-brown-plastic-cartridge-for-ultimate-ejection-blowback-m4a1-aeg-30pcs.html#.VmTEOvnhD1s

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.